Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for ignoring mod instructions

Options
  • 03-12-2016 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭

So I can understand why I'm banned from the weather forum for ignoring mod instructions.

In early September, I was told by a mod that I was banned because of these reasons:

1. Arguing with people's opinions and trying to state that my "opinion" is a fact: (when that was not what I was trying to do at all, I was trying to state a fact which then Met Éireann proved for me with their Summer 2016 seasonal summary) So I have argued at times during the Summer with people's opinions saying that it was a **** summer and I was trying to say that it was average. But then when September came around and I was banned from posting, Met Éireann released their Summer 2016 seasonal summary and at the bottom of the first page, it said that the poulter index of Ireland for Summer 2016 was average, just like what I was trying to prove to everyone. A poor west mixed with a pleasant east = an average Irish summer.

2. Asking a question about a thread out of curiosity and the mod mistook it as a threat: (which I will never understand) In early August, I made an Autumn 2016 discussion thread and the mod renamed it to look ahead predictions for Autumn 2016 or something like that because they felt it was too early. The mod even promised to change it (HE PROMISED) when Autumn would arrive. But what made me confused was the fact that the Winter 2015/16 thread was made in August 2015 last year? :confused: And then when early September came along, there was no change with the thread. In fact, the mod made a new thread himself which I found absolutely confusing again and he ripped my brain. I simply asked him NICELY why did he does this? He mistook it as a threat and then decided, yeah I'm banned.

3. Me frequently posting statistics for my station. I can kind of understand this reason to ban me but the other two, no way.

However, this was not the end, the mod told me that I would be allowed post my entries for the boards forecast contests but no other posts within the weather forum under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES (quote on quote). Unfortunately, today I kind of rebelled against this by posting within the Winter 2016/17 discussion thread. The thing is though, over the past few months since I have been banned, there have been questions people have been asking that I know the answer to and I have not gotten the chance to answer them because of this situation with the exception of PMing them, my inbox is nearly full though now. I am not an ignorant person at all and due to my inbox being nearly full, I had no chance but to push forward and kind of go against what the mod said. I just can't stand being an ignorant person, what has this world come to? Are you forcing me to be an ignorant person? Is it alright to be an ignorant ****..... because that's what you're showing right now.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi sryanbruen,
    The 1st step in the Dispute Resolution process per the above flow chart is to exchange PMs with the infracting mod. Officially your record shows a red card infraction, not a ban; although you may have had an understanding with the mod team that resulted in an unofficial ban. Have you exchanged PMs with the mod since recently infracted in an attempt to resolve this dispute? If no resolution has been achieved between you and the mod, then I will investigate your DRP. Please advise.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Black Swan wrote: »
    Hi sryanbruen,
    The 1st step in the Dispute Resolution process per the above flow chart is to exchange PMs with the infracting mod. Officially your record shows a red card infraction, not a ban; although you may have had an understanding with the mod team that resulted in an unofficial ban. Have you exchanged PMs with the mod since recently infracted in an attempt to resolve this dispute? If no resolution has been achieved between you and the mod, then I will investigate your DRP. Please advise.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

Hi Black Swan,

Well Lumi gave me an "unofficial" ban in September, so like I could rebel against what he said if I wanted to as the ban was unofficial. I did so yesterday as a result of not ignoring somebody's question in a thread and then got that infraction from Pistolpetes in which he told me that I'm banned. The mods deleted my post now of yesterday when I helped nagdefy as well as other people's posts of hoping that I was allowed to post again. Will I PM you what Pistolpetes sent me yesterday?

And yes I have read all dispute resolution rules but I am just too afraid by this stage to even try and talk with mods especially Lumi after he mistook my question out of curiosity as a threat when I was not trying to tell him how to do his job.

I really wish I could just like "restart" all over again. I look back on my posts from in the last year on the weather forum when I got previous infractions and I'm like, what the hell was I do doing? As I'm older now though, I feel much more mature and just want to forget all this what happened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Will I PM you what Pistolpetes sent me yesterday?
    Hi sryanbruen,
    Yes you may, so please forward pistolpetes11's recent PM to my Black Swan PM mailbox at your earliest convenience.
    sryanbruen wrote: »
    I really wish I could just like "restart" all over again. I look back on my posts from in the last year on the weather forum when I got previous infractions and I'm like, what the hell was I do doing?
    I will bring this to the attention of the Weather mod team.

Have a nice weekend,
    Black Swan

RESOLUTION: sryanbruen and Weather mods have come to an agreement in terms of how he may resume posting in the Weather forum beginning Sunday, 18 December 2016. Please close this DRP and mark it resolved.

Thanks sryanbruen and Weather mods, and have a grand weekend!

Black Swan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement