Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 7 | Sing Me A Song [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

did nobody watch to the end of my video up above?

... watch to the end... the very end...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Oodoov wrote:
    Jesus Negan is such a boring character. Completely ruined the show.

I think he's brilliant. I'd watch him all day long. Can't help it. I'm laughing at him one minute and holding my breath in horror the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Collie D wrote: »

What was the contraption with the walker up the tree? Can anyone explain the crossbow?

It's supposed to be a hunters stand place bait and climb tree to get clean shoot at whatever you are hunting, hence the crossbow. But looks more like a crows nest off a boat than a proper a proper stand

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/HIGH-SEAT-TREE-STAND-ROE-RED-MUNTJACK-FALLOW-STALKING-DEER-SHOOTING-HUNTING-/320931830212

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Also, anyone else think of Omar from The Wire when Michonne was walking down the road whistling?

She was definitely whistling Omar's signature tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

One of the worst seasons ever a big pile of crap and another silly episode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Brilliant episode.

Negan is a great character I absolutely despise the bastard yet I can't help but enjoy him as well at times , you can see the way he got people to follow him with his psychoticness mixed with charm. It's going to be really sweet when he eventually gets his comeuppance as I'm sure will happen to him.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan should be getting an Emmy it's a brilliant performance by him so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't know whether you are taking the p1ss with that Emmy comment, I assume you are though !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I enjoyed it..which isn't saying this considering this season has been the worst ever and on a par with the last few seasons in Dextor. Maybe they hired the same writers??

Negan: Carl sing me a song

Carl: ♬♪ We're on Easy Street ♬♪♪♫♫♫♫ and it feels so sweet ♪♪♪♪♬♪
    also if this doesn't get comment of the day I'll be gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I don't know whether you are taking the p1ss with that Emmy comment, I assume you are though !!

I think he's been brilliant.

He completely creeps me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

This episode was absolutely dreadful.

Things started off okay enough but nosedived when we got to Carl. What an utterly cringeworthy scene with him and the gun. This was so hokey, bad and unrealistic that I was convinced this was a dream sequence. I was convinced Enid was going to rollerskate in and hug Carl, placing his hat atop her head and proclaiming 'My hero!' and you know what, I'd have been fine with that. At least that would have been less insulting than Billy the Kid here killing 2 men without consequences.

And that brings us to my old pal, and our arch villain, Austin Tatious aka Negan aka prancing irritant. Man, was he absolutely insufferable in this episode and not in the good way - 'I can't wait until this guy gets his comeuppance' but in the bad way - 'people seriously find the acting involved here impressive?' This was the most OTT, poorly acted display of pseudo macho flamboyance that I've ever seen in an episodic TV show - and that's coming from a pro wrestling fan.

We then had a terrible wide camera pan featuring impaled walkers doing what can only be described as a wedding dance. At this point I knew this episode wasn't going to be a classic.

Then we find ourselves back with our villain - the guy who everyone seems to despise and fear but yet inexplicably tolerate - and he has brought Billy the Kid along with him. So having been told at the start of the season that the big bad guy doesn't tolerate terrible things being done to his men, we find that's a tad exaggerated as the guy who just offed two of his crew is now his wingman. And he actually called Carl a badass. Are we really sure this episode wasn't a dream sequence?

Our villain bullies a sweet young blonde woman and at this point it became clear what the writers plan was for this episode: people seem to be hating the current season and the focus on OTT new characters. Solution? We must convince these stubborn fans that our villain is a really scary bad guy! Then we have a kiss with the wife of Dwight, conveniently just before Dwight walked in! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! And apparently has super hearing. No wonder they tolerate him.

We then get a breather from the irritant and switch to a car ride featuring Gabriel and Spencer with some of the most awkward acting you'll see all season. Ho ho, and Gabriel said the word sh*t! Oh what a fun guy he now is! It was well worth bumping off Abraham to keep around this riveting character!

Then we return to Russell Bland aka Negan and he is now demanding Carl reveal his wound. He makes him cry. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! This was a wasted opportunity for a 'Socket to me' joke. But there's still time, I guess. A fat man comes in and brings our bad guy his bat, Lucille - the better actor of the pair. "A baseball bat doesn’t have a pussy" our villain declares. Oh, I dunno. I reckon your bat does. About a 6 foot one with a scarf...

Our villain then makes Carl sing a song, reducing him to tears as he swings the bat. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

Later things got worse as Carl seemed to take the abuse in good humour, and the recent brutal killing of his friends in his stride, shouting and issuing demands and even goading his captor. Again, are we really sure this wasn't a dream sequence? For this to be reality would make Carl the dumbest character on TV. He's become Catherine Tate basically. Bash my friend's head in? Mutilate people? Am I bovvered?

Just when you thought this episode couldn't get any more absurd we have our big baddie head to Rick's house where he begins to make a fat joke to a large woman. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! When even the character himself finds this beyond belief, you know the episode has jumped the shark, turned back, and somersaulted over it again.

And if that wasn't enough, we get him playing with the baby. Ooh, sinister! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

What were some of the dastardly scenes that didn't make the cut this week, I wonder? Perhaps we'll get these extras in the DVD release. The scene where he bashes a newly born puppy in the head, the scene where he bumps an old woman off her disability scooter, the scene where he knocks on a neighbour's door and when they answer...he isn't there! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

This was 75 minutes of utter trash. Woeful, OTT acting with absolutely no redeemable qualities whatsoever. One of the worst episodes they've ever done, and par for the course this season. I give it a generous 1.

I read this whole piece in a sarcastic "will from the inbetweeners voice" in my head, don't know why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Chandler Riggs is so lucky he got that role when he was a kid because there isnt a hope in hell if he auditioned for it now he would get it. He is painful to watch!

I can't blame the actor for the terrible forced character u-turn in the writing tbh!

I think he's been brilliant.

He completely creeps me out.

The only scene where I could garner proper emotive attention to was the scene with Amber. The rest were very cartoonish/comicky natured scenes where the whole scenarios prevent you taking the character that serious.

I'm not giving out as I knew what to be prepared for with Neagan's character and although JDM is portraying the character well to say is performance is emmy worthy is a hyperbolic reaction, in my opinion!

The Governer was a much more believable, interesting and layered character. There is just no element of shock with Neagan's playacting and ordering around anymore and the surrounding circumstances as to why he is still standing in a world of anarchy requires you to really throw reality out the window!

noodler wrote: »
    Chandler Riggs is so lucky he got that role when he was a kid because there isnt a hope in hell if he auditioned for it now he would get it. He is painful to watch!

I can't blame the actor for the terrible forced character u-turn in the writing tbh!

You can blame him for his acting though! He is near robotic at the best of times!! He has no ability to use facial expressions to act and has a very expressionless face.
    But yes the character's recent trajectory isn't helping.

Or his hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Del2005 wrote: »
    What was the contraption with the walker up the tree? Can anyone explain the crossbow?
    It's supposed to be a hunters stand place bait and climb tree to get clean shoot at whatever you are hunting, hence the crossbow. But looks more like a crows nest off a boat than a proper a proper stand

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/HIGH-SEAT-TREE-STAND-ROE-RED-MUNTJACK-FALLOW-STALKING-DEER-SHOOTING-HUNTING-/320931830212

It was more of a hang-on type temporary/portable hunting high seat, something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/OlMan-Outdoors-Roost-SafeLink-Safety/dp/B00DMQOXY8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1481015378&sr=8-5&keywords=hang+on+hunting+high+seat

The bow was a hunting compound longbow like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Camouflage-Archery-Hunting-Compound-Crossbow/dp/B0192RVEZ6/ref=sr_1_9?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1481015443&sr=1-9&keywords=hunting+bow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

"I'm never watching the show again...unitl next week" :pac:
    Brilliant episode.

Negan is a great character I absolutely despise the bastard yet I can't help but enjoy him as well at times , you can see the way he got people to follow him with his psychoticness mixed with charm. It's going to be really sweet when he eventually gets his comeuppance as I'm sure will happen to him.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan should be getting an Emmy it's a brilliant performance by him so far.

