Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW15 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Other than that we need to chip in for some therapy for you, not a whole pile. :D

For him ?
    It's us that are considering Andy Carroll for a hit and he only back playing about 10 minutes :D

Hype710 wrote: »
    No one considering Benteke?

I would be but I have zaha and I am NOT doubling up on them!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Imagine Andy Carroll injured taking the kick off,the reaction here would be epic:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Payet's the man lads, after this gw

I'm going to wait I think and pray for positive news
    Won't be able to afford defoe after tonight but don't mind
    I'm actually considering calling Wilson strongly
    Or even Carroll if I could have another game tonlook at him first ..........might just play Capoue if Austin is out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Other than that we need to chip in for some therapy for you, not a whole pile. :D

I'd save it up until I crack up. Remember the last time I tried to be sensible and then I turned to Kevin Nolan and everything turned to sh!t :)

Look it's a classic fixtures argument but West Ham are muck and Carroll could break down at any moment.

In saying that the sooner you get the more time you'll own him before he breaks.

I'd be in the Nacho camp of punting. You know you should get 4 games out of him rather than hoping you get 4 games.

Benteke is my own 3rd forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pre season favourite Andre gray is now 6.1. He started the last game and has Bournemouth Sunderland and boro all at home in the next 5 . Once Pedro is fit I'll be holding Austin this gw. One of the benefits of having a strong front 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Carroll urge is only rising. Help me out here!!

Former club with ropey defence followed by 3 worst sides in league!!

Matip is back. 9 goals conceded in the 11 games he has played. Liverpool have conceded 4 goals at home all season.

Andy is perennially injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Well my WC team so far....

Pickford Mannone
    Alonso Brunt Pieters Ake Kingsley
    Sanchez Hazard Can Firmino Phillips
    Ibra Costa Iheanacho 1.2M itb.

For me it then became a question of KDB and De Roon or Firmino and Phillips and 1.2M
    I'm very likely to go with Firmino who I've had from the start.

A few others are in the mix. Wilson, Boufal Long Rose Bailly.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hype710 wrote: »
    No one considering Benteke?

I have him and wouldn't think of replacing him with Carroll at this stage. Can't see where all the Hype has come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Carroll lads wtf. A big useless donkey. Wouldnt take the risk unless im chasing and desperate. Even then i dont think i would.

What him go on a streak now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I can see the logic behind Carroll. He does tend to return from injury every now and then scoring a few goals looking like he is going to be a world beater until he breaks again. West Ham have as nice fixtures as you can hope for coming up....these combined could see you strike lucky with Carroll, but not for me, not by a long shot!

Interesting that people are talking Payet up. Admittedly, I have not seen much of West Ham this year but from a FF point of view he has done very little. So at 9.2 m it would seem like a massive risk to bring him in for these games in the hope he hits back into form. A lot of other brilliant options in that price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sensible me is saying I should replace Austin with someone more nailed on rather than less. Tempted to follow the crowd and get Nacho though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

mectavba wrote: »
    I can see the logic behind Carroll. He does tend to return from injury every now and then scoring a few goals looking like he is going to be a world beater until he breaks again. West Ham have as nice fixtures as you can hope for coming up....these combined could see you strike lucky with Carroll, but not for me, not by a long shot!

Interesting that people are talking Payet up. Admittedly, I have not seen much of West Ham this year but from a FF point of view he has done very little. So at 9.2 m it would seem like a massive risk to bring him in for these games in the hope he hits back into form. A lot of other brilliant options in that price range.

Assists in his last two games against United and Arsenal. Why Liverpool might be vulnerable this week discussed already. Then he has Burnley and Hull at home followed by Swansea. Plus over the last 8 GW he is king of the key pass and successful cross. Take his pedigree into account and I'm kinda interested in him too especially if he gets points against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Southampton fixtures are great, tempted to leave Austin in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Southampton fixtures are great, tempted to leave Austin in

How long is he out injured for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dsmythy wrote: »
    How long is he out injured for?

Between posting that i said feck it an got Defoe in.

No confirmation on how long Austin is out for, could only be a week looking at a few sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Like many others I went Austin -> Nacho before I went to bed to catch the price rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Going to have to be Austin>Nacho now for a -4 that I wanted to use to upgrade Milner to Mane. Gonna have an itchy trigger finger on the -8 up until kickoff :(

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Between posting that i said feck it an got Defoe in.

No confirmation on how long Austin is out for, could only be a week looking at a few sites
    One week could be all 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Austin injured.....

Who's the best person to get in at that price range?

Nacho, Defoe, Wilson, Rondon, Negredo, Llorente? (Maybe not Llorente)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Wrong move Todd wrong move..., it makes no sense to make transfers with teams still due to play in Europe #austin

LOL
    McCauley injured and may be out
    Train wreck so far

km79 wrote: »
    LOL
    McCauley injured and may be out
    Train wreck so far

Fcuk sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Austin injury absolutely screws me into doing a -8 argh

• Advertisement

Austin injury absolutely screws me into doing a -8 argh

Nacho? Give me a good reason to go Nacho! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

ElTel wrote: »
    Pickford Mannone

I understand the underlying theory behind this but don't think its a good idea in winter, game called off and you've no goalkeeper.

Feck it. Carroll in. Austin out.

Nacho? Give me a good reason to go Nacho! :D

Already got him in for a Aguero :pac:

Front 3 of Costa Carroll Nacho now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna hold Austin this week. Charlie Austin can come in for me playing 442

• Advertisement

Already got him in for a Aguero :pac:

Front 3 of Costa Carroll Nacho now

That's all I needed, good night and god bless :pac:

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Gonna hold Austin this week. Charlie Austin can come in for me playing 442

What :D

That's all I needed, good night and god bless :pac:

Sure you might as well triple captain him as well :pac:

Sure you might as well triple captain him as well :pac:

Don't tempt me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

One week could be all 3 games

After which they have 3 games in 5 days and he'll definitely not play all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I understand the underlying theory behind this but don't think its a good idea in winter, game called off and you've no goalkeeper.

Your right its not a good idea from now on. You also have to factor in games being postponed for Carling cup final and fa cup games. I always prefer a 2 keeper strategy from Xmas onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What :D

Blonde moment.

Charlie Daniels comes in for Charlie Austin.

Far too much Charlie in my team!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Is it suicide going into this week without any Liverpool coverage?

Bilic on Carroll:“hopefully he'll be fit for some part of the game this weekend but we have to be careful with him”.https://t.co/YE8cSj30Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Bilic on Carroll:“hopefully he'll be fit for some part of the game this weekend but we have to be careful with him”.https://t.co/YE8cSj30Ho

That narrows things down to 4, although Carroll was always an outside bet.

Benteke
    Defoe
    Wilson
    Iheancho

I think in that order for me personally. Benteke worries me as he's on 4 cards and it would be just like it that Costa and him get them the same week.

Defoe is a diamond, but .... I'm concerned that Watmores injury might be problematic for Sunderland as he was a quiet workhorse. It's quite possible that Januzaj will come in for him and I don't know if thats a good thing.

Paully you might give us the benefit of your thoughts ?

Wilson- Looks very interesting to be honest.

Iheancho - Pep is the problem for me here. That fu€$er and his rotational policy make me very nervous. In fairness if you got 3 out of 4 for 70- 80 minutes that would be good, but will Pep give you that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Is it suicide going into this week without any Liverpool coverage?

I don't think Liverpool will run riot and even in a 5 goal win, Firmino has blanked.

Colking wrote: »

Benteke
    Defoe
    Wilson
    Iheancho

I think in that order for me personally. Benteke worries me as he's on 4 cards and it would be just like it that Costa and him get them the same week.

Tekkers is on 3 yellows. I'm currently leaning towards him for a hit

Colking wrote: »

Benteke
    Defoe
    Wilson
    Iheancho

Defoe is a diamond, but .... I'm concerned that Watmores injury might be problematic for Sunderland as he was a quiet workhorse. It's quite possible that Januzaj will come in for him and I don't know if thats a good thing.

Paully you might give us the benefit of your thoughts ?

Wilson- Looks very interesting to be honest.

Iheancho - Pep is the problem for me here. That fu€$er and his rotational policy make me very nervous. In fairness if you got 3 out of 4 for 70- 80 minutes that would be good, but will Pep give you that ?

Can't afford Defoe or Tekkers so its Nacho for me.

Looked well against Celtic, has roughly a goal every 100 mins in the PL this year which is good for a 'bit-part' player. Certain he'll start vs Leicester and hopefully bang in a few!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Blonde moment.

Charlie Daniels comes in for Charlie Austin.

Far too much Charlie in my team!

You've been dreaming of a white Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Option 1
    Austin to Iheanacho for -4. Nacho could rise again tonight, I was happy to let him go up 0.1 last night to consider the options and hear from the Press conferences today. But he's set to seriously bandwagon and if he does score this weekend there is a tidy profit to be made.

Option 2
    Bench Austin and play Chambers. With Southampton toiling in front of goal and missing their chief goal threat a CS is not out of the question for Boro.
    Could have a look at Iheanacho and Carroll this weekend.

Pretty 50/50 on it, the price changes push towards A, but not convinced City will rout Leicester this weekend.

Option 1
    Austin to Iheanacho for -4. Nacho could rise again tonight, I was happy to let him go up 0.1 last night to consider the options and hear from the Press conferences today. But he's set to seriously bandwagon and if he does score this weekend there is a tidy profit to be made.

Option 2
    Bench Austin and play Chambers. With Southampton toiling in front of goal and missing their chief goal threat a CS is not out of the question for Boro.

Pretty 50/50 on it, the price changes push towards A, but not convinced City will rout Leicester this weekend.

Literally having the same debate with myself now
    But I'd be playing Capoue
    I'm ok with that I think
    I've just looked through the fixture ticker
    Those west ham fixtures after Liverpool are WOW
    I think I need the weekend to assess it
    Not sure ANY of them are worth a -4 this particular weekend ......

I need to stop looking now
    As well as being way too tempted by Andy Carroll.......I've now figured if I get anichebe in for Austin after tomorrow I could then also get dele alli in for zaha........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Literally having the same debate with myself now
    But I'd be playing Capoue
    I'm ok with that I think
    I've just looked through the fixture ticker
    Those west ham fixtures after Liverpool are WOW
    I think I need the weekend to assess it
    Not sure ANY of them are worth a -4 this particular weekend ......

Yeah I'm going to be playing de Roon but still not sure it's worth a hit. As much as hits are working well this year bulldozing through them to get players for 3/4 weeks doesn't make any sense unless you are counting on a big slice of luck.

Yeah I'm going to be playing de Roon but still not sure it's worth a hit. As much as hits are working well this year bulldozing through them to get players for 3/4 weeks doesn't make any sense unless you are counting on a big slice of luck.

Especially when origi ihenacho and Carroll are all a transfer back out waitIng to happen
    I'm going to play Capoue TBH
    I wasn't expecting much more than 2 points from Austin this weekend anyway and was already looking at exit plans after

• Advertisement

Option 1

Option 2

If you want Iheanacho then I'd say Option 1 since you're giving him an extra match to pay off the hit(s). Don't see Chambers getting more than 2 points personally

Advertisement