Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another Dublin shooting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Comparing Dublin to Limerick? Bear in mind, the Kinehan cartel is supposedly one of the biggest in the world - a million miles away from low level Keanes or Dundons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

Armed Garda audi jeep outside Roma in Clondalkin Village earlier. Lads inside following a definite line of enquiry I assume :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

tang1 wrote: »
    Poor old Duckegg.

Heard he got fried alright

Just a few hundred yards from the Garda station.

Hands up who's friends with Gerry Hutch?
    Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Why comment then? We had gangland issues. They are sorted now. Dublin needs to learn from Limerick before it further descends into chaos.

That's nice. So whats the wisdom direct from Shannonside? How can "Dublin" (Dublin City Council??) learn from "Limerick"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Goodshape wrote: »
    Living in Dublin city centre for most of ten years, I haven't witnessed anything more violent than a heated conversation on the streets, or heard much by the way of first hand accounts.

Living in a small country town in Donegal I knew someone personally who was beaten to death after a night out, an uncle (different person) beaten to a pulp for standing in the wrong place, someone else run over (purposefully) with a car a couple times, and countless other incidents of scumbags looking for (and finding) a scrap on a night out. And no-one considers that lovely quaint little town to be a troubled spot.

I feel much safer walking around Dublin.

I'm a Dub who spent nearly three years living in a large enough regional town and this is exactly my experience. The lads from the next town over would come for a night out and there would be utter carnage, including one death of a guy who was hit by a car trying to escape a beating. Yes Dublin has its problems like any city on earth but for the man on the street it's a safe city.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

One would have to ask were is the Republican movement in support of all these murders?? Provos Reals INLA they appear to be afraid

Joe Hill wrote: »
    One would have to ask were is the Republican movement in support of all these murders?? Provos Reals INLA they appear to be afraid

So they should be.
    They made their beds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

"Republicans" don't have a problem with drug dealers as long as they get to "tax" them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Why comment then? We had gangland issues. They are sorted now. Dublin needs to learn from Limerick before it further descends into chaos.

Limerick city also has a population of a Dublin suburb. Not that best comparison at all. Gangs are competing for a much larger and lucrative drug market in Dublin. There is more to gain from Dublin

FYI Limerick still has a serious crime rate higher than Dublin. So what exactly has Dublin to learn from Limerick? You haven't dealt with your crime at all, Dublin is just in the news more...

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/irelands-violent-crime-capitals-reveal-5245071

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

newacc2015 wrote: »

Limerick city also has a population of a Dublin suburb. Not that best comparison at all. Gangs are competing for a much larger and lucrative drug market in Dublin. There is more to gain from Dublin

FYI Limerick still has a serious crime rate higher than Dublin. So what exactly has Dublin to learn from Limerick? You haven't dealt with your crime at all, Dublin is just in the news more...

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/irelands-violent-crime-capitals-reveal-5245071
    I wouldn't put an animal in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

limk city center looses out to dublin in one other thing, they do not have the same assortment of colourfull wildlife that can be seen on dublins city center

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Comparing Dublin to Limerick? Bear in mind, the Kinehan cartel is supposedly one of the biggest in the world - a million miles away from low level Keanes or Dundons.
     I know you meant in relative terms, and i do not mean to belittle how much of a scumbag gang the Kinahans are, but they do not even make the top 100 in the World. Which is quite depressing. I am not sure they even make they next 50.
    That aside, i wish the media would stop calling it a 'feud'. At this stage it is surely a massacre?
    Had Duck Egg planned to hook up with GH for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Larry SR

You do realise the groups you mentioned have either disbanded, decommissioned or committed themselves to peaceful means?

I have no idea why one would need to ask them any questions.

Larry SR wrote: »
    You do realise the groups you mentioned have either disbanded, decommissioned or committed themselves to peaceful means?

This is not fact for any of these groups

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

?
    :confused:
    Admittedly, i went to correct you but then realised i might be taking bait.

This is not fact for any of these groups

It's not fact that the Provisional IRA for example, have decommissioned, through their political representatives supported the GFA and all that entails and since 2005 stood down their structures?

The Provos are a part of history and anyone who thinks they are involved in Dublin's gangland is deluded.

It's not fact that the Provisional IRA for example, have decommissioned, through their political representatives supported the GFA and all that entails and since 2005 stood down their structures?

The Provos are a part of history and anyone who thinks they are involved in Dublin's gangland is deluded.

Are you having a laugh.
    The provos are involved in some shape or form of what is going on.
    Probably not with the provo hat on but senior provos are involved in racketeering etc etc etc

I'm not having a laugh - I'm stating the facts.

I've also read of no evidence or opinions from any Gardai that anyone connected to provisional republicanism is involved in this latest feud but if you know differently please provide any links, references etc as I would be interested in reading them.

I'm not having a laugh - I'm stating the facts.

I've also read of no evidence or opinions from any Gardai that anyone connected to provisional republicanism is involved in this latest feud but if you know differently please provide any links, references etc as I would be interested in reading them.

The sacred good Friday agreement would be tarnished if the garda were to state same.
    Nothing gets done in this city at that level without the ok from those lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Are you having a laugh.
    Probably not with the provo hat on but senior provos are involved in racketeering etc etc etc

Are you saying that the provos are involved in the Feud?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The sacred good Friday agreement would be tarnished if the garda were to state same.

lol

"And they say that all the Cats whose wicked deeds are widely known
    (I might mention Mungojerrie, I might mention Griddlebone)
    Are nothing more than agents for the Cat who all the time
    Just controls their operations: the Napoleon of Crime!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

I see the rags and the media have done there work rightly on you lol. This post is an example of how they have shaped the brains of this country. I can only LOL when reading such nonsense!!

Are you saying that the provos are involved in the Feud?

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/ira-and-inla-at-war-on-capitals-streets-34870744.html

All lies yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jim Cusack yeah?

Yeah, all lies.

Of course Jim is even wrong about the INLA being an offshot of the IRA. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Are you having a laugh.

Mostly the dissident Republicans that are involved in these turf killings. Those guys view Gerry Adams and all who participated in the Friday Agreement as traitors. You can't link them back to the provos who are firmly involved in constitutional politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bambi wrote: »
    Jim Cusack yeah?

Yeah, all lies.

Of course Jim is even wrong about the INLA being an offshot of the IRA. :)

No, he's not. The INLA was founded by Seamus Costello and others from the IRA following disagreements over Cathal Goulding's leadership strategy. It's the very definition of an offshoot/splinter organisation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

Isn't it ironic a link gets posted from.a media rag to try and back up silly cliams lol. You couldn't make it up lil

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Mostly the dissident Republicans that are involved in these turf killings. Those guys view Gerry Adams and all who participated in the Friday Agreement as traitors. You can't link them back to the provos who are firmly involved in constitutional politics.

Not all provos are tied into constitutional politics.

• Advertisement

mcneil wrote: »
    Isn't it ironic a link gets posted from.a media rag to try and back up silly cliams lol. You couldn't make it up lil

What's silly is that you don't think the provos are in anyway shape or form involved in the feud.
    Maybe if the OC is taken out you might reconsider.

Advertisement