Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City vs Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

niallo27 wrote: »
    Have another look. It was hilarious. He was pushed about 3 seconds before just throwing himself over the barrier. I have no agenda here either I just thought it was hilarious.

Ye I didn't quite see it like that. He saw the barrier coming all the way, yes, and he was waiting for it. But he showed patience I thought, he didn't actually throw himself over it, he didn't have to. Was excellent gamesmanship if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Missed the end but one of the best big games I've seen in a while.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Im sure you could get 2 still photos of bad challenges on literally every single human that has played football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

City are sore losers to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im sure you could get 2 still photos of bad challenges on literally every single human that has played football

So he does have history and with Luiz too.

He was probably pi**ed he didnt get his free in the first half but that tackle is as bad as any youre likely to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus City fans are a bit precious. He does have a history of horrible challenges on Luiz and has mostly got away with them. Nothing controversial saying that.

Also Fabregas was shoved in the neck multiple times without reacting.

Nothing agenda driven there in those opinions at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Alternatively, you just ran into a couple of assholes.

The more I see that Bravo goal, the more you have to bame him. Its not in the corner by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Managers at the top of the league get away with things like that where as the mid table managers get ****ed over. That's just the way it is.

Mate stick to your annual battle for 6th place and let the rest of us worry about the big clubs managers getting ****ed over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pep is too classy a guy to associate himself with such stuff though so will get a free pass. That sarcastic applause to the ref was worse than Jose kicking a water bottle last week too

If he was applauding the ref then he needs a ban/fine imo. Trouble is it being pep he could just as easily have being applauding his players. We only saw a snippet of it and assumed it because of x. (Which I think it was)

Henry (?) actually got booked once for applauding a team mate. Pep shouts and adulates his players regardless of scoreline. He lost the head at David villa for trying a flick when they few moments away from beating man Utd 3-1. Last season there was a game Bayern won and he proceeded to give Kimmich and earful then a hug and possibly a kiss.

Tl;dr he's an eccentric character

Luiz is standing anyway, thats a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

adox wrote: »
    Jaysus City fans are a bit precious. He does have a history of horrible challenges on Luiz and has mostly got away with them. Nothing controversial saying that.

That's fair enough but did you seem him falling over the barrier.

So he does have history and with Luiz too.

He was probably pi**ed he didnt get his free in the first half but that tackle is as bad as any youre likely to see.

Yes, you are spot on with the second point. But how many game have they played against each other? Chelsea City, PSG, City, Brazil Argentina, they play directly against each other too, Aguero was completely out of order there, no defending it but he plays football the right way 99% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Turtwig wrote: »
    If he was applauding the ref then he needs a ban/fine imo. Trouble is it being pep he could just as easily have being applauding his players. We only saw a snippet of it and assumed it because of x. (Which I think it was)

Henry (?) actually got booked once for applauding a team mate. Pep shouts and adulates his players regardless of scoreline. He lost the head at David villa for trying a flick when they few moments away from beating man Utd 3-1. Last season there was a game Bayern won and he proceeded to give Kimmich and earful then a hug and possibly a kiss.

Tl;dr he's an eccentric character

It was definitely directed at the referee. He gave a handball in front of the dugout after ignoring a few City calls throughout. Pretty sure you can see him mouth "well done ref" or words to that effect too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

PAY-Aguero.jpg

There's another.

Nasty elbow on Winston Reid too. He has history, especially when things aren't going his way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

adox wrote: »

Maybe he didn't know it was there, stood on it and happened to fall over it awkwardly/comically?

I for one enjoyed the bust up at the end. Bit of passion back in the game. Obviously not including ageuros tackle as that was cowardly.

City losing the plot at the end reminded me of the Spurs game last season. Hope Luiz will be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Class interview from Luiz there to be fair to him.

Augero is a nasty piece of work
    The pep project is not going well, wonder will the media actual criticism him? Probably not

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Augero is nasty piece of work
    The pep project is not going well, wonder will the media actual criticism him? Probably not

Well in fairness Jose was immune to a lot of media criticism as well when he first came. They won't be long in turning against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Classy from Luiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

astradave wrote: »
    Got chelsea at half time for 10/1

Hope you put more than a good few quid on that

Well in fairness Jose was immune to a lot of media criticism as well when he first came. They won't be long in turning against him.

Who's talking about Jose? I'm talking about pep

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Pep interview on the way. This should be comical 😂

Jose is probably crying in some corner after watching that.

To Alcohol wrote: »

Im betting hes rustled.

Can't say city project ain't going well. De bruyne (or insert opportunity here) scores and it's a very different game.

