Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Account

Options
  • 03-12-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I received a letter from BOI stating that my graduate account was moving to a personal current account. Bear in mind, I have no recollection of opening an account with you but as the letter is from  the Branch at UCC I am assuming I probably opened it during freshers week (about 8 years ago at this stage), when the various banks were present trying to get people to open accounts. In all that time I have never had correspondence  from BOI and now suddenly I get this letter. I will not have time during the week to get to the bank to close this account, what are my options. I am really annoyed that BOI have never contacted me before this. Surely I should have received new ATM cards in this time, which would have alerted me to the fact that I do have an account with you. I just find it a bit strange... 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rioghain

I should add, I don't have a debit card, and I don't know ant details of the account, such as the account number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Rioghain wrote: »
    I received a letter from BOI stating that my graduate account was moving to a personal current account. Bear in mind, I have no recollection of opening an account with you but as the letter is from  the Branch at UCC I am assuming I probably opened it during freshers week (about 8 years ago at this stage), when the various banks were present trying to get people to open accounts. In all that time I have never had correspondence  from BOI and now suddenly I get this letter. I will not have time during the week to get to the bank to close this account, what are my options. I am really annoyed that BOI have never contacted me before this. Surely I should have received new ATM cards in this time, which would have alerted me to the fact that I do have an account with you. I just find it a bit strange... 
    Hi Rioghain,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

If you'd like us to arrange a call from the branch, to clarify when the account was opened and why you haven't received any statements or correspondence until now, please send us a private message with your full name and first line of your address. To send us a private message, please click the link under my signature. If you cannot see a link, you'll need to go to your control panel settings on Boards to set signatures to display. 

Thanks
    Tara O

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rioghain

I was able to get through eventually to a rep on the phone, so the query has been dealt with. Thanks

Advertisement