Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW15 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Kneejerked and just bought in Mane and Costa. If Heaton doesn't play next week, I'll still have no goalkeeper for a third week in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Planning on doing Walcott to Sanchez and Aguero to Benteke for a -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lovren out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Looking at Aguero>Costa and Evans>Alonso for another -4 but will probably wait until the week after to get Alonso in. An upgrade from Milner to Mane and Aguero>Defoe or Iheanacho is tempting too. Mkhitaryan could be a nice differential if he provides some goods.
    Currently have the following:

Heaton/Jaku
    A.Smith Pieters Walker Evans Amat
    Sanchez Hazard De Roon Milner Siggy
    Kane Austin Aguero with 0.1 ITB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm saying this but I may change origi next week.......can't face into that game with no pool mids and want to get he zaha the game against hull ........will bank the money and then maybe get zlatan or costa in
    No
    I just can't do it
    So zlatan or costa it will be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Little kick out by ibrahimovic at Colemans head. Didn't look much but I'd hold off buying him until the fa say if he'll face any action had the ref seen it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Simple really, Aguero - Costa

Had been avoiding him with the 4 YC thing, but can't avoid him anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Made mine already.

Redmond & Pedro -> Hazard & Fer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Already done my FT from Aguero to Kane last night to avoid price changes.

Nearly about to pull the trigger on Lukaku to Costa but Zlatan in the back of my mind now.

Who's the better option, Costa or Zlatan? (Already own Haz)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I don't have hazard . So my decision is hazard or Costa. I want to have a strong front 8 for Xmas. Sanchez will very likely get rested and I won't want to sell him. Austin will also get rotated so I want a good option on my bench. I'd be hoping for a Costa yellow just as some rotation bites. I think going down the hazard and cheap striker route I can get anyone from benteke down will work better for my team. Im looking at Sanchez Pedro siggy hazard firmino Kane Austin and ihanacho. Siggy to alli next gw and then Kane to IBRA over Xmas.

A typically non template and detailed plan then!! :D. Food for thought as always...

I'm actually thinking of going the other way and getting in KDB. He should play the next 4 with Aguero out and tore in up during the last ban. It would not be any kinda strong front 8 but apart from Sanchez I'm not that fearful of rotation. Fixtures are not bad this Xmas with no 2 day turn arounds.

Sanchez, Hazard, Kane, Costa, KdB in one team seems tempting. If I could just fit Siggy in too but not happening unless I do Haz to Pedro, which despite this weekend events may still be a viable plan I think.

Perhaps over next 2 weeks moving towards.....

Pedro, Sanchez, Siggy, KDB (Capoo)
    Austin, Kane, Costa with Ibra for Xmas too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

45 goals in the last 50 games for Zlatan.... I still swapped him for Kane yesterday morning, needed funds. Might get him back in after next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He didn't do his millions of shots he had been doing Zlatan. Though he did get a goal with one of his few attempts. Maybe he's just playing differently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Went with Ibra in the end! Better not regret this.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Decides to take a -4

Aguero - Ihenancho
    Holjberg - Hazard.

Giving me:

Sanchez/Hazard/Mane Zaha or Phillips rotation.

Austin/Nacho/Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    A typically non template and detailed plan then!! :D. Food for thought as always...

I'm actually thinking of going the other way and getting in KDB. He should play the next 4 with Aguero out and tore in up during the last ban. It would not be any kinda strong front 8 but apart from Sanchez I'm not that fearful of rotation. Fixtures are not bad this Xmas with no 2 day turn arounds.

Sanchez, Hazard, Kane, Costa, KdB in one team seems tempting. If I could just fit Siggy in too but not happening unless I do Haz to Pedro, which despite this weekend events may still be a viable plan I think.

Perhaps over next 2 weeks moving towards.....

Pedro, Sanchez, Siggy, KDB (Capoo)
    Austin, Kane, Costa with Ibra for Xmas too.

