Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix testing on Virgin media

• 02-12-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

Test channel 300. After a second the netflix screen loads. No idea about launch and i'd say there would be an extra charge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This on horizon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

It took about a minute before I got it. I had to accept the T&Cs of the Virgin Media App store first. Curious indeed!

Yes, on Horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I tried it and it seems to work fine. Used my own Netflix subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Weird that they didn't just add it to the apps section. Would be a big selling point of they could use it on multiroom boxes too.
    I'd say plenty of people that don't want another direct debit would happily add it to their Virgin bill.

And if they do sell it, it'll probably be €15 a month :)
    cue mass outcry on the talk to Virgin Meda section.

That's my 2017 predictions anyway.

Ok. Just clicked on it and my price predictions are nonsense.

Interesting that you can sign up for the ultra HD version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Just saw the app in the library, seems to be on par with the PS4 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Weird that they didn't just add it to the apps section. Would be a big selling point of they could use it on multiroom boxes too.
    I'd say plenty of people that don't want another direct debit would happily add it to their Virgin bill.

And if they do sell it, it'll probably be €15 a month :)
    cue mass outcry on the talk to Virgin Meda section.

That's my 2017 predictions anyway.

Ok. Just clicked on it and my price predictions are nonsense.

Interesting that you can sign up for the ultra HD version.

- Pricing is just normal Netflix pricing - ultra HD is part of this and has no other significance at present in relation to Virgin Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Used the app today. Seemed ok. Has the auto play next feature which my Wii doesn't. you can use the Horizon remote to pause etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Logged on with my Netflix userid, works fine though I prefer the Netflix menu system I get when accessing it via Apple TV.

I wonder if you were not a Netflix subscriber would you get billed as part of your VM billing or would you be signing up and get billed direct with Netflix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Billed directly from Netflix as it stands - I hope people are not just clicking on terms & conditions without reading them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I hope people are not just clicking on terms & conditions without reading them.

God no, sure no-one ever does that!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I presume this means Virgin has no confidence in its own boxsets service going forward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Will Cisco HD boxes get this or just Horizon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

pippip wrote: »
    I presume this means Virgin has no confidence in its own boxsets service going forward?

Its been well publicised that Liberty Global recently became 'friends' with Netflix after years of peering disagreements. I'd say the launch of Netflix has absolutely nothing to do with their current on demand offerings whatsoever as this is a worldwide thing with Netflix.

https://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/press-release/2016-09-14-Liberty-Global-Lights-Up-TV-Screens-with-Global-Netflix-Partnership-FINAL.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

From within the YouTube app on my Android phone, Horizon is now showing up as an option to cast to, . It didn't actually work though, it just flicked open the App menu on Horizon, and then almost crashed the Horizon box :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

mollser wrote: »
    From within the YouTube app on my Android phone, Horizon is now showing up as an option to cast to, . It didn't actually work though, it just flicked open the App menu on Horizon, and then almost crashed the Horizon box :rolleyes:

I'm getting the same and it's annoying the hell out of me. :mad: I keep selecting Horizon instead of Chromecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I have to say so far it is working well ..on channel 300 Horizon Box.

Picture Quality and reaction time is very good and GUI is way better than the Samsung Smart TV app.

Also tried the YouTube app..no setting that I can see to link to ones google account .but a nice feature is when viewing a program you can call up the app and it will offer YouTube vids based on that subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

If Netflix is paused for more than a few minutes it gets messed up.
    But then the Horizon box sets don't like being paused for long either so no change there I guess :)
    The only way to fix it is to plug the box out and in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bricks wrote: »
    If Netflix is paused for more than a few minutes it gets messed up.
    But then the Horizon box sets don't like being paused for long either so no change there I guess :)
    The only way to fix it is to plug the box out and in.

Did you get stuck on the landing page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

I cant get this to work, everything works fine until I hit play and it starts to load but only gets to 25% and stays there, I've rebooted my router and the horizon box but no difference anyone got any ideas

Advertisement