Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Saturday delivery *urgent*

Options
  • 03-12-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi!
    I am tracking a package sent with an post, today is saturday and tracking says that package is on route to customer from the Dublin depot.

Does it mean that they will attempt delivery TODAY? I desperately need to know as the address is my office address and I would need to go there and wait for it

Customer service is not reachable on SATURDAYS

Any help appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Why don't you ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theluke79

Would love to, but the only AnPost customer care NR I have does not work on SAT

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I had a parcel delivered to me earlier by Anpost. So might get deliver today.

Thanks a mil, I should stand guard in front of the office then....Without a way to talk to anpost I'll just wait til MON

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Yes on route to customer means they will try to deliver today.

Edit-it's quite late though you've probably missed them by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Thankfully An Post staff are human.

You will find that office/commercial premise mail and parcels will not be delivered today as they will know that most will be closed.

Residential deliveries will be made today but not in all areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yes on route to customer means they will try to deliver today.

Not always with anpost, here is a sample of my parcel today, yesterday coming from PORTLAOISE also showed as ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER, seen that with lots of other parcels in the past.

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN 24 02-Dec-16 18:29
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS 01-Dec-16 14:34

Thank you lads!
    LEsson learned, next time a delivery is likely to happen over the WE, I will just send it home

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Exactly as nava says, AP dont have separate displayed codes for "Out for Delivery" and "In Transit". Its all "On route to customer" (Should really be En Route).

Your parcel is on a truck from Athlone/Dublin/Portlaoise to your delivery unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Walter2016 wrote: »
    Thankfully An Post staff are human.

You will find that office/commercial premise mail and parcels will not be delivered today as they will know that most will be closed.

Residential deliveries will be made today but not in all areas.

Unlike the Royal Mail in the UK that tried to deliver my registered post letter to the Tanzania High Commission at 00:48 this morning and then helpfully noted 'no answer at address' :rolleyes::eek:

Advertisement