Ye xmas isnt hectic apart from the dec 31 to jan 2 gws. My fear is austin playing 3 games in a week next week and I could see willian get a game for pedro out of those 3 possibly. Southampton also play dec 28, 31 and jan 2 no way austin starts the 3 of them. Then if giroud is fit wenger has said sanchez will get a winter break granted it may only be one gw .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I can exactly afford for -4:

Aguero -> Costa
    Allen -> Siggy

As this forum's voice of reason and sensible player I reckon this is probably as wise a pair of transfers I could make...but I guess I'll ask for some renegade alternatives that I wouldn't even think about? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Aguero to Kane last night.

-4 for a failing Redmond to Hazard tonight maybe though I can afford any midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Conflicted now.. Is it worth taking a hit to swap Mane for Costa?

Have Sanchez, Hazard, Firmino, Walcott, Kane and Austin so can't really think of anyone else to sell. Mane also has pretty good form and fixtures (home to West Ham next week for one) but Costa looks essential?

Want to make a decision before Costa price rise tonight.

Went ahead and did that transfer last night - Mane's 11 points today have me slightly concerned now although it pays to be ruthless in this game some times. Transferred out Aguero last week for Kane and it paid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Have enough itb to do Aguero + Walcott to Sanchez and Costa and still have .5 to spare.

Why I am only realising this now is precisely why I'm stuck at 1.5m OR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Thinking of bringing in Origi for Austin. But I was wondering gw 15 is on 10 Dec and gw 16 is starting on 13 Dec. Is this then a double week meaning would a bench boost apply to both round of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

fennor72 wrote: »
    Thinking of bringing in Origi for Austin. But I was wondering gw 15 is on 10 Dec and gw 16 is starting on 13 Dec. Is this then a double week meaning would a bench boost apply to both round of games.

No, two separate GW's. Bench boost will only apply to one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Damn it. Was going to say nothing at work and try and gain some extra points in our league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

fennor72 wrote: »
    Damn it. Was going to say nothing at work and try and gain some extra points in our league.

If you keep your eye on the ball over Christmas, you should gain some ground. With games coming thick and fast, people have a tendency to get distracted by the festivities and miss deadlines etc. Keep saying nothing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Is Holebas to Alonso worth a -4 hit?

mectavba wrote: »
    Is Holebas to Alonso worth a -4 hit?
    Yes. Watford have looked very poor lately and probably only hope of holebas points is any attacking ones. I'd go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

If you keep your eye on the ball over Christmas, you should gain some ground. With games coming thick and fast, people have a tendency to get distracted by the festivities and miss deadlines etc. Keep saying nothing ;)

That happened in a World cup fantasy league, it was down to two lads and one of them got the deadline wrong by an hour and missed out by 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any chance Pedro's place is under threat to Willian? I currently have Costa, Hazard and Pedro, I'll need to move Pedro on but don't want to do it this gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have already done Aguero to Kane but thinking of the below -8, would make me a lot happier about my team in the long run. 
    Capoue ->Siggy
    Evans -> Alonso
    Have Foster and Philips already so really dont like having triple WBA for much longer and am just short of a midfield upgrade to Hazard so Siggy looks best medium term bet. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Have already done Aguero to Kane but thinking of the below -8, would make me a lot happier about my team in the long run. 
    Capoue ->Siggy
    Evans -> Alonso
    Have Foster and Philips already so really dont like having triple WBA for much longer and am just short of a midfield upgrade to Hazard so Siggy looks best medium term bet. Thoughts?

I'd say go for it. The hit should pay off over the next few weeks and you'll be a lot more satisfied with your team which is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aguero to Kane done last night

Thinking now Walcott/Sterling to Sanchez and Coleman to a £4m player to facilitate a must have player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Transfer Lovren or Holebas out for a hit for Alonso? Already have Clyne.

Fant11 wrote: »

Has to be Lovern so.

Fant11 wrote: »

id transfer out clyne

I think I know what I'm gonna do. I'll get Alonso this week for Caneron for -4 as otherwise I'll be playing Brunt away to Chelsea.

