Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rides will be taken

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks like it will be Marvel (Cinematic Universe) vs Capcom, and the Infinity Gems gimmick is back.

Can't beat a game with Gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Who's the gossun at the end. Seems to have a pair of eyes on his chest. Hardly Zemo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I am sad how the Facebook page killed this forum. This thread would have been thriving before, whereas now it only get's a handful of posts. It's so much harder to discuss things over there. ;_;
    </oldman>

My first thought was the guy at the end of the trailer was the last boss from Ghosts n' Goblins. Demon King or whatever. He's got a head in his chest too, but the hair is all wrong.
    I've been seeing some theories floating around that it's a fusion of characters, namely Sigma from Megaman X and Ultron from Marvel.

The stage they showed in the gameplay footage was a mashup of Asgard and the highway stage from Megaman X, so they seem to be doing more on the crossover/mashup side of things this time instead of just putting both universes in the same place with no explanation.

Two more characters are scheduled to be revealed during the ESPN rebroadcast of CapCup tonight, so we should see those in a few hours.

I think the smart money is on "Ultron Sigma". His head looks very like ultimate Ultrons.

• Advertisement

So Cap and Morrigan revealed.

Cap in his MCU costume.

Maybe no more mutants is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

And there I was thinking Infinite was the tagline for MvC3 :pac:

Some interesting insights here. No more picking a character specifically to be an assist (though that seems like more of a team effort than two frontline characters).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Is it not Thanos?
    He has those glowing eyes on his chest.
    537bc6a21256d.jpg

Ultron is right i think......pity, i dont see him as that 'bossy'.
    death_battle__ultron_vs_sigma_by_g_odzilla-d9e8zdw.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The game looks like it could be interesting, but it's not a Marvel game in the traditional sense. It is SFxT2

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The game looks like it could be interesting, but it's not a Marvel game in the traditional sense. It is SFxT2

What is traditional Marvel?

X-Men: Children of the Atom was a six button 1v1 with super moves and super jumps.

Marvel Super Heroes was the same, but with an Infinity Gems gimmick.

X-Men vs Street Fighter was 2v2, with a tag in system and tag supers.

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter was the same.

Marvel vs Capcom still used six buttons, but also had assists for the first time.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 had four buttons for attacks, and easily callable assists on their own button, which were your other teammates.

At some point, push block, cross overs, snap backs and other tools were implemented. Haven't got the time to check when.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom (not Marvel, but still very much a Vs series game) was 2v2, and used a three attack button layout with a dedicated Partner button. Partners could not be called as frequently as before. It introduced the Baroque system and also had higher damage the higher up the stage you went. Introduced Giants to the series.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 was 3v3 with four attack buttons, one being a dedicated launcher button, and two assist buttons. It had TAC counters, and added in X-Factor.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I knew when I used the word traditional that someone would do that. I almost edited the post, but I decided that people would probably get my meaning. Whoops!

Let me be more clear. When I think of Marvel I think of 3v3, assist calling, high combo diversity, hyper jumping, madness. I think of MvC1, MvC2 and 3. I'm pretty sure that would be a lot of people's view but that is of course pure conjecture. When I say Marvel, sue to having played MvC3 for many years, I mean MvCs.

MvCI is more like some of the other games you listed. Closer to something like MSH. That's fine. And I'm actually really glad they didn't call it MvC4, because that would be a pretty big break from convention. I think they knew that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I see these insightful, cautious yet curious analyses and I'm glad some of us have a good head on our shoulders.

But I can't, BECAUSE IT'S MAHVEL BABY!!

PPC wrote: »
    Is it not Thanos?
    He has those glowing eyes on his chest.
    537bc6a21256d.jpg

They're not eyes really, they're buckle thingies

Sorry I changed my mind. It's Annihulus.

cursai wrote: »
    Sorry I changed my mind. It's Annihulus.

Annihilus is FF associated, so is less likely to feature.

Would definitely be a good character to include, but his most recent incarnation looked a bit poo.

tvsa1.jpg

I'll be surprised if it's anyone but Ultron based on, you know, it looking exactly like Ultron :D

I like that they're going with a cinematic story, it needs to have an IJ style one.

Not so sure about the in game stuff leaking out so far. Looks very rough for a game with under 5 months left.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It looks like poo. :(

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It looks like poo. :(

Hopefully they'll lash on a few shaders and the like. All it really needs.

Advertisement