Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City vs Chelsea

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Jayop wrote: »
    Niall trying to turn a Chelsea vs city thread into a conversation about united for some reason. That's a few posts now.

I'd it any wonder people get pissed off reading that crap.

Anyway delighted city got beat. Even happier to see Aguero getting a deserved red. The challenge on Pedro in the first half was intended to hurt him too. Has a big history of these type of incidents like a lot of strikers tend to have.

Arsenal must be delighted to have two of their main players out for their game.

Pep should be banned too and city will get a huge fine for supporters coming onto the pitch with the intention of getting involved in the row.

Really enjoyed the game and the row was the icing on the cake. Also agree with Neville that you have to defend your team mates against tackles like that.

"I'd it any wonder people get pissed off reading that crap.!
    top of the league and just don't care! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    didnt get involved in the afters, had he got up pushing and shoving players it could have been worse.

Chalobah had the frighteners put on him at that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jaysus christ, just watched that tackle again at full speed
    Could have easily broke Luizs leg

Full speed it becomes more horrific.

Thankfully he doesnt look injured and now the dust has settled, thats all you could hope for.

However, for Chelsea and teams playing against Chelsea, over loading on Cahills side is the way forward.

he was woefully exposed on that side nearly every time City attacked.

I think that's more to do with Matic not playing. Fabregas did well enough and was tenacious in pressing City today but he left loads of gaps when City had the ball in the final third. Matic is usually providing cover for both Cahill and Alonso. They both seem to panic when they know the cover ain't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Not sure if anyone has said it but it was very very similar to Keano's legacy on Haaland.

He should also receive an 8 game ban, it's only fair..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why Fabergas threw himself over. Fabergas should be done for that.

Learn how to spell man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

blueser wrote: »
    You can actually see Fabregas looking to see where the hoarding is. But Dinho was idiotic to take the bait of the slap to the face. Hopefully, he'll learn from this. He'll be a big loss for us, arguably more so than Kun, who hasn't really played that well for us this season. Dinho has been immense for us.
    :(

Think that slap was after Dinho put his hand around his throat the first time.

The slap didn't look too bad to me, more of a don't get involved then an aggressive one. But it's hard to know what he said, Fabregas does have a penchant for the dark arts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    The slap didn't look too bad to me, more of a don't get involved then an aggressive one. But it's hard to know what he said, Fabregas does have a penchant for the dark arts.

Ya, he can be very narky when he wants to be himself.

Not as bad as choking a fella but still petty.

Theres no way taylor seen Cesc slap him anyway so it could be a retrospective ban for Cesc.

Chalobah is away scot free though. :pac:

I'd have no problem with Fabregas getting a ban if the footage showed he instigated it, but Chalobah was fair enough. Pushing for me isn't violent conduct, and I think most players would react the same if they saw their team mate on the receiving end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd have no problem with Fabregas getting a ban if the footage showed he instigated it, but Chalobah was fair enough. Pushing for me isn't violent conduct, and I think most players would react the same if they saw their team mate on the receiving end.

Depends, Matic was sent off against Burnley 2 seasons ago when his leg was nearly taken off and he got up and pushed over the player.

FA reduced the ban I think by a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Fabregas properly trolled Fernandinho in that incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just seeing that on MOTD after the challenge was handbags but that ref lost it all, seemed to have a bad game, and Cesc being called out on MOTD for his acting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

How did Luiz not get sent off in the first half for taking out Aguero and the Gundogan challenge looked a certain penalty.
    Shocking tackle by Aguero and Fenandinho deserved to go but Fabregas should be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

You can't put your hands on another players neck twice, and then push him backwards. Game was over no need for it.

Also how bizarre of Gary loser Neville to say that's it's ok to get stuck in like that. Now City have lost 2 players and whatever else comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Just saw David luiz on ssn. His left knee is iced up but that's not the knee aguero tried to remove with his crazy lunge. his right knee looks fine. Hmmmmm.

hadepsx wrote: »
    Just saw David luiz on ssn. His left knee is iced up but that's not the knee aguero tried to remove with his crazy lunge. his right knee looks fine. Hmmmmm.

Look at it again, it is a horror tackle his boot makes contact with the right leg but Luiz's left leg takes the most impact of Agüero's body weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Is there history between Aguero and Luiz? Trying to figure out why Aguero would go in like that with the game beyond salvation.

Could have been pure frustration. The ref had an absolute shocker, gave City nothing all game and Luiz should have sent off in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Points deducted from both teams seems fair and ban Aguero for 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

hadepsx wrote: »
    Look at it again, it is a horror tackle his boot makes contact with the right leg but Luiz's left leg takes the most impact of Agüero's body weight

Yeah, his left leg is caught between Aguero's legs as Aguero lands on the ground. So Luiz is lucky that he only injured 1 leg. That tackle could have injured both legs!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

tanko wrote: »
    How did Luiz not get sent off in the first half for taking out Aguero and the Gundogan challenge looked a certain penalty.
    Shocking tackle by Aguero and Fenandinho deserved to go but Fabregas should be ashamed of himself.

Are you mad? I'll agree that luiz could have went but Aguero was looking for it too but kante's tackle on Gundigan was spot on. I actually haven't even heard anyone else even question it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement