Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WP- want gallery images to include link to Shop page for image

• 02-12-2016 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    In my gallery page I want to have a nice, simple linking button (or similar) that'll bring users to that image on the Shop page. I've looked through many Woo commerce WP themes and they show galleries but I can't see any with a link for each image to the image in the shop page.

Anyone able to help please? I'm guessing there's loads of Woo Commerce (or other) plugins or themes that do that but I can't find them.

I know I could add code for a button and text manually to each image but I'm looking for a more user friendly/easier option.

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

How are images added to the gallery page? Got a link?

If they are pulled from products then you could make them link to the product page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

daymobrew wrote: »
    How are images added to the gallery page? Got a link?

If they are pulled from products then you could make them link to the product page.

Hi,
    I haven't picked a WP theme yet, am looking into stiff like this before I buy a theme.
    It's a photo website aimed at selling but I don't want a straight up store theme as price is very prominent in those.rhats why I want an easy link from gallery to the image in the store. It' san easy step for someone of they're interested in buying a photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

dinneenp wrote: »
    It's a photo website aimed at selling but I don't want a straight up store theme as price is very prominent in those.
    You can remove the price. You can change the "Add to Cart" or "Select Options" button text. You might need to know some PHP programming to achieve this.

Advertisement