Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Anyone travelling alone to UK and wanna meet up?or is taht weird?Im be going solo

I haven't a clue about london and slane isnt for me but i have to gnr come hell or highwater.........

What hotels has anybody found?Was up late last night looking for hotels-Still not sure.........

Thanks for any help

Like the other poster I'm staying in the Kip(what a name for a hotel btw!) Hotel. Looks like it has decent reviews and is a stones throw from the station so its what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Buses go direct from Stansted to Stratford which would have you there in just over an hour, either way Stratford has plenty of under and overground links wherever your coming from could stay out elsewhere depends what you wanna do the main focus in Stratford is the big Westfields shopping centre and the Olympic park really. The Langthorne isn't a bad spot for sport/drink/grub if that's your thing in fact it's one of few options for a watering hole out there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

Do ye reckon tickets will be gone at 9:02 Friday. I really want to go, but funds are tight and I'm the only die-hard fan in my friends group, and before ye say it no we are not the much fabled midlanders who seem to get a bad rep for passing out at 2 p.m. in the day...Anyway I know this is the last time I will ever have the chance to see them play, so do ye reckon we can hold off for a bit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Buses go direct from Stansted to Stratford which would have you there in just over an hour, either way Stratford has plenty of under and overground links wherever your coming from could stay out elsewhere depends what you wanna do the main focus in Stratford is the big Westfields shopping centre and the Olympic park really. The Langthorne isn't a bad spot for sport/drink/grub if that's your thing in fact it's one of few options for a watering hole out there :D

Is the langthorne near the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

shadow7ml wrote: »
    Do ye reckon tickets will be gone at 9:02 Friday. I really want to go, but funds are tight and I'm the only die-hard fan in my friends group, and before ye say it no we are not the much fabled midlanders who seem to get a bad rep for passing out at 2 p.m. in the day...Anyway I know this is the last time I will ever have the chance to see them play, so do ye reckon we can hold off for a bit ?
    Is it slane you want? Might be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Late to this pre-sale etc. Wont have funds in bank till tomrrow, will Friday general sale by my only option then? Or there may be other pre-sale tickets still tomorrow? For Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

Yeah Slane sorry :) thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PucaMama wrote: »
    Is the langthorne near the venue

Yup 10 minute walk I'd say round the corner from the tube station too, If yer still thirsty after gig however I wouldn't expect it to be open, hop on the tube to elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love if Alter Bridge and Alice In Chains supported on the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would love if Alter Bridge and Alice In Chains supported on the tour

Here, here. The Cult would be great too. Gates open at 2.00 so heres hoping for a good days entertainment. As for local acts The Answer would be sweet, their new album is on constant repeat on my Spotify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

Layne wrote: »
    Here, here. The Cult would be great too. Gates open at 2.00 so heres hoping for a good days entertainment. As for local acts The Answer would be sweet, their new album is on constant repeat on my Spotify.

Given Axl's recent gigs for AC/DC, anyone fancy a longshot that Angus Young might turn up and play with them on a couple of tracks, across some of the gigs?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cobbean

I've got a presale code for Slane, only needed the one ticket so it should be good for 3 more tickets. There's a box to enter it when buying tickets on Ticketmaster. It's GNRD3SQZTT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

cobbean wrote: »
    I've got a presale code for Slane, only needed the one ticket so it should be good for 3 more tickets. There's a box to enter it when buying tickets on Ticketmaster. It's GNRD3SQZTT

Thanks so much, just used it and ordered 2 tickets so 1 left on that presale, very kind of ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Just bagged seated tickets for London! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Not going myself but for those going to the London gig, Stone free festival is on in the O2 that weekend (17&18) Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow have been announced as the 1st headliner.

Just like to say thanks for the heads up on Rainbow, I tried like a lot of people to get tickets last year to see the band with no luck. I got tickets for the 02 show this morning. Should be a hell of a weekend starting with Guns on the Friday ;););)

Rainbow are doing a small tour of the UK, these are the dates.