You need to try harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Trailer for Episode 8 spoiler:
    Rick looked pretty distraught in the trailer for next week, hopefully Carl got lucilled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Monife wrote: »
    Rick looked pretty distraught in the trailer for next week, hopefully Carl got lucilled!

Knowing Carl,he probably wandered off before anything happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Gotta say I'm getting to the stage where I really don't care what happens anymore. It really is gone very poor and I'm getting to a stage where I don't care if I miss an episode or not. Pity cause it had so much potential....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

The actual zombies have long since become an irrelevance ......the last real meaningful zombie scene was the herd attacking the farm ......they should introduce an intelligent form of zombie maybe even some who can talk, remember in the film I am Legend they set a trap for Will Smiths character......something like that would spice things up big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭wally79

Terrible.

Probably been said but ffs Carl goes on a revenge suicide mission rampage, kills two guys and then doesn't pull the trigger when the man who killed his friends shows up. Did he suddenly decide he liked his face or something?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 JeffL1

It's moving way too slow for my liking. Negan is the only enjoyable part of it these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

"I'm never watching the show again...unitl next week" :pac:
    This whole "delving into the minds" of the characters stuff is depressing. It's actually exposing how poor most of the actors are on the show. The Carl character has become a farce and if they bring one more group into the equation i think i'll give in on it altogether. To kill off characters the ilk of Hershel, Shane, Governer etc.. and replace them with Negan, the idiot with the tiger and the group of women from last week is laughable. I'd almost rather watch fair city at this point, almost.

JeffL1 wrote: »
    It's moving way too slow for my liking. Negan is the only enjoyable part of it these days.

The thing is, I imagine they had problems in pre-production devising some sort of plot pace where we would get the usual "epic" mid season finale.

Oodoov wrote: »
    This whole "delving into the minds" of the characters stuff is depressing. It's actually exposing how poor most of the actors are on the show. The Carl character has become a farce and if they bring one more group into the equation i think i'll give in on it altogether. To kill off characters the ilk of Hershel, Shane, Governer etc.. and replace them with Negan, the idiot with the tiger and the group of women from last week is laughable. I'd almost rather watch fair city at this point, almost.

I love these quotes!

mrs-doyle-2.png

I am only joking....kind of!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

What I love about Negan as a villain is there is no rule or rationale for his actions. Like a bomb with no timer, you know it's going to go off but not not entirely sure when or under what circumstances.

Thats what keeps people fearful I guess. He only needs to go off every once in a while but when he does, take cover!

He reminds me of Amon Goeth in Schindlers List. An utter psycho that had no rules or rationale for punishment and that is what the people feared the most (as spoken by his housekeeper to Oscar at the party)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

What I love about Negan as a villain is there is no rule or rationale for his actions. Like a bomb with no timer, you know it's going to go off but not not entirely sure when or under what circumstances.

Thats what keeps people fearful I guess. He only needs to go off every once in a while but when he does, take cover!

He reminds me of Amon Goeth in Schindlers List. An utter psycho that had no rules or rationale for punishment and that is what the people feared the most (as spoken by his housekeeper to Oscar at the party)

I can see what you're saying to an extent, but he clearly has rules and a direct punishment for violating these rules, as was shown last night.

Once one of his wives go messing around with their ex, then the ex gets the iron. I'm sure there would be other rules The Saviours know of which bring about a known punishment.

With Carl though, the idea of "take of your eye patch, because you shot two of my men" or "sing me a song, because you shot two of my men" does seem irrational.

I liked the episode, Carl's visit to The Sanctuary was one of my favourite parts of the comics. I'm still not convinced by JDM as Negan, he's far too thin and looks ill rather than physically intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I'd say Negan takes Judith with him

I'd say Negan takes Judith with him
    I very much doubt that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

It is a bit too much of a stretch why one of his men doesn't off him. He treats them all like crap, takes their women etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

Shane St. wrote: »
    It is a bit too much of a stretch why one of his men doesn't off him. He treats them all like crap, takes their women etc.

Its probably due to the fear of repercussions that his loyalists would do. Its like taking out Hitler and then facing the consequences form his brainwashed lieutenants.

Advertisement