Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwegian Air Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Evelop A330 will be operating it from Sunday until 30June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭ratracer

Shn99 wrote: »

On which route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

ratracer wrote: »
    On which route?

Dublin-Newburgh

Dublin-Newburgh

Thanks!

Given your username, any word on flights ex SNN after Apr 10?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

ratracer wrote: »
    Thanks!

Given your username, any word on flights ex SNN after Apr 10?

I’m going to guess that the fact they’re hiring in an a330 to operate for them from Dublin mean they’ll continue to bus the SNN/ORK pax onto the a330 flight ex Dublin until further notice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Doylers wrote: »
    They have confirmed to me that an NG will service Toronto on the 1st. However they keep saying from the 2nd onwards everything is to be cancelled. I've reports of people booked in April that their flight dates are being moved either forward or back by 1.

Edit:

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9239673-norwegian-air-finds-plane-for-hamilton-to-dublin-route/

Just putting this out there, I'm booked for later this week and my flight wasn't moved. First one to YHM is today at 2:40 pm.

I'm fully expecting my flight to be cancelled or moved, to the point where I'm probably going to rebook with Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Nope, Dreamliner today, I'm sitting on it!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Nope, Dreamliner today, I'm sitting on it!

Dublin-Stewart or DUB PVD?

Limpy wrote: »
    Dublin-Stewart or DUB PVD?

Stewart, I don’t think norwegian flight has gone to PVD since the grounding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Apparently the Evelop A333 is 388 seats, economy only. Its 2-4-2 at least though so probably an improvement from the 3-3-3 in the Dreamliner

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Next Tuesday 2/4 FJY (NG) operates the D81823 Dub-Pvd

mikel97 wrote: »
    Next Tuesday 2/4 FJY (NG) operates the D81823 Dub-Pvd

Is that plane doing the DUB - Hamilton route also. IIRC it said the Dub-Hamilton route would operate it 4 times a week and the Dublin -PVD 3 times.

I got an email this evening telling me my return flight from Stewart to Shannon was now going to be Stewart to Dublin, on 27/4.
    I phoned up CS to check on the outbound leg ( SNN- PVD), they told me it hadn’t been changed anc was still as scheduled.
    As one of my flights had been changed, I was able to cancel my flights, with full refund back to my card within 7 days. I’ve had two phone calls to Norwegian CS in the last week, and both times found them to be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Bjorn Kjos looks like he recently joined Twitter for anyone interested

https://twitter.com/bjornkjos/status/1112636217668104194

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Apparently the Evelop A333 is 388 seats, economy only. Its 2-4-2 at least though so probably an improvement from the 3-3-3 in the Dreamliner

Looks like the Dreamliner has departed for LGW, so I guess the A330 will be in place today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭horse7

Has anyone been on the new route Dublin to Hamilton,?

horse7 wrote: »
    Has anyone been on the new route Dublin to Hamilton,?

I'll be on it very shortly. I actually live in Hamilton.

Thanks, could you do a little review of the trip please,we have been several times, but via Pearson airport and bus to Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stephentracey

Just checking if anybody else had any updates from Norwegian on flying dub- pvd after april 11th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭wandererz

Just checking if anybody else had any updates from Norwegian on flying dub- pvd after april 11th

I received an email today of a 1 day change on the return flight from PVD. From 08 May to 09 May.

Called up & they checked if they could get us back to the 8th but no flights. Then offered a free night's hotel - i said no to that.

Then offered to fly us back from Stewart instead. I declined that.
    So they had no option but to cancel the flights & refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

wandererz wrote: »
    I received an email today of a 1 day change on the return flight from PVD. From 08 May to 09 May.

Called up & they checked if they could get us back to the 8th but no flights. Then offered a free night's hotel - i said no to that.

Then offered to fly us back from Stewart instead. I declined that.
    So they had no option but to cancel the flights & refund.

How does the free hotel work, is it in Prividence or Boston or will they cover you staying an extra night where you are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭wandererz

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    How does the free hotel work, is it in Prividence or Boston or will they cover you staying an extra night where you are?

Sorry, didn't ask.
    I wanted the refund anyway as it was a non refundable ticket & one of our party cannot fly.

Is that plane doing the DUB - Hamilton route also. IIRC it said the Dub-Hamilton route would operate it 4 times a week and the Dublin -PVD 3 times.

Just to confirm the same plane was used today from DUB-PVD. They will be taking turns as Norwegian seem to have put a new roster for the Dublin flights alternating the plane between Dub-Pvd and Dub-Yhm.

What will happens the few remaining flights to PVD that are scheduled for the same day as Hamilton? Merge with Stewart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,249 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

What will happens the few remaining flights to PVD that are scheduled for the same day as Hamilton? Merge with Stewart?

Perhaps they will move as many as they can onto the other flights, such as above where the flight date was changed from the 8th of may to the 9th of may.

I was never Norwegians biggest supporter but I feel for them with this issue, and personally think they're making a fairly good effort at rectification. Information a bit lacking perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭john boye

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I was never Norwegians biggest supporter but I feel for them with this issue, and personally think they're making a fairly good effort at rectification. Information a bit lacking perhaps

Agree completely. Not a fan of their TATL ops but they've been dreadfully unlucky with the max grounding (and also the B787 engine troubles) and seem to be doing their best to get through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Flights to and from Dublin-New York have dropped from $650 for April, May and June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

$198 one way this weekend with suitcase, Aer Lingus 4 x times the price.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

theguzman wrote: »
    $198 one way this weekend with suitcase, Aer Lingus 4 x times the price.
    I’m sure they lost a lot of bookings with ppl applying for refunds, this is a good way to try get them back or attract new customers.

Chances are that some NAX passengers rebooked on EI and drove up the price.
    .....or maybe EI did it themselves to make a quick buck..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just booked on luftanasa for May Bank Holiday weekend (and some padding either side) for 350, now I see it here for 240. Damn it. Ah well, I'll make the most of the bags I guess.

Tenger wrote: »
    I’m sure they lost a lot of bookings with ppl applying for refunds, this is a good way to try get them back or attract new customers.

Chances are that some NAX passengers rebooked on EI and drove up the price.
    .....or maybe EI did it themselves to make a quick buck..........

Everyone with Shannon and Cork to PVD flights were transfered to the Dublin Providence flight (without notification email). Lots of people cancelled.

It does seem they are ironing out there new roster, with the Hamilton flight swooping with the PVD every other day.

They are selling 2 x800 planes rather then sending then to Shannon /Cork. The Shannon to Boston aerlingus flight resumes soon so maybe that will be the only flight for the Forseeble future there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭kub

Everyone with Shannon and Cork to PVD flights were transfered to the Dublin Providence flight (without notification email). Lots of people cancelled.

It does seem they are ironing out there new roster, with the Hamilton flight swooping with the PVD every other day.

They are selling 2 x800 planes rather then sending then to Shannon /Cork. The Shannon to Boston aerlingus flight resumes soon so maybe that will be the only flight for the Forseeble future there.

You mean to say they are selling two 737 800's, eventhough all of their 737 Max planes are grounded.
    I have to wonder the logic there.

kub wrote: »
    You mean to say they are selling two 737 800's, eventhough all of their 737 Max planes are grounded.
    I have to wonder the logic there.

I wonder is there a source for that anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

https://standbynordic.com/norwegian-fights-debt-with-new-aircraft-sale/

don't depart fleet until late Q3 by which time Maxes should be back in service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Is that not Norwegians new rescue strategy? Cut costs, sell new airframes which were brought at significant discount and cut loss making routes? There has been considerable press coverage of this quoting their CEO.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Just booked on luftanasa for May Bank Holiday weekend (and some padding either side) for 350, now I see it here for 240. Damn it. Ah well, I'll make the most of the bags I guess.

Lufthansa to where? I presume a codeshare with Air Canada?

ironclaw wrote: »
    I'll be on it very shortly. I actually live in Hamilton.

Just wondering if you flew to Hamilton yet, how was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

My flight Ork - Pvd was changed Dub - Swf. I called Norwegian and got the to change it to Dub - Pvd at no extra cost. Had to extend by one day in US to align with scheduled flight days.

Just wondering if you flew to Hamilton yet, how was it?

Quick Review of DUB to YHM

Preface by saying I fly a lot with work and I've had the priveledge of fly in some really great cabins. I only flew this route as I currently reside in Hamilton and wanted the novelty factor.

- Check in queue was very long. They don't tell you by email but you can check in online via their Travel Assist App. It would appear some passengers flying to the US couldn't do this, or perhaps it was on US passports. Either way, check if you can check-in using their App and if you cannot allow plenty of extra time to check in. If you can check in by the app, bag drop is a breeze.

- Weigh your checked bag (20kg Max), they are very strict on weight including hand baggage (10kg)

- We boarded via the 335 gates which are shuttled to the South Gates and then you walk to the plane. I'd recommend being on the first shuttle as there are no boarding groups, it's a free for all as it were. That said, loads of space in the overhead bins.

