Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled my account and there's issues...

Options
  • 03-12-2016 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

I applied for broadband and was due to have it installed on 10th November. I postponed it for a week due to issues around timing (I'm a college student and was doing this for our shared rental). I then had to cancel entirely before the second appointment around issues to do with payment.

At least I was told I had cancelled by the lady on the phone. But what seems to have happened is the opposite. 

We have no box, no system set up AT ALL, yet I received a text message a few days ago which read: "We've noticed that your eir account usage is quite high. To avoid interruption to your eir services, please contact us to make an advanced payment." 
    This was worrying, as I do not want to be charged for a service I'm not receiving.

I then received an email yesterday telling me my new bill, of €90 is available to view online.

Please help rectify this issue. I cannot afford to be out of pocket for a service I don't even get. 

Thanks,

Adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

I applied for broadband and was due to have it installed on 10th November. I postponed it for a week due to issues around timing (I'm a college student and was doing this for our shared rental). I then had to cancel entirely before the second appointment around issues to do with payment.

At least I was told I had cancelled by the lady on the phone. But what seems to have happened is the opposite. 

We have no box, no system set up AT ALL, yet I received a text message a few days ago which read: "We've noticed that your eir account usage is quite high. To avoid interruption to your eir services, please contact us to make an advanced payment." 
    This was worrying, as I do not want to be charged for a service I'm not receiving.

I then received an email yesterday telling me my new bill, of €90 is available to view online.

Please help rectify this issue. I cannot afford to be out of pocket for a service I don't even get. 

Thanks,

Adam
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]MagicHumanDoll,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, can you PM me your full name & account number & I'll check this for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement