Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tenant experience?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

As a trader are you allowed pick tenants based on their sex and age?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Lux23 wrote: »

Are you allowed to do it? No. Does it happen? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lcwill

Monokne wrote: »
    Apologies for multiple posts in a row, but can I just add I am legitimately astonished at the multiple people who agree on the difficulty of changing a bulb. I am USELESS round the house, but I honestly thought anyone over the age of 10 could change a light bulb! Learn something new every day eh? :)

I once got called by tenants who said the vacuum cleaner was broken - when I got there I discovered they had never changed the bag. It was literally exploding. Still at least it proved they were doing some cleaning (this was a group of 4 male students in early 20s of whom not one knew how to change a plug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Lux23 wrote: »

I don't mean to be dense here, but what exactly are you allowed to pick based on? If you've 20 people offering, are you just meant to pick a name out of a hat???

Incidentally, for the record given I started the thread:

I had in excess of 20 people view the place on Monday. Every single one made me offers, some well above the asking price. I was unaware how desperate people were for somewhere to rent.

I had every profile - young couples, young singles, older couples, older singles, people with kids, people without, people on the HAP scheme and not working and professionals with money to burn (judging by the figures offered me!). Must admit it was a wrench going through the whole process as a lot of people were quite desperate and obviously I could only choose one!

In the end I picked a young couple - late 20's, early 30's, living in Ireland the past few years. They seemed quite house proud and I just felt I clicked with them and we might get on reasonably well. I was forthright with rules and expectations. I worked in recruitment for a few years and one thing I learned is people can blag their way through an interview and turn out to be completely different to what they sold you, so there is no guarantees I picked well. But I am happy with my decision and a couple of posts in this thread helped me along the way, so thanks folks. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement