Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City vs Chelsea

• 03-12-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Big enough game deserves a thread. I think a draw and we will all be happy. Good game so far bit of bite in it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Harsh yellow???

Bit of a lunge but dangerous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Good call by the linesman. What's hazard doing squaring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It is swiftly becoming a non-contact sport.
    Yellow cards for nothing of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The ref Bottled it big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

niallo27 wrote: »
    Big enough game deserves a thread. I think a draw and we will all be happy. Good game so far bit of bite in it.

Not even Chelsea and City heads can be bothered to start a dedicated match thread.

The ref is having a 'mare.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Luiz should be off for that.

I don't think there was enough contact there myself. He hardly touched him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He brushed against him. Nothing in it. If Aguero wasn't such a wimp, he could've stayed up and easily reached the ball.

Hazard got clipped on a counter 20 seconds later and stayed up and created a 4 on 3 chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

That was blatant obstruction. Not much in the contact. But the intent was definitely blatant. On the face of the contact it would look a harsh red. But a free there would not have been equal to the opportunity had Agüero not been obstructed.

Ref probably know it was a red if he blew. Would have been a very harsh red.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Think a yellow would have been enough for Luiz. Ref is cat anyway.
    Silva taking down Hazard should have been yellow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That was blatant obstruction. Not much in the contact. But the intent was definitely blatant. On the face of the contact it would look a harsh red. But a free there would not have been equal to the opportunity had Agüero not been obstructed.
    Shocking decision by the referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

There is absolutely no stand out Referee in the english game these days, they are all similarly poor.

astradave wrote: »
    There is absolutely no stand out Referee in the english game these days, they are all similarly poor.
    Agreed. However, Taylor seems particularly poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What is Martin Tyler paid for if he's not aware of the rules of the game? It's been months now, being the last man does not mean it's a red card any more. Dire commentator.

What a finish by Cahill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

City have been so dangerous from that side all game. Bizarre attempt to clear from Cahill though

GET IN!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Great finish

What is Martin Tyler paid for if he's not aware of the rules of the game? It's been months now, being the last man does not mean it's a red card any more. Dire commentator.

Thought that was only if pen is given.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The last man generally means that it's a clear goal scoring opportunity. On this occasion they were one and the same. There was no covering player.

That's a different rule again.

Deservedly ahead AT HT. Could be along second half though.

Not as far as I can tell.
    Jayop wrote: »
    The last man generally means that it's a clear goal scoring opportunity. On this occasion they were one and the same. There was no covering player.

I wasn't arguing that there was a covering player. The fact is unless it's violent, it's not a red card.

blueser wrote: »
    Deservedly ahead AT HT. Could be along second half though.

Yeah on the balance of play the score is right.

Agreed. He should be off. If it happens in the penalty area, it's only a yellow card as the attacking team gets a penalty, therefore a goalscoring opportunity hasn't been denied.

I wasn't arguing that there was a covering player. The fact is unless it's violent, it's not a red card.

No that rule you refer to is only in the penalty box. That was to avoid the double punishment of the giving a penalty and a red card for a non violent foul. Outside the box its still a red for a clear goal scoring opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Was surprised to see Conte didn't change their formation with Fabregas taking Matic's spot in midfield. Home win all day.

Plus I think it is still red if it's a deliberate foul which this would have been. I don't know tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

A definite red there for me on David Luiz, definitely denied a goal scoring opportunity. There was definite contact, not as much as I initially thought but based on the way the game is refereed these days than it's a free and a red.

The referee by his body language looked like he was going to blow up for a free and then realised that he would have to give a red so early in the game, so he didn't blow for the free and effectively bottled a big decision. Seems the norm for most matches these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If Chelsea had attacked quickly after Luiz should be off, city had 5 players around the ref. Could have been very much caught out!

The more you see it, the more laughable the Luiz (non)decision is. He clearly alters his stride pattern to impede Kun.

No that rule you refer to is only in the penalty box. That was to avoid the double punishment of the giving a penalty and a red card for a non violent foul. Outside the box its still a red for a clear goal scoring opportunity.

You may well be right, I thought it was a blanket change rather than just within the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Aguero needs to be stronger there. Very poor from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Fabregas non-existent.

• Advertisement

DeBruyne messed that up, should have hit it first time. gave Courtois way to much time to get into position

You may well be right, I thought it was a blanket change rather than just within the box.
    No. Only if the foul occurs outside the box. As far as I am aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Chelsea are shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Cahill is pure useless.

I wonder whether he will get the slaughtering in the media that David Luiz would receive had he put in a similar performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cahill is pure useless.

I wonder whether he will get the slaughtering in the media that David Luiz would receive had he put in a similar performance.

English, doesnt happen unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What a miss :pac:

Jesus

What a miss. Brill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Hahaha what a miss

It would only have been funnier if he even missed the bar.

How the fcuk did Kev miss that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Reflex save by the cross bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Chelsea all over the place.

Great goal. Horrific defending.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement