Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty Rights on Argos Refurbished iPhone

Options
  • 03-12-2016 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6209915/Trail/searchtext>iPhone+5s+refurbished.htm

I'm just curious on this. It says 1 year warranty like the new Apple phones do but I know in Ireland you can claim up to 6 years and the EU has a 2 year limit, not enacted here I know that jazz but Apple will do 2 years no questions asked repairs from experience cause of it.

Anyway, what do ye reckon you'd be able to claim on a refurbished item from them being sold by Argos?

If refurbished is claimed to be "as new" surely you'd want to be make a reasonable claim for repair within the first 2 years at least?

An interesting tidbit is say buying a refurb iPad direct from apple actually says the "the same 1 year warranty as if you bought a new one" I wonder would the fact Apple refurb them and Argos sell.them work

I mean rather than being labeled as second hand they claim to fully refurbish then and sell as like new so you'd wonder.

Actually if buying a refurb direct from apple.ie states same warranty as if you bought a new one would you manage a 2 year claim off them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You are confusing warranty with consumer rights to a reasonable life of a product.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You are confusing warranty with consumer rights to a reasonable life of a product.

This.

"Warranty" is next to meaningless in Ireland. It can make your life easier if stuff goes awry early in a products life but it won't have the slightest effect on my purchasing decisions as Irish/UK consumer rights are fairly solid.

Advertisement