I'll see how City line up without Aguero and consider Sterling, KDB or Ihenaco for next week. No Siggy for now, Firmino gets one more chance as Firmino to Siggy hardly worth -4. Or is it.

Am averaging -4 per week since GW7 but its working out rather well.

I think I know what I'm gonna do. I'll get Alonso this week for Caneron for -4 as otherwise I'll be playing Brunt away to Chelsea.

I'll see how City line up without Aguero and consider Sterling, KDB or Ihenaco for next week. No Siggy for now, Firmino gets one more chance as Firmino to Siggy hardly worth -4. Or is it.

Am averaging -4 per week since GW7 but its working out rather well.

No way would would I transfer out firmino who's playing a west ham side that shipped 5 last week. Def not for a hit.
    I know he looked a little out of sorts yesterday but I'd expect a lot of goals in the west ham game & every chance he'll be amongst them.

Based on his performance in west ham game, I may ship him out for payets nice run of 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Benteke -> Austin
    Smith -> Alonso

For a -4 is the plan.

Did Aguero -> Costa and Pieters -> Alonso.

Benteke -> Austin wouldn't have been done even if Aguero hadn't forced the first transfer.

Funny how plans change so quickly. :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Did Aguero -> Costa and Pieters -> Alonso.

Benteke -> Austin wouldn't have been done even if Aguero hadn't forced the first transfer.

Funny how plans change so quickly. :pac:

Austin is underwhelming big time and his fixtures while decent don't scream goals. Thinking of getting rid actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Austin is underwhelming big time and his fixtures while decent don't scream goals. Thinking of getting rid actually.

Same here. Southampton aren't scoring many goals and he'll probably be rotated over Christmas. Finding the extra money to upgrade him is the problem for me now.

IF Mourinho could not bring Ibra to that Europa away game and let us know tomorrow that would be helpful

Same here. Southampton aren't scoring many goals and he'll probably be rotated over Christmas. Finding the extra money to upgrade him is the problem for me now.

Won't be spending more i think. Ihenaco, Origi and Carroll auditioning for me this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,479 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I brought Austin in four games ago, 19pts over that time, Alonso is the only other one in that bracket to perform like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Green&Red wrote: »
    I brought Austin in four games ago, 19pts over that time, Alonso is the only other one in that bracket to perform like that

His season average is 4.5 points per game. Every time I buy him it's a 1 or 2 pointer, but big score once I get rid. I've owned him 3 times already and just ditched him again - for Defoe who is averaging 6 points per game and only 0.8 more. He rarely completes the 90 minutes and there are lots of players with higher returns per game for similar or less money... Son, stanislas, chadli, milner, Philips, Capoue, Gundongan, anichebe

Transfers done
    Logging out till Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Green&Red wrote: »

Bentekkers is close enough to be considered in that bracket? 30 points in his last 4. One of the best value buys in the game imo. Anytime a team play around him, he scores goals. He's the main man at Palace and if the team start performing, his returns will be more than solid.

Carroll will have to do a lot more until he gets serious consideration from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

First time in a long time that I've looked at taking an 8 pointer and thought yeh that looks sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I think I'm going to bench boost this week.

spock. wrote: »
    I think I'm going to bench boost this week.

What's the team. I'd be close to doing it this week as I'll have a strong front 8 and both keepers have a good fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

What's the team. I'd be close to doing it this week as I'll have a strong front 8 and both keepers have a good fixture.

My bench if I don't use it will be:

Pickford Anichebe Mee Amat

If Costa is declared fit, I think I'll go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

You could pick up 15 points there easily enough if things go even slightly right for you.

• Advertisement

Mine would be Pickford ihanacho or siggy, Evans , Pieter's. Evans and Pieter's holding me back obviously and I also have Heston who is a doubt so I'll hold off on it this week . Once amat starts its a decent week for u to do it.

Advertisement