Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for asking a question

Options
  • 02-12-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I was banned for asking a question in AH. In the interests of transparency it seems my post has been removed :rolleyes: but apparently my question was "insensitive", even though it was in response to a topic the poster introduced to the thread themselves. If they are that sensitive to questions being asked, why would they introduce the topic to the thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi jamie,

In line with the process in the flowchart, can you confirm if you have first attempted to discuss this ban with the mod who banned you?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭jameorahiely

dudara wrote: »
    Hi jamie,

In line with the process in the flowchart, can you confirm if you have first attempted to discuss this ban with the mod who banned you?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for confirming. I'll ask a CMod to look into this for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I was banned for asking a question in AH. In the interests of transparency it seems my post has been removed :rolleyes: but apparently my question was "insensitive", even though it was in response to a topic the poster introduced to the thread themselves. If they are that sensitive to questions being asked, why would they introduce the topic to the thread?

Hello jameorahiely,

We can see deleted posts so no worries there.

Can you kindly post the PM conversation you had with the banning Mod and we can take it from there?

Thanks,

LEIN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Thanks for PMs, will review same and get back soon.

Posting here for transparency.
    Dear jameorahiely,

You have been banned from After Hours for one day for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Nicolas Cage

Moderator Note

p=101848251
    Disgusting comment

Your post:
    I know of this woman, she is well known in the locality. I would be the first person to call someone evil for killing a child, but that poor child was very very very unwell, severely disabled, was very distressed and I believe was suffering a lot with fits that we're getting worse, she needed constant round the clock care and was going to die.

That poor woman gave up her job/surgery to take of the child's absolutely don't agree with what she did but I can understand why she may have made that choice, based on pure despair. I know certainly when my dad was dying, although it broke my heart losing him, I found myself praying to god he would just die because watching someone you love in pain and discomfort and very distressed is awful and TBH I'm not surprised someone may act irrationally with what they perceive to be the best intention.

Why didn't you just smother him with a pillow or tamper with his meds?

It wasn't a comment it was a question. They claim to understand why the mother killed her child. I'm asking why didn't she take similar action with her father. A simple enough question.

No it wasn't. It was a horribly insensitive question. Nasty crap like this has no place on boards.ie.

In future, think before you post.

NC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭jameorahiely

To dispute the ban takes longer than the ban is for :rolleyes: What's the point in this process?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Apologies for putting you at such an inconvenience with our volunteer mods not being available to resolve this quick enough for you. I can help...

Ban upheld.

Consider yourself lucky that your ban has not been increased for being disingenuous in your appeal. You were not banned for asking a question. You were banned for suggesting that a poster should have murdered an invalided child parent.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement