Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwegian Air Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

I assume it’s weatger related, but why did the Dublin flight go to YYR (Goose Bay), scheduled to fly on to SWF?

SNN-SWF remained a direct flight. :-)

Hope the weather clears up for the 15th :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭NH2013

Johann. wrote: »
    I assume it’s weatger related, but why did the Dublin flight go to YYR (Goose Bay), scheduled to fly on to SWF?

SNN-SWF remained a direct flight. :-)

Hope the weather clears up for the 15th :-)

Most likely it was to uplift additional fuel required for the likely holding delays and a more distant than normal suitable alternate airport due to the weather that has shut down most of the Eastern Seaboard, SNN flight was possibly lighter and able to uplift enough fuel to complete the flight in one go. Also very strong jet streams at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Route pulled from S18 , frees up one aircraft .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A319er wrote: »
    Route pulled from S18 , frees up one aircraft .

Which route?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Which route?
    Hartford-Edinburgh (BDL-EDI) in the titel of the post

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

EDI BDL

marno21 wrote: »
    Hartford-Edinburgh (BDL-EDI) in the titel of the post

No titles on mobile.

Route was only 4pw in Summer so doesn't exactly free up a full aircraft. Anyway don't Norwegian have plenty of 737-8MAX at their disposal at this stage?

No titles on mobile.

Route was only 4pw in Summer so doesn't exactly free up a full aircraft. Anyway don't Norwegian have plenty of 737-8MAX at their disposal at this stage?

No just 6 or 7 delivered and none due soon either. Plenty on order.

No just 6 or 7 delivered and none due soon either. Plenty on order.

6 or 7 is alot more than they're currently using on TATL isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

BGO-PVD (Bergen - Providence) also got the chop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Rawr

Shn99 wrote: »
    BGO-PVD (Bergen - Providence) also got the chop

I was wondering how long the Bergen route would last. It takes less than an hour to fly over to OSL and take one of the Dreamliners over to JFK, or a SAS A330 over to Newark.

Norwegians can sometimes be a bit picky (I live here in Oslo with them :D), and they might not like flying over to a Providence on a 737 when they can get a "fancier" LH aircraft via OSL, even if it does involve a transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

ongarboy wrote: »

March isn't that far away and there's no (additional)tickets/schedules posted or for sale on Norwegians website for flights which are allegedly less than 2 months away..

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    March isn't that far away and there's no (additional)tickets/schedules posted or for sale on Norwegians website for flights which are allegedly less than 2 months away..

Yes there is, not sure what you're using :)

From end of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Tenzor07 wrote:

I can see them on their website

I can see them on their website

Nothing additional from what I can see since the announcement was made..

Nothing additional from what I can see since the announcement was made..

You see 4 flights pw from the end of March yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Airline summer timetables come into effect on the weekend of the clock change in Europe - which is March 25th this year.

Check from that date onwards.

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Airline summer timetables come into effect on the weekend of the clock change in Europe - which is March 25th this year.
    Check from that date onwards.

I'll be watching this closely to see if it actually happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I'll be watching this closely to see if it actually happens...

I don’t think you’re understanding me.

You can check now - for departure dates on/after March 25th.

That’s when the summer timetable takes effect.

There are quite clearly four flights per week between Shannon and Providence (and three per week to Stewart) available to book online for departure dates on/after March 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

http://www.recordonline.com/news/20180117/norwegian-slashes-scotland-service-at-stewart

Edinburgh-Stewart down to 4 a week from 7
    Edinburgh-Provedince down to 3 a week from 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

All this adjustment making me nervous about flights booked for next summer for family holiday. Will cost a fortune if I need to rebook on another airline.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    All this adjustment making me nervous about flights booked for next summer for family holiday. Will cost a fortune if I need to rebook on another airline.

Where are you flying from? I'd say Irish airports are safe.

Only Edinburgh are being cut at the moment, and even there you've still flights to choose from (bar to Hartford).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Here is a interesting analysis of LH per seat profit made by DY in 2017. All losses except Cork at 36 and Shannon at 6 with average of 4 euro per seat loss at DUB but operation was profitable for 4 or 6 months which would tally with most airlines losing money in Nov/Dec period.

https://www.aviationanalytics.com/2018/01/09/norwegian-overstretched/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Here is a interesting analysis of LH per seat profit made by DY in 2017. All losses except Cork at 36 and Shannon at 6 with average of 4 euro per seat loss at DUB but operation was profitable for 4 or 6 months which would tally with most airlines losing money in Nov/Dec period.

https://www.aviationanalytics.com/2018/01/09/norwegian-overstretched/

I am confused, I just looked at your link, Cork appears to be a star route as they refer to it.
    It is running year round, with a service to Providence (D81821) only after taking off at 16:31 today. Granted back from 3 services a week to 2 until the end of March.
    But according to that article, it states:

Once again the stronger performing markets tend to be based on fewer observations. For example, transatlantic routes from Rome operated in November and December only. Bergen flew between July and September and Cork in July, October and November.

Cork is still operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Where are you flying from? I'd say Irish airports are safe.

Only Edinburgh are being cut at the moment, and even there you've still flights to choose from (bar to Hartford).

Dublin

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Dublin

You'll be fine.

LXFlyer wrote: »
    I don’t think you’re understanding me.
    You can check now - for departure dates on/after March 25th.
    That’s when the summer timetable takes effect.
    There are quite clearly four flights per week between Shannon and Providence (and three per week to Stewart) available to book online for departure dates on/after March 25th.

Sorted yea cheers, good news for Shannon! #flyNorwegian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Booked a 4 day trip to New York in march with Norwegian for the missus and myself.
    Checked bag + bus from airport to Manhattan still worked out just a little over half the price of the lowest fair with Aer lingus. I know we dont get the creature comforts of an A330 but its an amazing price for flights to NY.

Long live the 'transatlantic Ryanair' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Just back from NYC having flown from Dublin - Stewart and return. It was perfect, flight over was 8 hours due to headwinds, flight home was 5 hours 45 minutes. Bus was hassle free. Would definitely fly the same route again.

Advertisement