Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc securewave to honeywell ag6 bell box

Options
  • 03-12-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys im in the process of changing my alarm and was wondering what way to connect between ag6 bell box and securewave panel.i have terminals st- r-- sw- v+ and v- in the bell box.also do i leave the resistor between tamper return and saab hold in place on the panel side if i use this type of bellbox.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Id say

St Strobe -
    Sw External -
    V+ External +
    V- BHO
    R Tamper Return in series with the required resistor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 murt07

Thanks kool kid il give that a try tomorrow and see how it goes

Thanks kool kid that worked a treat .at the moment i have the resistor in series in the panel is it better to move it to the bellbox or okay as it is

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Best practice would be to have it end of line at the bell.

Ok cheers for that kool kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Roger11

Hi,

I have a similar issue, I am connecting a Vanderbilt 4320 panel to a HKC SABB external bell box. The HKC bell box comes with a 4.7K tamper resistor fitted and the Vanderbilt panel comes with a 2.2K resistor to be fitted in series with the tamper wire. My question is should I replace the 4.7K resistor with the 2.2K resistor or should both resistors be fitted ?

You need to use the 2.2 k resistor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roger11

Thanks KoolKid. So just use the 2.2K resistor ?

Yes. The panel determines the resistance required , not the bell.

Advertisement