Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Policy on Power Cuts

Options
  • 02-12-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

What is the Policy on power cuts.

Today i noticed ESB vehicles in my area, tonight the same area has a unscheduled prolonged powercut.  Not coincidence im sure!

The Power went out at 5pm, in the middle of cooking Dinner, 3 hours later the power was still not restored and the meal was ruined so I had to go out and not only buy a meal for the family but also Coal for the Fire as i cant use the Electric powered oil burner.

Currently i am out of pocket for about €100.

Are the ESB responsible?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

redunited wrote: »

Today i noticed ESB vehicles in my area, tonight the same area has a unscheduled prolonged powercut.  Not coincidence im sure!

The Power went out at 5pm, in the middle of cooking Dinner, 3 hours later the power was still not restored and the meal was ruined so I had to go out and not only buy a meal for the family but also Coal for the Fire as i cant use the Electric powered oil burner.

Are the ESB responsible?

Thanks.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

redunited wrote: »

Are the ESB responsible?

Thanks.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi redunited,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The people to contact regarding this query would be ESB Networks.

If an outage were scheduled in the area, residents would have been notified by ESB Networks, in writing, ahead of the disruption. Should you experience an unscheduled power outage we would recommend contacting ESB Networks directly on 1850 372 999, and the line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

They also have a Powercheck app that provides real-time updates.

Further contact information for ESB Networks can be found online here.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement