Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bikes accurate apps?

Options
  • 03-12-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Does anybody know a good accurate app to use for Dublin bikes? I want to use such an app to be able to check where the bikes are available and where there are free spots to return a bike, while I'm out and about.

I have two such apps on my mobile but if I check them against the website, the data they show is completely wrong.

On my mobile I can go to the Dublin bikes website but I can't seem to get data for a particular station, without being able to use a mouse.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I posted about this in the off-topic thread, but some students are undertaking a survey into the Dublin Bike scheme with a view to helping redesign the official Dublin Bike App.

Click here if you would like to help out with the survey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The official app has been pretty much accurate for me on my recent trips. I use it to find a station with bikes and have a look at the general area where I'm going (to gauge 10 minutes worth of space)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xabi_a

OK thanks, turns out I had two "unofficial" apps, both called Dublin Bikes, and both pretty useless!

The Coca Cola Zero dublinbikes app seems to be fully accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭flat6

Look for "city bikes ireland" on Google play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.closebracket.bikedroid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

xabi_a wrote: »
    The Coca Cola Zero dublinbikes app seems to be fully accurate.

I use this one as well and find it quite accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

xabi_a wrote: »
    Does anybody know a good accurate app to use for Dublin bikes? I want to use such an app to be able to check where the bikes are available and where there are free spots to return a bike, while I'm out and about.

I have two such apps on my mobile but if I check them against the website, the data they show is completely wrong.

On my mobile I can go to the Dublin bikes website but I can't seem to get data for a particular station, without being able to use a mouse.

Yea, I use the Official Coke App and it seems spot on.

I don't actually think the website gives info on bike availability or did I miss something?

What other apps are out there and what do they do that the official one doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Seve OB wrote: »

I don't actually think the website gives info on bike availability or did I miss something?
    If you click into the station map on the website, you can see bike and stand availability.

Advertisement