Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

or rock legends like myself that refuse to buy tickets and then wait for all the saps that bought too many and then buy pit tickets cheaper than general tickets!!

"OMG gnr ...how retro....lets buy all the tickets within 1 minute of going on sale......OMG gnr are yucky i'm selling mine"

STFU, You're giving away our secrets!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭dadad231

Such great memories of the 1992 gig.
    I'm not so lucky to be there , but to all that go - have a BLAST!!!
    Post here how it was , photos etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

So it's happening! Didn't think my dad was gonna be fit for it but he is saying nothing is gonna stop him from going tomorrow:D feel sick with excitement for this!!! Gonna swing in late though, don't want him being too ****ed when they come on. Argh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

I'm kinda jealous I won't see them until June now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

92... A nice hot summers day... "arrgh an Irish summertime" axl said in an oirish accent...looking forward to tomorrow now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭dadad231

Welllllllllllll ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Wrecked, on the bus, both thighs f**ked from moshing and want a Chinese. The food, not the people.

Great gig btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Class gig. Legs like jelly, bed never felt so good - perks of leaving about 3 song before close - I imagine people are still stuck shuffling through Slane village.

If this is what it is to be getting old then I am ok with it.

Did they start on time?? How was axl is he doing well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

On time and about 3 stone heavier than the last YouTube video you saw of him. Pick any one.

Judging by the show and the tour, the only man capable of committing suicide by throwing himself off his wallet.

• Advertisement

qz wrote: »
    On time and about 3 stone heavier than the last YouTube video you saw of him. Pick any one.

Judging by the show and the tour, the only man capable of committing suicide by throwing himself off his wallet.
    I'm more interested in how he's singing, is he enjoying himself etc than if he's gained weight. The man is 55 he has to age some time and I think he looks great. Not meaning to be rude to you either.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Anyone else here still stuck bus park??

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Anyone else here still stuck bus park??

Yep could be a long wait too judging by the looks of it. Still at least there isn't a tanoy saying this is the red exit :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Stuck in a blue car park.

Class gig. Best song for me Sweet child o mine.

Slash was great.

Great tribute to Chris Cornell.

I am super happy only Don't Cry was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Greg81 wrote:

Greg81 wrote:

Greg81 wrote:
    Slash was great.

Greg81 wrote:

Who was playing the drums?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Very similar to when Kasabian bossed a past thier best Oasis, Royal Blood were class GnR very good but a passing of the torch. In transport related news an hour from concert end to a bus to Ashbourne then taxi home, happy days.

Very similar to when Kasabian bossed a past thier best Oasis, Royal Blood were class GnR very good but a passing of the torch. In transport related news an hour from concert end to a bus to Ashbourne then taxi home, happy days.

I thought gnr buried royal blood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

chicorytip wrote: »
    Who was playing the drums?

Frank Ferrer was on drums.

Great gig, Nightrain and You Could Be Mine were the highlights. Also, Duff had Prince's symbol on his bass - another nice tribute to a late artist.

PucaMama wrote: »
    I'm more interested in how he's singing, is he enjoying himself etc than if he's gained weight. The man is 55 he has to age some time and I think he looks great. Not meaning to be rude to you either.

I'm delighted to inform you I've never seen axl as happy as tonight. He really enjoyed it and gave it everything. He was beaming all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I thought gnr buried royal blood

Blew them away. Royal blood were very enjoyable but GnR were absolutely untouchable this evening. It was such an incredible show. Turning around and looking up at the crowd all going mad is something I won't forget

• Advertisement

PucaMama wrote: »

I'm delighted to inform you I've never seen axl as happy as tonight. He really enjoyed it and gave it everything. He was beaming all night.
    That's great 😠he's doing so well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭Allah snackbar

Great gig alright , lost the crowd a bit in the middle hour but great start and finish , the car overheated outside the car park so had to let it cool and let the traffic off �� I'm only back in bed now but worth it , 2 questions if anyone can answer , can anyone post song list of tonight and who were first warm up band I only caught the tail end of them but they seemed to be good , thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Pathetic, in fact worst gig I have ever been too. Was delighted I didn't pay for the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,965 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great gig alright , lost the crowd a bit in the middle hour but great start and finish , the car overheated outside the car park so had to let it cool and let the traffic off �� I'm only back in bed now but worth it , 2 questions if anyone can answer , can anyone post song list of tonight and who were first warm up band I only caught the tail end of them but they seemed to be good , thanks :-)

SET: It’s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin’ Jive, Better, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose, This I Love, Civil War, Black Hole Sun, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

ENCORE: Jam (Waiting On A Friend)/Patience, There Was A Time, The Seeker, Paradise City

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

who were first warm up band

It was "Otherkin" a band from Dublin http://www.otherkinok.com/

Pathetic, in fact worst gig I have ever been too. Was delighted I didn't pay for the tickets.

You'll have to explain that one

Greg81 wrote: »
    Stuck in a blue car park.

Slash was great.

I was stuck in blue for ages.. Then I noticed a clear path parallel with the queue driving out... And i literally just pulled out of the queue and drove out the gate... Thought it was too good to be true until I hot out on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I was stuck in blue for ages.. Then I noticed a clear path parallel with the queue driving out... And i literally just pulled out of the queue and drove out the gate... Thought it was too good to be true until I hot out on the road

Haha we did the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Personally I thought it was a superb gig. Leaving Dublin in the pouring rain I thought we were in for a long wet day. Forecasts are just that forecasts. But the day could not have gone better once we got to Slane.

Royal Blood were excellent support and I look forward to seeing them again in the 3 arena later this year.

GnR were outstanding and gave probably the best performance I have seen. I couldn't pick a standout moment and as I thought the whole show was fantastic.

People will always complain about Slane. I have gone six times, 81,82,86,87,92 and this year. There have always been issues getting in and out of a narrow country town and there always will be but it is a day out and no point in getting stressed out. I would go again but only for a band I really want to see.

2017 has been one of the best years for rock gigs in Ireland. Rock is not dead.

34902458816_4751cbeaa3_c.jpg

34778993392_50a51f087e_c.jpg

34902463136_6fbe0e5c8c_c.jpg[/url]

34778996632_a7aef3023a_c.jpg

34099714944_6396b41d54_c.jpg

34810736451_a85de43b7b_c.jpg

34902482686_7e65bf9aec_c.jpg[/url]

34779021142_6fde093717_c.jpg

34902489916_1d738d81a0_c.jpg

34555375320_2030e23dec_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Rednik I think I can see my husband and maybe myself in your first picture! We must've been very close to you! Great quality pics!

Advertisement