Touch of class by Luiz there. Shreeves of course ruined it by asking Costa a question he knew luiz would have to translate. Given that sentiment Luiz had just expressed I thought that was a bit fecked up.

Who's talking about Jose? I'm talking about pep

They have similar egos. I was just saying that the media seem to give these managers a free pass for the first season or so.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Can't say city project ain't going well. De bruyne (or insert opportunity here) scores and it's a very different game.

Touch of class by Luiz there. Shreeves of course ruined it by asking Costa a question he knew luiz would have to translate. Given that sentiment Luiz had just expressed I thought that was a bit fecked up.

Shreeves is the king of asking the stupidest questions you can imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Pep came across very very well there. No histrionics, no slagging off of the ref, congratulated Chelsea on their win.

They have similar egos. I was just saying that the media seem to give these managers a free pass for the first season or so.

Same with klopp so?
    Just sayin ;)

PAY-Aguero.jpg

There's another.

Nasty elbow on Winston Reid too. He has history, especially when things aren't going his way.

It's the worst part of his game
    Great striker, but he has always had a nasty side

Same with klopp so?
    Just sayin ;)

No your right. Klopp is golden for the season no matter if it all goes tits up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Just seen the incident there myself, was hilarious. Fernandinho well deserved to get sent off for the pushing into the neck of Fabregas, but the way Fabregas fell over the advertising hoarding was comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Duck Soup wrote: »

Why did he put his hand around his throat the second time? Brainless!

Jaysus christ, just watched that tackle again at full speed
    Could have easily broke Luizs leg

Duck Soup wrote: »

He actually looked behind him to see the barrier coming then ****ed himself over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Niall trying to turn a Chelsea vs city thread into a conversation about united for some reason. That's a few posts now.

I'd it any wonder people get pissed off reading that crap.

Anyway delighted city got beat. Even happier to see Aguero getting a deserved red. The challenge on Pedro in the first half was intended to hurt him too. Has a big history of these type of incidents like a lot of strikers tend to have.

Arsenal must be delighted to have two of their main players out for their game.

Pep should be banned too and city will get a huge fine for supporters coming onto the pitch with the intention of getting involved in the row.

Really enjoyed the game and the row was the icing on the cake. Also agree with Neville that you have to defend your team mates against tackles like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If Luiz leg is planted his leg is broke.

Yep it's disgusting. Hefty ban needed.

Jayop wrote: »
    Niall trying to turn a Chelsea vs city thread into a conversation about united for some reason. That's a few posts now.

I'd it any wonder people get pissed off reading that crap.

Anyway delighted city got beat. Even happier to see Aguero getting a deserved red. The challenge on Pedro in the first half was intended to hurt him too. Has a big history of these type of incidents like a lot of strikers tend to have.

Arsenal must be delighted to have two of their main players out for their game.

Pep should be banned too and city will get a huge fine for supporters coming onto the pitch with the intention of getting involved in the row.

Really enjoyed the game and the row was the icing on the cake. Also agree with Neville that you have to defend your team mates against tackles like that.

When did I mention United. I couldn't understand what you said after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Looked like it was his intension to do so.

Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just seen the incident there myself, was hilarious. Fernandinho well deserved to get sent off for the pushing into the neck of Fabregas, but the way Fabregas fell over the advertising hoarding was comical.
    You can actually see Fabregas looking to see where the hoarding is. But Dinho was idiotic to take the bait of the slap to the face. Hopefully, he'll learn from this. He'll be a big loss for us, arguably more so than Kun, who hasn't really played that well for us this season. Dinho has been immense for us.
    :(

• Advertisement

Full speed it becomes more horrific.

Thankfully he doesnt look injured and now the dust has settled, thats all you could hope for.

However, for Chelsea and teams playing against Chelsea, over loading on Cahills side is the way forward.

he was woefully exposed on that side nearly every time City attacked.

garra wrote: »
    So that means 3 game bans for Aguero and Fernandinho then? After the fighting they wont be appealing those bans you would assume.

From The Guardian: "As for Agüero, he can expect a four-game ban as this is his second such suspension of the season."

Hes back for the Liverpool game so.

Hes back for the Liverpool game so.

Any hope it will be worse it was so bad

Any hope it will be worse it was so bad

I assumed it was only going to be a 3 game ban, forgetting his earlier ban for a straight red.

City cant afford to have him missing 7 games of a season through suspension either.

Part of me would love for it to be doubled up to a 6 game ban as he went in to do serious harm to Luiz but what would save him from any more punishment is he didnt get involved in the afters, had he got up pushing and shoving players it could have been worse.

He knew straight away what he had done. Citys strength isnt at CF anymore, iheanacho (sp) is a fine young talent but hes no Aguero.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement