Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Nynex/Telecom eireann Alarm - How to set time please?!!

Options
  • 03-12-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi guys,

the builders just disabled our alarm and put it back on the wall. It prompted me to set a new password which was ok but then it asked me for the time. I have the old manual from 1990 no less. But it wont accept the new time. Its going through my Head!

It says to enter time in 4 digits such as 1351 for 1:51pm but it wont accept it. after that I am meant to hit either 1 for AM or 2 for PM but all it says is 'time not changed' or 'time not correct' and 'please set time'.

Any advice?

Cheers,
    Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Just fixed it!

I phoned the phone no. from the manual from 1990. Got through to a guy. Even though the alarm isnt monitored anymore he could hear it in the background and told me what to do to fix it. I expected him to tell me to feck off cos we cancelled the monitoring. Fair play to him.

The fix was to hit '1' five times in a row. This changed the time to 11:11am. Then hit STATUS. then hit OFF.

Thank you, nameless Eircom guy. You made my day. And made me more likely to choose Eircom services in the future.

B

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Eircom don't do alarms any more.

Advertisement