Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty: Order date VS Delivery Date

Options
  • 03-12-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭

I ordered a tv from Littlewoods online on 25-11-15 and it was delivered 10-12-15

The tv has become faulty last week and the picture wont work.

I rang littlewoods and they tell me the tv is not within warranty.

Seems very unfair that I lose out on 2 weeks warranty from the time I ordered the tv to when it was actually delivered.

Is this the norm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Esse85 wrote: »
    I ordered a tv from Littlewoods online on 25-11-15 and it was delivered 10-12-15

The tv has become faulty last week and the picture wont work.

I rang littlewoods and they tell me the tv is not within warranty.

Seems very unfair that I lose out on 2 weeks warranty from the time I ordered the tv to when it was actually delivered.

Is this the norm?

It would always be from the date you take possession of goods. There's no ambiguity about that.

Remember, you are probably dealing with some person in a call centre who follows a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It doesn't matter. Once it's not damaged you are protected by your consumer rights. The product has to last a reasonable duration. Remind Littlewoods of this. <5 years for a TV is not reasonable IMO (more depending on brand/quality)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Thanks.

From being passed around like pass the parcel for 45 mins to a UK number and having to repeat my details/story to everyone I spoke with I've given up for today and will try again Monday.

I expected more from a 55" LG TV and definitely expected better customer service from Little woods, I'll keep this thread updated.

As I say, once it's not damaged this is a slam dunk case in the Small Claims Court. Littlewoods are trying to fob you off in the hope that you don't follow it up - you'd be surprised (saddened more like) at how often people don't pursue these kind of things.

Familiarise yourself with your consumer rights and share your knowledge with them. If they still give you the run around, post back here and I'm sure there'll be plenty willing to offer advise

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Registered letter to head office, remind them of your rights under the Sale of Goods act. Usually shows them you're serious and dodges the front line of fodder representatives.

• Advertisement

Any update, OP?

theteal wrote: »
    Any update, OP?

After another passed around the UK phone call, I argued that a 55" LG TV should not pack in within twelve months. I messaged littlewoods on Facebook and asked what the warranty policy was, I asked does it start from when the TV was ordered or when it was delivered to me (2 weeks later), he confirmed the latter.

I have requested it to be sent back for repair or replacement, I was told it would be collected within 3 working days, I rang on the 4th to say it hadn't been collected and was told it may take up to ten working days.

I had to wrap it up in bubble wrap and stick cardboard to it as I don't have original box. Really annoying not having the TV since it packed in, having to wait up to ten days for collection, then whatever the wait is for repair and to be sent back, I won't ever be buying from Little woods again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK, time to stop being nice. Waiting up to 10 days for collection is not acceptable.

Forget about warranty. Your consumer rights are stronger and this is what you need to invoke.

Write them a registered letter giving them XX working days (something reasonable) to resolve the issue, through repair, replacement or refund under the rights of the Consumer Act. If not, you will lodge a claim in the Small Claims Court. Send the letter via registered post, but you can also send a copy via email as well to give them advance warning

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

The BBC Watchdog programme will also help....

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

edunne2010 wrote: »
    The BBC Watchdog programme will also help....

In Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

It's worth a try.... Littlewoods is a UK company... send a message via their facebook page and see what happens.. Hope this helps...

edunne2010 wrote: »
    It's worth a try.... Littlewoods is a UK company... send a message via their facebook page and see what happens.. Hope this helps...

They have no interest in Irish audiences. Waste of time/effort.

Littlewoods acknowledged on the 3-Dec that the TV was to be collected, still not collected.

Most furiating thing ringing up is having to wait ages, being passed around and being told different things from who your speaking with, and just about everything else.

TV has been collected by the courier today.

I3 days it took

I rang Little woods asking for an update. My TV was collected on I6th Dec.

Person told me I'd get a refund within 28 days, I asked what was the fault with the TV, she couldn't tell me, I said the TV is out of action since end of Nov, now I've to wait potentially 28 days before I get my refund to purchase another TV. I asked how I'd be notified when I get the refund, she said by text message, I don't even know if they have my bank/card details to issue the refund.

I'm appalled with their customer service to date, how can I escalate this or am I wasting my time.

The fact I'd to chase them up again and they can't tell me why the TV packed in is ridiculous.

Just wrote this on their facebook page.

Hi Littlewoods,

I just wanted a response from yourselves and to share the appalling after care service I've had with Littlewoods.

I purchased a 55"LG tv in Nov 2015, the tv packed in less than 12 months later, your customer care rep initially told me I wasn't within warranty, I had to argue and issue him my rights before it was decided I was within the 12 month warranty.

It was decided the tv would be picked up and returned to Littlewoods, this took 2 weeks and was finally picked up on Dec 16th. I've been without a tv since then, that's right all over Xmas.

Today I rang for an update and was told I'd get a refund in the next 28 days, so do I have to wait another 28 days until ye refund me and I can then go and buy another tv? (Littlewoods hadn't the courtesy to update me, I had to chase up)

I asked why the tv packed in after 12 months and your customer care rep couldn't even tell me. I was told I'd be notified by text message about the refund. Do ye even have my bank details?

That service described above is totally unprofessional and not acceptable from Littlewoods. When I eventually get my refund, do Littlewoods honestly expect me to purchase another 55" tv from ye?

I would like a response from a senior supervisor please.

Regards,
    xxxx
    Acc No: 1234567

P.S I'm still without a tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Havent read the thread so sorry if I repeat points already raised.

