Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 just lay down and died

Options
  • 02-12-2016 7:19pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭

This afternoon, my iPhone 6 started requesting a sign-in to my apple account which I dutifully did. It then began crashing out of every app I tried to use, so in my infinite wisdom I switched it off with the intention of switching it back on again but it now appears to be completely bricked. I hold down the power button, the screen lights up white with the black apple silhouette, then goes back to dead black. Stuck it on the charger for a while just in case, no help.

Any suggestions as to what might have caused this, what I might do to sort it or whether I should just proceed to seek a repair/replacement through my insurance?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Can you put it in DFU mode and restore?

http://www.payetteforward.com/how-to-put-iphone-dfu-mode/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Similar happened to my sister and brothers iPhone 6 within a week of each other.
    Nothing worked, couldn't enter DFU mode or anything. Phones were just dead, no light nothing.

On both of them the battery was replaced by a local shop and they are fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Cork981

My 6s has the same problem and also qualifies.

Will I need to send it off to get the new battery or can I get it done in somewhere like compub ?

Advertisement