Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Plates and running cable

Options
  • 03-12-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi was looking for some advice.
    My broadband enters the main living room (Virgin media ) I then have it connected to my own router , there's a PC , a phone and a wifi extender. It's starting to look like star trek in main room.
    I then have an extender to pass network to back room and a PC.

I must say I'm getting really tired of drops outs on extender, while they work great most of time they do drop out.

I wanted to pepper the rooms with Ethernet faceplates and run cables so I can pick up conection in rooms and possibly move the entry point of the broadband and router upstairs to my room where I intend to add some more network gear and de clutter the living room

Thing is I'm a bit rubbish at diy , would am electrician do this type of work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 slyp98

anyone with cabling or telephone / upc /Bt /vodafone experience , check facebook for your local area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Currently cabling half the house because floors were up. With plans to do the rest on a room by room ad hock basis. I'm putting in a full switch & patch setup.

Honestly, check out youtube, practice a little & take your time.

Advertisement