No such thing as a 12 month warranty, the TV is retailers responsibility for a 'reasonable' length of time. Two years would be an absolute minimum IMO.

Littlewoods have to offer you a solution without significant inconvenience. Get on to them and tell them they are in breach of Irish consumer law. Their Facebook page would be ideal.

Littlewoods are utter and complete rubbish. Vote with your feet and don't use them again.

Littlewoods have to offer you a solution without significant inconvenience.

Their solution is to issue me a refund within 28 days.
    I've been without a working TV a month now. I feel having to wait potentially up to a further 28 days unacceptable.

I will await their Facebook response.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Their solution is to issue me a refund within 28 days.
    I've been without a working TV a month now.

I don't find this solution acceptable, I will await their Facebook response.

I'd forward the argument that is causing you some inconvenience :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

At lest your getting a refund and they agreed to a refund ha.

Look at my case with power city on my LG TV I had to open a case with the small claims court to get my money back and they never replied to the case as well :P.

Now when the courts reopen next week I finally will start to get my 1100 euros back from them it took time but I will get it.

In the mean time I have bought my replacement TV a panasonic-tx-58dx802b fantasic TV and a different kettle of fish compare to the the LG uf770. The main thing about it is that it works ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

In the ops case he/she was willing to accept a repair/replacement/refund, in your case trustedapple Powercity offered repair (as is their right) and you have rejected this. I wouldn't be absolutely certain if I were you that you are going to get your money back, Powercity complied with consumer law and when their time comes, you can be sure they will say precisely that. "We offered to fix the TV, the buyer rejected that offer".

Apart from the inconvenience of not having a TV for too long, the op has got a good result, full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

The seller gets to pick repair or refund you might find you will have 2 TVs no refund. To the op I think littlewoods may just refund you credit on to your account hence why they didn't need you bank details

davo10 wrote: »
    In the ops case he/she was willing to accept a repair/replacement/refund, in your case trustedapple Powercity offered repair (as is their right) and you have rejected this. I wouldn't be absolutely certain if I were you that you are going to get your money back, Powercity complied with consumer law and when their time comes, you can be sure they will say precisely that. "We offered to fix the TV, the buyer rejected that offer".

Apart from the inconvenience of not having a TV for too long, the op has got a good result, full refund.

But in my case the same repair was already carried out and i refused to have it repaired again as the power board main board and the TV cracking twice in less then 16 months proves the repair was not final and under law you have a case when a repair was not final.

I also have proof in black and white from the repair man that power city sent out in his report that the TV cant be fixed .....

They also said that we are only doing this repair in good will for you and we did not have to repair the TV as its 4 months out of warranty.

this should be a permanent repair and the problem should not reoccur. If the same fault occurs again, then you should be entitled to a replacement or refund. If you are not happy with the retailer’s offer to repair the item, you can say no - but if you do this, you may have to use the Small Claims process if you want to take the matter further.
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods#1
    From the government dept.

This is what i was told to by the dept and the small claims court have seen the emails that where sent between me and power city and are shocked with it. Due to the fact I did offer them money towards a replacement and they still refused. I have in a email from Darren in power city saying go on go on bring us to court. Yah great customer service there ......

As its not about the money as 1200 on my TV is notting to me its about proving a point don't treat people who buy things from you like crap when you have a issue and try to blame me on breaking the TV. Magically My ps4 pro, xbox one s and MacBook retina all magically work perfect on my new Panasonic ..... and not getting a grey screen of death on the LG with strange clicking sounds ....

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

Your right they don't have the right to repair a second time

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

But in my case the same repair was already carried out and i refused to have it repaired again as the power board main board and the TV cracking twice in less then 16 months proves the repair was not final and under law you have a case when a repair was not final.

I also have proof in black and white from the repair man that power city sent out in his report that the TV cant be fixed .....
    If you can prove that the exact same part failed again, you'll be good, otherwise refusing the repair could be held against you, and the case could go to the sellers favour.

the_syco wrote: »
    If you can prove that the exact same part failed again, you'll be good, otherwise refusing the repair could be held against you, and the case could go to the sellers favour.

I can prove it I have proof of the 1st repair taking place. For the TV frame, TV stand and main board been changed.

The 2nd repair the TV frame, TV stand, main board and power board are the parts that need be changed. To me just add in a panel that's a new TV that there building.

As I said before in my own thread power city said to me they never got the 1st letter I sent to them before opening the small claim case. I still don't know how you don't get a reg post letter signed by the person who I sent it to eg Darren...

The TV was collected the I6th Dec

I rang this morning asking can they confirm they received the TV and asking to know what's the latest.

They said they can't confirm it was received as I have to allow up to 28 days for this.
    I asked whether the TV will be repaired and sent back to me or I'll receive credit/refund, again they couldn't answer.
    Appallingly bad from Littlewoods.

I have been without my workin LGg 55" TV since end of November.

You may wish to ask, ever so politely, for the details of their registration in Ireland as you need to know where to send the summons. 90% of the time it's be called for bull**** but occasionally it'll work. It's also useful to have if you do need to go down the Small claims procedure route, which I would have done by now.

DHL rang me today saying they were coming to collect something and return it on behalf of Littlewoods WTF?

This was collected on Dec I6th

The are a shambles of a company.

• Advertisement

Seems to be a common issue with various collection/returns software in use by companies to re-request the pickup forever. I had DHL Express phoning me every morning for two weeks looking for the faulty part from a component DellEMC had sent to the wrong address and I never even got because they were sent a new order every morning.

Advertisement