June 17 - London, UK - The O2 (Stone Free Festival)
    June 22 - Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena
    June 25 - Glasgow, Scotland - The SSE Hydro
    June 28 - Birmingham, UK - Genting Arena
    Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ritchie-blackmore-rainbow-announces-u-k-tour/#WQoYBkQYzUEEK9pL.99

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Sorry guys but if anyone has a pre order code with 2 tickets left on it and was willing to share it I'd be forever in your debt. I need to go to this I was only a child when they last played slane this will probably be my only hope. Please pm me.

....I need to go to this....

Why exactly do you "need" to go to this - is there something more than just wanting to attend the gig (like everyone else here) ?

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Why exactly do you "need" to go to this - is there something more than just wanting to attend the gig (like everyone else here) ?

OK let me rephrase that. I really really really want to go to this gig and would be extremely disappointed if I couldn't get tickets on general sale Friday.
    I am so so sorry for my use of the forbidden word "NEED".
    I know that's not much consolation but please for me try to get on with your day and forget this terrible incident ever happened.

OK let me rephrase that. I really really really want to go to this gig and would be extremely disappointed if I couldn't get tickets on general sale Friday.
    I am so so sorry for my use of the forbidden word "NEED".
    I know that's not much consolation but please for me try to get on with your day and forget this terrible incident ever happened.

LMAO :D:D:D

... don't worry, my day wasn't going to be influenced by your poor choice of words in your earlier post.

But you might ask yourself if perhaps I was genuinely concerned as to why you "needed" to go to this gig more than anyone else and if you really did need to go for some reason, if perhaps there was justification for asking the Mods and others on this thread to give you preference on requesting an early purchase code here etc.

Anyway, now that we've clarified that you don't actually need a ticket, you just want one...I hope you get a ticket along with everyone else tomorrow. :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Watching Its so easy and other lies and BBCs most dangerous band in the world docys for what seems like the 10th time again,praying i get a london ticket tomorrow........Ive scrapped the slane idea full stop at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I just can't justify blowing €150 on this when none of my friends seem interested. Might pick one up in the summer maybe, good luck getting tickets anyone whos trying!

garrettod wrote: »
    LMAO :D:D:D

... don't worry, my day wasn't going to be influenced by your poor choice of words in your earlier post.

But you might ask yourself if perhaps I was genuinely concerned as to why you "needed" to go to this gig more than anyone else and if you really did need to go for some reason, if perhaps there was justification for asking the Mods and others on this thread to give you preference on requesting an early purchase code here etc.

Anyway, now that we've clarified that you don't actually need a ticket, you just want one...I hope you get a ticket along with everyone else tomorrow. :)

Happy we cleared that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Thanks for the reports all. User banned. The thread may now resume without touting.

In future, though, please avoid quoting the offending message as it takes considerably longer to clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

One thing that definitely won't change for the gig is the setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Would like to hear "Don't Cry". They performed that as an encore in LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I hope not,loving what im seeing on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Thanks for the reports all. User banned. The thread may now resume without touting.

In future, though, please avoid quoting the offending message as it takes considerably longer to clean up.

If anybody wants to buy/sell tickets then you can do it here, rules in the OP

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71385332

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭hadepsx

What are the opinions of G&R. Are they any near as good as they used to be, same level etc. And of Mr.rose himself, has he cleaned up his act or will he storm off the stage after an hour and not return.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

hadepsx wrote: »
    What are the opinions of G&R. Are they any near as good as they used to be, same level etc. And of Mr.rose himself, has he cleaned up his act or will he storm off the stage after an hour and not return.

There won't be any worry of that as he's put a stop to them shenanigans. He came on stage early a few times during the US leg of the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

See you at Slane. Just secured 2 tickets.

ticketmaster website at the moment = welcome to the jungle

Advertisement