Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plus size bridemaid dresses

• 02-12-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, one of my bridemaids is plus size, she would be a size 24-26. I am looking for shops that cater for her, that will have sample sizes in her size to try on. Although most shops you can order bigger sizes I have only been able to find one shop that has big sample sizes. Does anyone know of any shops we could try them on? We are located in Dublin but will travel. Thank you

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

http://www.rubenbridal.ie/index.html these guys are really good. I bought my wedding dress there (size 20) and as far as I know they'll do all sizes up to a 34 or so. I'm not sure what sizes their bridesmaids samples are, but give them a shout, I found them very helpful when I rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lbhs2310play

Thanks Toots. I tried there and didn't really like the dress they had and am really struggling to find anywhere else that has bigger sample sizes.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What sort of style are you looking for? I was going to suggest Debenhams, but as far as I know they don't go bigger than a size 22.

Belladonna in Galway go up to size 32, but it doesn't say on their site if they also sell bridesmaids things.

There's also a place called Curvy Chic Bridal in Belfast that does plus size bridesmaids dresses, but their website says from size 16 to 44, so if the rest of your bridesmaids are under a 16 I'm not sure would they do a dress to suit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Asos also sell plus size bridesmaid dresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lbhs2310play

No sure, I am open to whatever suits the girls. Will probably do mix and match. Just would really like them both to try on dresses and not trying to guess what might suit.

Hmm, does your friend have any other dresses that she feels comfortable in? If so, what kind of style are they? Would you be open to getting the dresses made as opposed to buying off the rack, or would that be over budget?

Advertisement