- Plane was pretty knew but it's a 'commuter' plane. 3 and 3 config with a single aisle. I'm 6ft 4' and I was tight for space in a the seat (All the same). If you are tall or want to sleep, book an exit row or head for the back and pray no one sits beside you.

- Flight itself was reasonably full with a few empty rows or space between people in the back. Crew allow you to move so I would recommend if you didn't get an exit row, jump to a seat with a gap as soon as you take off.

- There are no TV's or entertainment. Bring your own! Same for power, bring a power bank for your USB devices.

- Wifi is free or 5EUR for better service with social media. 12EUR gives you streaming speed but I didn't try it. It was perfect throughout the flight for WhatsApp, Email etc

- Food wasn't great. It's better than Air Canada (Not hard to do!) but on par with Aer Lingus. It's decent but nothing is free, not even water. So bring your own drinks and snacks if you are not buying a meal. And even if you are, bring drinks and snacks.

- Hamilton is a very small airport, think Waterford or Sligo and you are there. Its a breeze to get through versus Toronto T3. I was out in 20 mins or less.

As for Norweigan itself, the crew were very new / green and it was the first time they had worked together. They were being trained during the flight and some were so new they didn't know how to cross the border at crew customs. Friendly and professional, but it was slightly concering how new they all were.

Bottom line?

Cheap flight and you get what you pay for. Think RyanAir but transatlantic. Check your fare price though as they are not always cheaper than Aer Lingus or Air Canada on one way. By the time you factor transport to Toronto, you may be on parity. It's a tight squeeze in the seats and you'll be paying a lot of extra luggage (20$ per kg). I'm not sure I'd want to fly and try and sleep on a flight back to Ireland. Hamilton is a cool city but there is nothing here really for tourists and 2 (nice-ish) hotels in the whole city. If you want my recommendation, stay the night by Airbnb and see Niagara, then head to Toronto. With regards to transport, nab a bus at the airport or there are good links from Hunter St station to Toronto each hour on the GO Bus.

If anyone has any questions about the above or Hamilton in general, feel free to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,249 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I wouldn't call a 737 a commuter plane! But interesting review. Norwegian are an LCC so standards aren't high in most people's minds, so it seems like a sufficient service for those who wish to go to Hamilton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Hiya,

I just got an email from norwegian airlines today saying that our flight was changing from Shannon Airport to Dublin Airport. Is this instance enough to get a refund from them or not?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

j_mo wrote: »
    Hiya,

I just got an email from norwegian airlines today saying that our flight was changing from Shannon Airport to Dublin Airport. Is this instance enough to get a refund from them or not?

Thanks.

Yes.

Do I just need to contact them and request a refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

j_mo wrote: »
    Do I just need to contact them and request a refund?

Yes!

Perfect, thanks.

Noticed on flight radar that DUB-YHM is occasionally stopping in Goose Bay to refuel.

• Advertisement

Any web page on how often this is happening, you would imagine if you book a direct flight it's not going to stop in goose green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The YHM route was recently reduced from 4x to 3x weekly for most of July but this has now been extended until 13 September after which the route is no longer on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,035 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Any web page on how often this is happening, you would imagine if you book a direct flight it's not going to stop in goose green.

Given that Norwegian are forced to use a B737-800 on the route and not the planned B737-MAX 8 which has the longer range necessary, this is going to happen from time to time if the headwinds don't play ball.

You can see them here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/d81840

Generally, any late or diverted flights, if you hit playback you'll see it in Goose Bay.

What I'm curious about is do they tell you before you board or when you are in the air? I'd be a little put-off, and pretty annoyed if my direct flight was diverted for fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,035 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

ironclaw wrote: »
    You can see them here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/d81840

Generally, any late or diverted flights, if you hit playback you'll see it in Goose Bay.

What I'm curious about is do they tell you before you board or when you are in the air? I'd be a little put-off, and pretty annoyed if my direct flight was diverted for fuel.

It would be a planned stop - the crew will know what their capabilities are.

I’m not sure what else exactly do you expect them to do?

If the headwinds are too strong the B737-800 simply won’t have the range.

Remember this isn’t a problem of Norwegian’s making.

I suspect most of their passengers are just glad that the flights are operating albeit at a reduced frequency.

It appears to have diverted only twice - on the 19th and 21st of April.

• Advertisement
Advertisement