Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 7 | Sing Me A Song [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Needed more Jesus. Did he slip the note to Daryl and leave a clear exit for him.

I have to see the season out but my interest has waned considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Needed more Jesus. Did he slip the note to Daryl and leave a clear exit for him.

I have to see the season out but my interest has waned considerably.

OF COURSE!!!
    I assumed it was Dwight.

It was Defo Jesus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I thouht it was dwights/negans missus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Some cool facts here!

I love the Breaking Bad one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Shane St. wrote: »
    It is a bit too much of a stretch why one of his men doesn't off him. He treats them all like crap, takes their women etc.

Its a primal thing, likes apes.

He is the silverback, its not that much of a leap to me especially when they give you little snippets of his men talking to each other about how bad it was before he came etc.

There will come a tipping point, we are human not ape. Its not actually that hard to imagine though if you really think about the world they inhabit.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Shane St. wrote: »
    It is a bit too much of a stretch why one of his men doesn't off him. He treats them all like crap, takes their women etc.

You could say the same for any number of real life dictators over the years.Nothing that far fetched about it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Mrs Sleepy has started referring to the show as "the walking plebs"... the writing is just gone to the dogs. Carl had about 50 good opportunities to kill Negan in this episode and didn't take any of them.

I'm at the point where I'm not sure who's death I'm looking forward to more: Negan's or Rick's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

if it was jesus slipping the note it was terrible sound design. big stomping combat boots doesn't really match the fact he's a silent ninja the rest of the time

if it was jesus slipping the note it was terrible sound design. big stomping combat boots doesn't really match the fact he's a silent ninja the rest of the time

Jesus appears to us in many different forms...............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Monife wrote: »
    Trailer for Episode 8 spoiler:
    Rick looked pretty distraught in the trailer for next week, hopefully Carl got lucilled!

Not only that, but
    Negan also looked like he was spattered with blood as he walked away...I wonder did someone else get a kiss from Lucille?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hope he kills the baby ....Really piss people off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Negan makes The Governor look like Liam Neeson in Taken. This stupid leaning backward stance. From the back he looks like a leather jacket on a coat hanger. When he turns side-on to the camera he goes invisible. Ryan Tubridy has a higher body fat ratio.........and more menace. And this idiotic rubbish that comes out of his mouth..........dear gawwd!

And Carl! How do you go from shooting your mother and growing up a reasonable badass, who hitches a ride into the lions den to kill the lion personally, to turning into the biggest pussy in the world in 2 minutes flat. Surely the thinking on this is he will lull Negan into believing he'll be his protege and then stab him in the face when he least expects it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its something to do with the last role he had isn't it? He had to lose a load of weight and hasn't bulked back up properly yet

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

empacher wrote: »
    I thouht it was dwights/negans missus

Was thinking it was a test myself. Just before this scene didn't negan talk to carl about how Daryl thought he was still holding on to some bit of rebelling inclinations. I thought the key was passed under the door to see if he was ready (still run at the first chance).

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Enjoyed it for first time in a while. Really enjoyed negan, he's a complete bastard who you are meant to hate but is quite humorous too.

Though the show probably won't move on till someone offs him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

So sick of Negan, the rolling back on his heels the whole time is very tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is horribly miscast as Negan imho.

I haven't read the comics so not sure what Negan is supposed to look like but I'm sure it's not a gurning eejit whose jeans are falling off.

You can kinda see what he's going for (darkly comic and menacing) but he's falling waaaaaay short.

Hard to see where this show is going tbh....like others here it seems I'm just watching it out of habit now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Not only that, but
    Negan also looked like he was spattered with blood as he walked away...I wonder did someone else get a kiss from Lucille?

Hopefully
    its Rosita, getting on my nerves now with her one bullet crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I must be the only one that actually really likes JDM as Negan. I haven't read the comics though but I enjoy episodes where he is featured. Can't wait for his comeuppance though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I couldn't imagine anyone else playing negan and I never read the comics. It may be a bit jarring seeing someone with some self awareness after having all of these ****ing morons unable to see the consequences of any action past the end of their nose.

• Advertisement

I couldn't imagine anyone else playing negan and I never read the comics. It may be a bit jarring seeing someone with some self awareness after having all of these ****ing morons unable to see the consequences of any action past the end of their nose.

Henry Rollins, John Hamm, or focusing more on the comic character, people that dond read same may not understand this suggestion but Vinnie Jones would have been a good choice.

Kevin Durrand maybe also

All 4 could pull off his extrovertness and power wielding persona. And they fit the physique also.

This is comic book Neagan

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvCpVx6XQZWlBBItQ4NnPiP5XoGL_fx4Uuo7zEqHN3LQIOkYy_JQ

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I love Negan and I love JD Morgan's take on him... OTT and one crazy sick f***er!

The slow pace of the series is starting to get to me. If AMC had commissioned four episodes less in Season 7, we'd get the same story without any filler. Less is more!

It's the mid-season finale next week, so I am expecting the unexpected for the cliff-hanger, but the series would need to step-up the excitement level a bit as it's dragging along at the mo.

Carl still needs to cut his damn hair! I just can picture him as a tough guy on a Rambo mission with those girly curls. (Apologies to any Rambo types out there with long hair!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I've enjoyed Negan. He thinks he's a god. There is a huge amount of religious imagery in Walking Dead. I'd say he is going to take Carls hand in the next episode. He did warn Rick.

Fr Gabriels developent has been subtle but very excellently handled. Becoming one of my favourite characters alongside Eugene, Michonne, Darryl, Sasha, Morgan and Carol. And Jesus to a certain degree. Dwight has good potential also.

Not a fan of Spencer, Carl or Maggie. Enid maybe also.

The rest are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

This is comic book Neagan

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvCpVx6XQZWlBBItQ4NnPiP5XoGL_fx4Uuo7zEqHN3LQIOkYy_JQ

He reminds me of Johnny Dexter from Roy of the Rovers. Now he was a hard man.

Subacio wrote: »
    He reminds me of Johnny Dexter from Roy of the Rovers. Now he was a hard man.

Ha!!

JDexter87.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Henry Rollins, John Hamm, or focusing more on the comic character, people that dond read same may not understand this suggestion but Vinnie Jones would have been a good choice.

Kevin Durrand maybe also

All 4 could pull off his extrovertness and power wielding persona. And they fit the physique also.

Micheal Rooker would have been a good fit for Negan, what a plot twist that would have been to bring him back......would have ****ed up Daryl's head no end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

wally79 wrote: »
    Terrible.

Probably been said but ffs Carl goes on a revenge suicide mission rampage, kills two guys and then doesn't pull the trigger when the man who killed his friends shows up. Did he suddenly decide he liked his face or something?
    Comic below:
    Carl really suffers in this episode from his age. At this stage in the comic he's about 10: old enough to decide to go on a revenge mission against Negan but young enough to completely bottle it once he's disarmed, and young enough to be a source of amusement to Negan who presumably hopes to raise him to be loyal. TV Carl is too old for any of this, IMO, and would come under the 'legitimate threat' banner. Though maybe Negan hopes to win him over with booze, drugs, and sex. He's probably at the right age for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought this was a pretty good episode and a huge improvement on the previous one...and I also really buy into JDM as Negan, think he's doing a fantastic job. I stopped reading the comics when Negan came into it and around the time of this episode (co-incidence, not a reaction to the character or story arc) so from here out, the TV show does get pretty interesting for me in a way it didn't previously.

Advertisement