Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I think it was Ash that came on straight after the Ireland match that day, followed by Moby (with guest appearance from Fr. Dougal!)

I'd love if they had the Pro12 final on but don't see it happening so was half thinking of seeing if there was a local pub to catch that in and skip some of the support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I think it was Ash that came on straight after the Ireland match that day, followed by Moby (with guest appearance from Fr. Dougal!)

I'd love if they had the Pro12 final on but don't see it happening so was half thinking of seeing if there was a local pub to catch that in and skip some of the support acts.

you pay near €100 (or much more!!) for a ticket to see GnR, but you are worried about an Egg chasing match....
    Set the match to record , go enjoy your few warm pints in a field, and watch the rugger the next day when you wake up .....
    Rock on !! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

greenspurs wrote: »
    you pay near €100 (or much more!!) for a ticket to see GnR, but you are worried about an Egg chasing match....
    Set the match to record , go enjoy your few warm pints in a field, and watch the rugger the next day when you wake up .....
    Rock on !! :D

The bit in bold is the only thing I paid the money for though!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rugby fans & Arsenal/Chelsea fans who have tickets to the gig, a rock and a hard place situation for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Just googled it and you're dead right, it was Ash that came on after!

Seeing as the match kicks off at 6.15pm you'd be hard pushed to get in for Welcome to the Jungle (assuming GnR go on stage at 8pm-ish). I'd say watching it hungover the next day is our best bet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Have the timings of the acts been announced yet or are they expected to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tommyhayes1989

Hey it says on the event it starts at 2?
    Can someone give me an idea of the timeline for the night? I'm very unfamiliar with gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hey it says on the event it starts at 2?
    Can someone give me an idea of the timeline for the night? I'm very unfamiliar with gigs

Nothing 'official' yet ...

But support acts on about 3 or 4 oclock.
    Guns N Roses on about 8ish..... usually doing a 2 1/2 hr show, but i dont know what time the curfew in Slane would be (if there is one ? )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

greenspurs wrote: »
    Nothing 'official' yet ...

But support acts on about 3 or 4 oclock.
    Guns N Roses on about 8ish..... usually doing a 2 1/2 hr show, but i dont know what time the curfew in Slane would be (if there is one ? )

Difficult to predict stage times for this one given that only three support acts have only been announced and that tickets are stating gates at 2pm. I still think we can expect at least 1 more act to be put onto the bill before the 27th (minor Irish act at that). If not, extended slots might be offered to the acts currently on the bill.

At a complete guess:

Gates - 2pm

Support TBC - 2.30PM

Otherkin - 3.30PM

Mark Lanegan Band - 4.30PM

Royal Blood - 5.30pm

Guns n Roses - 7.30pm - (currently doing approx 25 songs on tour and played for 3 hours in Dubai on 3rd March so safe to assume they will finish around 10.30pm ish (allowing for encore etc).

Official curfew is 11pm but they usually wrap things up around 10.30pm/10.45pm latest.

(Foo Fighters started around 7.30PM IIRC - Eminem came on at 8.30pm - Bon Jovi was on at 7.30pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

General Admission tickets available now on TM.

Also some Gold Circle tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This thread is supposed to be discussing Gn'R's European tour but I see you are also discussing the Slane gig while simultaneously discussing the Slane gig in the Slane thread, nutty stuff.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

This thread is supposed to be discussing Gn'R's European tour but I see you are also discussing the Slane gig while simultaneously discussing the Slane gig in the Slane thread, nutty stuff.

would ya get a grip

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seve OB wrote: »
    would ya get a grip

No, you can't have two threads discussing the same gig, its not fair on other posters.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Slashs hat

Hi Everyone

I have 2 X GA tickets hard copy tickets for sale. I am in Fermoy, Co. Cork but can meet in most places.

Sure give me message
    Dara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I might be wrong...I'm sure someone on here can confirm...but to the best of my geographical knowledge Slane is in Europe and therefore part of the European tour as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I might be wrong...I'm sure someone on here can confirm...but to the best of my geographical knowledge Slane is in Europe and therefore part of the European tour as well.

Don't ask G'n'Rs tour marketers. They think it is in f'n Dublin. [slighly pissed off Meath Man]

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Don't ask G'n'Rs tour marketers. They think it is in f'n Dublin. [slighly pissed off Meath Man]

With the amount of Dubs living around it might as well be. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Seanachai

It's actually part of a separate medieval fiefdom as decreed by Malachy lysaght de Montgomerie III, it's laws are virtually identical to the rest of the island, except that soda bread of any kind is strictly outlawed and you can be keel-hauled for stepping on a frog after 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Rugby fans & Arsenal/Chelsea fans who have tickets to the gig, a rock and a hard place situation for them..
    for me it is but can record the sports and little if any signal down in Slane so won't get results...
    I see Dublin bus is €30 can you rock up on the day and buy tickets last time I could from their offices in O Connell Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Anyone have any idea how to sell 2 seated tickets for London? Or even where to start/anything to be wary of? I cant go now 😔

for me it is but can record the sports and little if any signal down in Slane so won't get results...
    I see Dublin bus is €30 can you rock up on the day and buy tickets last time I could from their offices in O Connell Street

Ticket sales close on Sunday. No tickets available on the day. If you get alternative transport take the M1 pink route. It'll get you into the village and you can watch the football in one of the pubs.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/News-Centre/General-News/Guns-N-Roses-at-Slane-Castle/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

some class puns there :D

I just hope they don't mess up the return journey again or their could be civil war...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I just hope they don't mess up the return journey again or their could be civil war...:D

It's a good job we don't have any serious motorway junctions here or they would run the risk of a Spaghetti Incident

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I know a few people were asking if people had got tickets yet for the London shows, my tickets for the gig arrived today from DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Xenji wrote: »
    I know a few people were asking if people had got tickets yet for the London shows, my tickets for the gig arrived today from DHL.
    Have been away from the house all day. Hopefully mine are on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know what specific times the Dublin Bus services to Slane run at between 12 and 5pm on the day of the concert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

I'm driving down
    Assume on the way there'll be fields being used for parking a couple of miles out of the village for a fee & there's no need to book anything?
    Never been to a Slane gig before.
    Thanks

Advertisement