Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sanchez is the main man in this game this season. As one of his main supporters over the years on here I'm raging I've missed out on his last two weeks captain hauls. He will be classed as a fwd next year which is a shame. I'd say over the past 3 seasons there has hardly ever been a gw when he was fit I didn't have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

68-4
    With clyne, firmino, mane, and negredo to play.
    Had Kane captain over Sanchez think it's only worked out 10 points difference, I can live with that!!
    Already on my seasons best!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    68-4
    Had Kane captain over Sanchez think it's only worked out 10 points difference, I can live with that!!

jeez you are right it is only 10 points difference
    happier now
    well played alexis :D

68-4

Although not expecting too much from Liverpool's trip to Bournemouth

Although not expecting too much from Liverpool's trip to Bournemouth

I'm expecting an Adam smith clean sheet goal and 3 bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Sanchez is the main man in this game this season. As one of his main supporters over the years on here I'm raging I've missed out on his last two weeks captain hauls. He will be classed as a fwd next year which is a shame. I'd say over the past 3 seasons there has hardly ever been a gw when he was fit I didn't have him.

Same as that really though I've been a huge Theo fan as well. Hazard is a great player but I've had to hold my tongue recently when people have compared him favourably to Alexis for FPL.
    I've hardly been on here at all lately. Things not going great for you? Great chance to see a run of green arrows though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Top scorer this week a Sanchez TC head I'm guessing.

km79 wrote: »
    jeez you are right it is only 10 points difference
    happier now
    well played alexis :D

Ya to be fair I'd prob captain Kane @home to Swansea every time.
    Now if you switched captaincy from Sanchez to aguero, that would hurt!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

69(pre-BPS) with Firmino to play and Pickford off the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Same as that really though I've been a huge Theo fan as well. Hazard is a great player but I've had to hold my tongue recently when people have compared him favourably to Alexis for FPL.
    I've hardly been on here at all lately. Things not going great for you? Great chance to see a run of green arrows though.

Ye had a very poor month in november. Still lots of time to go though so not too worried. Those extra Sanchez pts the last two gws would have been nice but only have myself to blame for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The guy ahead of me in one of my leagues is on 17 pts. with Matip (doubt) Firmino (doubt) and Milner who I have to play,he has 4 points on his bench.

Ouch!!

At one stage today I had 3 points with 7 players playing.

I'm now on 55 +7baps due, and Ibra and Davies to play.

I <3 Sanchez

considering I out of 4 own sanchez.
    would 10% of players have him captained this week?
    would be interesting to find out that stat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

69 -4 with Milner to run tomorrow. It will do. Had a mare for 3 straight gw's and we are back up and running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm raging this is my first week with him this season. I've had him through thick and thin in previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Grant
    Pieters Holebas Evans
    Can Firmino Hazard Sanchez(c)
    Kane Aguero Austin

At the London Stadium today, so will be even better/worse depending on how Alexis does. Will need to see the effective ownership for Kane, but would rather he stopped at a brace max

:D. 92 with Can and Firmino to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Up against a few Firmino (c) Sanchez (vc) league leaders.
    Really need Bobby to get minutes.
    With Coutinho and Sturridge deaded and no midweek games you'd think he'd be playing if anyway ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've plummeted the last couple of weeks. This week will do a world of good.

After BPs I'll be on 85 (-8) with Firmino to go. Not as good as some here, but good for my leagues. Nobody else seemed to captain Alexis, and some don't have him.

Alli, Phillips, Vertonghen, Hazard and Sanchez (c).

Kane or Ibra in for Kun tonight, and I'm happy enough with my team for the 1st time in a while I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

72 with Snodgrass and Firmino to play. Am in this GW till the very end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

75(-4) with Mane and Gibson to play. Have to be happy with that especially with no Kane in my side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Some monster scores here looks like I'm screwed.

37 after bps with Firmino,De Gea and IBRA(c) to go...

35 for me with Ibra (c) Negredo, Francis and Firmino to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

64k to 26k OR.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh hello there.....

tumblr_n66cc4dbb31rhtjn2o1_400.gif

.....just the 92 points with Firminho and Barragan to play. Sorry I'm late to the party today :)

Heaton
    Alonso - Barragan - Evans
    Sanchez (c) - Firminho - Walcott - Allen
    Aguero - Kane - Benteke

Pickford: Capoue - Holebas - Amat

Rose 125k to 50k today. Reward for making the right call between Sanchez and Kane for captaincy. Shout out to Bentekkers too as well as some resolute attacking from my defenders.

Not bad :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

88(-4) with Firmino to go. Finally got a captain pick right after a last min change from kun to Sanchez. Getting Kane in for now and prob upgrade midfield later in the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

81 with Firmino to play and Pickford to sub in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

65 with Lukaku Firmino Williams Wilson and Karius to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

73 -4 with Firminio to play. Delighted with that, considering how things were looking around half 2 today.

Expecting to see some monster scores here by end of gw, should be a good few on here reach 100+

After seeing what Spurs got the first penalty I feel absolutely blessed to be only 10 points down on the Kane /Sanchez captaincy
    Ridiculous decision

Zaha did not touch the ball in MOTD highlights :D
    I KNEW it was a bad move but I did it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

106 points for me this week with Mane and Williams to play , I made up serious ground in the leagues I was in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Knife edge captain call wrong again. 10 points punishment coulda been worse.

