Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will it make a difference?

• 02-12-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

I am having a difficult home life at the min which my lecturer knows about about. I have attended counsselling in college and have a letter to say that I am struggling with studies as a result. I intend to sit my exams but wondering if I handed in the letter would it make a difference to my results ie is it possible they mark me less harder due to my situation? Any advice or experiences let me know cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sneakysnake007

Perhaps try and defer your exams if you're circumstances have left you in a position unfit to take them? Not sure if they will mark you "easier". Maybe if you were on the borderline for passing they would take it into consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I am having a difficult home life at the min which my lecturer knows about about. I have attended counsselling in college and have a letter to say that I am struggling with studies as a result. I intend to sit my exams but wondering if I handed in the letter would it make a difference to my results ie is it possible they mark me less harder due to my situation? Any advice or experiences let me know cheers
    If you have attended counselling then you are on the right path. you have talked to your lecturers/course director/head of year.
    Don't worry so much about anything more about this and focus as much as you can about the exams.
    I don't do well in exams, anxiety issues. My lecturers didn't make them any easier than others but understood that I wasn't able to show my best self in terms of the paper and took this into account. They wont mark you less than others but will help you where they can.

Advertisement