Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help please

• 02-12-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all, I have just got into my possession a 17ft lake boat but before I put her on the water I could do with some advice.
    The transom to me seems spongy and moves in and out easily with a push.
    Is this normal, as I would have thought that all transoms would have been solid.
    Also the bung for the transom is on the inside, again I would have thought it should be on the outside.
    Any help or advice appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭niall_b73

Is there a way I can post pics on here, I am using a mobile phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You are right the transom should be solid to take an outboard.
    What make is it?
    The bung you see on the inside is probably for draining the buoyancy tank.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Yep sounds like your in a bit of trouble but everything is fixable :D

I use a photobucket app to upload photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭nokiatom

you haven't told us if it is wood or fiberglass. I wouldn't go anywhere in that boat till a qualified person had a good look at it. if the transom is spongy......what about the rest of the boat ????

Advertisement