76 with 3 to play. Not bad for a non Sanchez capt but the scores in the thread depressing as usual!!

FHFC wrote: »
    Knife edge captain call wrong again. 10 points punishment coulda been worse.

76 with 3 to play. Not bad for a non Sanchez capt but the scores in the thread depressing as usual!!

I didn't captain him either, I assume you went with kane aswell,
    Never beat yourself up over captain choices its very very hard to predict.
    Hindsight is perfect vision

47(-8)

Sanchez back into my team asap. That backfired spectacularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I didn't captain him either, I assume you went with kane aswell,
    Never beat yourself up over captain choices its very very hard to predict.
    Hindsight is perfect vision

Happy with the call. Just unlucky when you pick the wrong one on a 50/50 a few in a row.

Kane v unlucky not to have matched Sanchez hatrick plus assist. Only for his shot flicking off the second defender for Sons goal he'd have had the assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

23 before Sanchez played. Sitting on 73 now with 1 to go now :D

It's all about captain choices!!!

FHFC wrote: »
    Happy with the call. Just unlucky when you pick the wrong one on a 50/50 a few in a row.

Kane v unlucky not to have matched Sanchez hatrick plus assist. Only for his shot flicking off the second defender for Sons goal he'd have had the assist.

I captained him 5 times this year and only worked out once for me.
    Walker unlucky too not to assist or score, hes due a big score soon maybe at home to hull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:

It evens out that Kane was lucky to have a penalty because of a poor decision though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

82 (-4) with Firmino & Coleman to play. Sanchez captain. Benteke, Hazard & J.Evans producing the goods. Up to 15k from 33k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

A 68 (-12) so far that taste like disaster...

Last GW I switched to 3-5-2 to accomodate Coutinho in.
    This week I
    iroced wrote: »
    [...]
    Now hopefully I'm right in favouring Kane over any Spurs mid for the next 4 games.
    [...]
    Personally I banked on Pedro + Kane outscoring Hazard + Defoe over the next 4 games.
    and switched back to 3-4-3 and went -12 Fuchs + Hazard + Coutinho + Anichebe -> Alonso + Pedro + De Roon + Kane
    The safer option was Fuchs + Coutinho -> Alonso + Eriksen meaning Sanchez (C) = 31 pts deficit.
    3 GWs to make that back...

At least Alonso & Kane delivered. And hopefully Pedro doesn't get dropped.

This year is the year of the "casuality": stop planning ahead carefully, stop analysing, just get the in form players and bank the points :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I'm raging at that Sanchez score as a firm believer for a long time with the armband on Kane and 3 bps to boot with him in my team. I curse Eriksen for that score also. Sanchez as my Vice. 82 after bps with Milner to go. Jumped 200K + places back to 180.5K OR and I'm not happy about it. I've been plaguerised with points hits! 737 points and I still want major surgery to 3 spots minimum o0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

TacT wrote: »
    I'm raging at that Sanchez score as a firm believer for a long time with the armband on Kane and 3 bps to boot with him in my team. I curse Eriksen for that score also. Sanchez as my Vice. 82 after bps with Milner to go. Jumped 200K + places back to 180.5K OR and I'm not happy about it. I've been plaguerised with points hits! 737 points and I still want major surgery to 3 spots minimum o0

Oral Higenist for a hit player? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

People moaning about scores in the 70's and 80's shouldn't be allowed. The GW isn't even over yet and there's people with good teams on less than 50pts

8-10 wrote: »
    People moaning about scores in the 70's and 80's shouldn't be allowed. The GW isn't even over yet and there's people with good teams on less than 50pts

The current average is 37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A guy ahead of me in a H2H league got 2 points yesterday. De gea, lovern, Williams and coutinho to go and 7 points coming off the bench, but that's season ruining stuff.

GW rank of 4.1 mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

• Advertisement

Only Adam smith left
    I will be over the moon if he keeps a cleanie
    Not just for the 6 points but for the fact firmino and mane will have blanked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

spock. wrote: »

He better start, brought him in for a hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lads. I've been having a horrible season. I just haven't been able to get anything right, getting players in right when their barren runs start, and selling players before they explode, only to come back to them with tail between my legs. My highest rank was in GW7 when I reached 239k.

Yesterday, I hit the ton, taking me from 400k to 89k :)

Firmino (hopefully) and Ibra (whom I bought for Aguero last week, kicked myself for last Saturday, and was gleeful about yesterday, in a move that also let me get Hazard in) left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

The -4 to bring in Eriksen worked out well.. was only planning on bringing him in for 1 x GW but he is a big differential and can score big.. not convinced by Austin just yet but I'll keep him as the fixtures look appealing.

96 points with Lovren remaining. Up to 1300 in the overall rankings now..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

8-10 wrote: »
    The current average is 37.
    I'll never buy nor get this point. When you miss out 10, 20 or 30 pts from a couple of 50/50 decisions, it doesn't matter that you score 20 pts or 100 pts, you still miss out on those points.
    To me it's exactly the same being disappointed with a crap 25 pts when you could have gotten 40 than being disappointed with a good looking 70 when you could have had 85.

Also, net top 10k average from FPL disco (which is a far better and fairer reflection of the average) is 55.5 from 8.3 players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement