Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App to Save Time Organising Group Activities - Would really appreciate feedback

Options
  • 03-12-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey Everybody,

My sister and I spent a year developing this app and I would really appreciate any feedback from the community - we are now at the stage where we are trying to get as many suggestions and criticisms as we can from people to make the app better.

http://www.chawkapp.com

Hope it's not spammy - we would really like to have a discussion here with people and are not just dropping the link and running.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

Hey Everybody,

My sister and I spent a year developing this app and I would really appreciate any feedback from the community - we are now at the stage where we are trying to get as many suggestions and criticisms as we can from people to make the app better.

http://www.chawkapp.com

Hope it's not spammy - we would really like to have a discussion here with people and are not just dropping the link and running.

Thanks

This is funny as I spotted your app recently - maybe on Product Hunt - and I just presumed it was US-made!

My initial thoughts were that you might be trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist? I am just not sure if people have that much difficulty arranging group activities. There are so many options for doing so also. Between Facebook, WhatsApp and good old fashioned email, surely it doesn't take much to arrange an event or get-together? You are also trying to change user behaviour, which is also always difficult..

How is the traction?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

I agree with digital guy. Whatsapp groups for various activities have always worked for us and everybody already has the app so easy to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

cmssjone wrote: »
    I agree with digital guy. Whatsapp groups for various activities have always worked for us and everybody already has the app so easy to set up.

Yes and it can sound counterintuitive but having more features can actually make something more complicated overall.

I see a lot of products these days that are solutions looking for a problem, I am keen to develop my own startup and it's something I have to watch for myself when generating ideas.

Advertisement