Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good breakfast/fry places in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Kilkenny on Nassau Street does a great breakfast, surprisingly enough and not bad value either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Speedsie wrote: »
    :)
    I havent been to White Moose, but stay away if you are a vegan, from Brazil or on a GF diet.
    Google is your friend for reasons!

And if you take any of that seriously, you need to visit a chemist for a bottle of Cop on:p
    Food is very good in the place and unlike some other restaurants, deal with your complaint there and then.

Just good luck to you if you threaten to leave a bad review :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Any spots between Pearse St station and the Stephens Green Luas stop, that do a hot brekkie, that would be open at 6.30/6.45am? Time will be of the essence, so I won't be able to do any detours, too far away from my walking route that goes via Westland Row, Nassau St, Kildare St up to Stephens Green. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Any spots between Pearse St station and the Stephens Green Luas stop, that do a hot brekkie, that would be open at 6.30/6.45am? Time will be of the essence, so I won't be able to do any detours, too far away from my walking route that goes via Westland Row, Nassau St, Kildare St up to Stephens Green. Cheers.

At that hour, the only thing open would be the McDonald's on Grafton Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

D Cafe in East Wall is pretty good and fairly cheap; but it has a For Sale sign on it currently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Hobart's Ranelagh..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Doesn't open 'till 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Doesn't open 'till 8.

Centra or spar on Westland Row both open at 6.30, I'd imagine they'd be your best bet for some hot food at that hour in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Brendans as mentioned above stands out among the above list . Cowtown and White moose are the hipster equivalents. Those lovely ladies in there know who their customers are and do serious work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Matt The Rashers. There's one in Kimmage beside Superquinn and one in Clondalkin. If you're afraid of getting a small portion, matts famous breakfast won't disappoint.
    3 sausages, 2 rashers, black and white pudding, 2 eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomato, hashbrown, liver, tea and toast. I swap out the liver for something else. Eggs are always cooked to perfection and always fast service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Probably too far out of your way, but if you're ever around Stoneybatter direction there's a cafe there called Cowtown, at the junction of Manor St. and Manor Place. They do a pretty decent full breakfast.

I love Cowtown. I always make a point (when I am in Dublin for the weekend) of heading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Lovinspoon on Frederick Street sounds like what you're looking for OP.

Best value fry I've found in town. €8:50 for the big one, they aren't stingy with portions and you get everything you could possibly want. Mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Woodstock in Phibsboro, serious fry & parking across the road. It's delish!

Gone seriously down hill in the last few years , instead of putting prices up they keep cutting the quality of the produce. Lost a few key staff members too that were there for years.
    Was a first choice for me 5 years ago is only last resort now

Probably too far out of your way, but if you're ever around Stoneybatter direction there's a cafe there called Cowtown, at the junction of Manor St. and Manor Place. They do a pretty decent full breakfast.

their mixed grill is awesome too if your miss the breakfast and try their lunch menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Speedsie wrote: »
    :)
    I havent been to White Moose, but stay away if you are a vegan, from Brazil or on a GF diet.
    Google is your friend for reasons!
    or if your partner is breast-feeding:)

A bit far north side but if your over for a match/gig in Croker or something , Twenty 2 on Spion hill is probably doing the best breakfast in Dublin right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A bit far north side but if your over for a match/gig in Croker or something , Twenty 2 on Spion hill is probably doing the best breakfast in Dublin right now.

Sion Hill Road

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Standman wrote: »
    Lovinspoon on Frederick Street sounds like what you're looking for OP.

Best value fry I've found in town. €8:50 for the big one, they aren't stingy with portions and you get everything you could possibly want. Mmmm.

I know this is an old thread,but the following recommendation might help someone. On the above recommendation we had breakfast in the Lovinspoon. One of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time. Very busy place, always a good sign. If you like you can place your order when you arrive and they will then seat you. Staff were all very pleasant despite being run off their feet. We went for the big breakfast and what a feed we got for €8.50. It consisted off 2 sausages, 2 bacon, black and white pudding, beans, mushrooms, fried egg served on a freshly cooked pancake, fried tomato and 2 toast. Can't remember if the tea/coffee was extra, think it was. It was all freshly cooked and really tasty. Highlight for me was the pancake. Lots of other usual breakfast options available too. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

€8.50 sounds like a bargain for a large breakfast. Also notable that the price hasn't gone up since it was first posted back in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Muahahaha wrote: »
    €8.50 sounds like a bargain for a large breakfast. Also notable that the price hasn't gone up since it was first posted back in 2016.

That's true. Especially with inflation and vat increase. Real value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Class of 82

Cienciano wrote: »
    Matt The Rashers. There's one in Kimmage beside Superquinn and one in Clondalkin. If you're afraid of getting a small portion, matts famous breakfast won't disappoint.
    3 sausages, 2 rashers, black and white pudding, 2 eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomato, hashbrown, liver, tea and toast. I swap out the liver for something else. Eggs are always cooked to perfection and always fast service.

The liver is the best part! Love the breakfast there.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

With testimonials like this on their site, who wouldn't want to go there :)
    Customer Reviews

"This is sample review from a sample source." -- Sample Client, Location

"This is another sample review from another sample source." -- Sample Client, Location

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Truly Scrumptious in Rathfarnham is my fave brekkie in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The liver is the best part! Love the breakfast there.

Ever tried Monto a few doors up? I've only ever gone there, never Matts.... should I be opting for there in future? :D

Advertisement