Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good breakfast/fry places in Dublin?

Options
  • 03-12-2016 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi, my dad and I usually go tk breakfast every Saturday, but the place we went to has been bought by others and is being done over.

So we're looking for new places, we've tried a few in recent weeks, but nothing good enough. So does anyone knw of any places that do a really good fry, I find it's hard to search on the internet for this, because it only returns the kind of restaurants that I think don't do a good fry, whether. In my experience, it's the "posh" kinds of places that just don't d do a fry right, whether its small portions, only half of the right parts, or not cooked the right way. It's the kind of greasy, not well known places that do the best fry.

Preferably in town or south Dublin. If anyone remembers zuccini in blackrock shopping center, or Patrick's on serpentine road, those are the kinds of places we're looking for.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: Moved to the Dublin City forum, you're much more likely to get replies here than in the food forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

Mod note: Moved to the Dublin City forum, you're much more likely to get replies here than in the food forum.

Ok, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

If you have a little time, take the DART to Bray and try the Ocean Bar & Grill on the Esplanade - just across the level crossing from the station.

Best breakfast I've had anywhere in the greater Dublin area!

Serves from 9 to 12 on Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.oceanbarandgrill.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Gerry's on Montague Lane, which runs between Camden St &Harcourt St.
    Best fry-up around imo!

Edit: it's actually Montague Street, I've thought it was Montague Lane for nearly 30 years!

https://m.yelp.ie/biz/gerrys-coffee-shop-dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Brams just past Fairview on the way to Clontarf is a cracker, clean, well cooked and can add Sausages, Pudding or Rashers to your wont.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

dd972 wrote: »
    Brams just past Fairview on the way to Clontarf is a cracker, clean, well cooked and can add Sausages, Pudding or Rashers to your wont.

Fan of Bram's here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Matt the rashers on sundrive road might be worth a look, good old fashioned cafe fry up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

dd972 wrote: »

And another vote for Brams. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭VW 1

Ate in Taco tacos this morning just off dame lane.

Excellent value, great food. At at 11 and didn't need to eat again til 6. Ordered breakfast of champions. Will certainly return.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Speedsie wrote: »
    Gerry's on Montague Lane, which runs between Camden St &Harcourt St.
    Best fry-up around imo!

Edit: it's actually Montague Street, I've thought it was Montague Lane for nearly 30 years!

https://m.yelp.ie/biz/gerrys-coffee-shop-dublin

That's all you need to know right there.

Special mention also for Matt the Rashers in kimmage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Woodstock in Phibsboro, serious fry & parking across the road. It's delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, we'll be trying them all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

I used to go to Gerrys every single week. It's a greasy spoon and whilst its good value its not a great breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Turtle_ wrote: »
    And another vote for Brams. Great spot.

It's worthy of an appreciation thread, carvery in The Yacht down the road later on and that's 2/3rds of a perfect day. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

big fan of the starvin marvin fry in Farmer browns in rathmines and bath avenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

big fan of the starvin marvin fry in Farmer browns in rathmines and bath avenue

Absolutely excellent breakfast.

Also another vote for Brams Cafe. It's more of a greasy spoon than Farmer Browns, and the quality of ingredients wouldn't be up to the same standard, but it's a great spot for one of those big dirty greasy frys that you hanker for the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Woodstock in Phibsboro, serious fry & parking across the road. It's delish!

Two Boys Brew around the corner is really good too, little bit up its own arse which I don't like but can't deny the food really is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

North side - but Violet's on Dorset Street has always done a great breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Matt the Rashers definitely. Absolutely fab breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Cafe Sofia, Wexford Street. Friendly, great fry and cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Probably too far out of your way, but if you're ever around Stoneybatter direction there's a cafe there called Cowtown, at the junction of Manor St. and Manor Place. They do a pretty decent full breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

If you are in town, up around the fruit markets up past Mary/Capel Street, would highly recommend Brendan's Coffee Shop.  They do a great fry up.  All toast is always batch bread too, delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

If you can go to the North Circular Road, I recommend the White Moose Cafe,
    Ate there on Saturday last, with the Wife and Child
    Child had pancakes
    wife who never eats fry's had a full Irish, which comes with 2 eggs your way, 2 rasher, 2 sausage, beans, smallrooms, tomato, toast, pudding b&w.
    their menu is online. http://www.charlevillelodge.ie/whitemoosecafe.html
    had the fry this time, but next it will be steak and eggs.
    really tasty.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

rameire wrote: »
    If you can go to the North Circular Road, I recommend the White Moose Cafe,
    Ate there on Saturday last, with the Wife and Child
    Child had pancakes
    wife who never eats fry's had a full Irish, which comes with 2 eggs your way, 2 rasher, 2 sausage, beans, smallrooms, tomato, toast, pudding b&w.
    their menu is online. http://www.charlevillelodge.ie/whitemoosecafe.html
    had the fry this time, but next it will be steak and eggs.
    really tasty.

:)
    I havent been to White Moose, but stay away if you are a vegan, from Brazil or on a GF diet.
    Google is your friend for reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

Speedsie wrote: »
    :)
    I havent been to White Moose, but stay away if you are a vegan, from Brazil or on a GF diet.
    Google is your friend for reasons!

Its an amusing show he has going. But i had heard of the food and it doesnt let you down.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

mackerski wrote: »
    Cafe Sofia, Wexford Street. Friendly, great fry and cheap.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

CPSW wrote: »
    If you are in town, up around the fruit markets up past Mary/Capel Street, would highly recommend Brendan's Coffee Shop.  They do a great fry up.  All toast is always batch bread too, delicious.

I walk by that place regularly & was wondering what it's like. Will check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Riba in Stillorgan village do a very good all day breakfast, it costs ten euros.

Leonardos in Dunlaoghaire is nice too, its near Dunnes on the main street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Another thumbs up for Gerry's on Montague Street. Good fry and friendly (Irish) service. Reasonable prices too for a Dublin café.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement