Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy: Remastered

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll buy it because it's cheap but the Crash games are b tier platformers especially the first one. Quite like the third one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looking forward to it. Enjoyed the games immensely when I was younger.

Apparently you can play through all 3 as Coco Bandicoot now, for whatever that's worth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If she controls a little differently it would be a nice bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If she controls a little differently it would be a nice bonus.

No difference in controls or abilities. Think she does a butt-slam rather than a full body-slam and that's basically it. Unique death animations and the like.

I can't wait to play this. Loved the originals and everything I've seen about this remaster shows that they've just nailed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Have this pre-ordered for 40 euro at Smyths. Is there any place where I can find a physical copy at a cheaper price?

• Advertisement

Have this pre-ordered for 40 euro at Smyths. Is there any place where I can find a physical copy at a cheaper price?

Maybe Argos but I doubt it'll be too much cheaper. Likely won't know the price until day of release either.

Penn wrote: »
    No difference in controls or abilities. Think she does a butt-slam rather than a full body-slam and that's basically it. Unique death animations and the like.

I can't wait to play this. Loved the originals and everything I've seen about this remaster shows that they've just nailed it.

Pity. Would be great to have a luigi type character to change it up.

I wonder if the fixed the annoying idle spin I'm the first game. It was updated in the later games.... i think. So many needless deaths over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Coco gameplay...

Just an aesthetic change by the looks of it.

Looks like a really well done remake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll buy it because it's cheap but the Crash games are b tier platformers especially the first one. Quite like the third one though.

40e isn't really cheap though considering what ye can get for that price these days (new games on sale all the time)

SeantheMan wrote: »
    40e isn't really cheap though considering what ye can get for that price these days (new games on sale all the time)

I think the hours it would take to complete the game make up the difference though. The three games and especially the third one, you could put some hours into them even just making half an attempt to collect as many of the non-necessary crystals/gems/relics as you can.

I know I'll probably be a lot better at the game now than way back when just due to experience and better hand-eye co-ordination etc, but from what I remember to get most of the crystals/gems/relics will take a good few attempts at each level, and there's 3 games worth now (including time trials for the first two games where there wasn't before).

I was a bit surprised when I heard the price at first, but I think compared to some of the money I've spent on other games, both new and on sale, I'll get the value from it at that price.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »

40 euro for 2 okay games and one very good game (and the okay ones are still worth playing) with updated graphics, I'd still call that a bargain.

Especially compared to what Activision will likely charge for COD MW remake :D

40 euro for 2 okay games and one very good game (and the okay ones are still worth playing) with updated graphics, I'd still call that a bargain.

Out of interest, which of the three is the one very good game you are referring to? Based on videos I have watched on YouTube and some threads on Reddit, people generally view Crash 2 as being the best of the three.

I'm not sure I agree with that though - I personally thought Warped was far better.

I'm with you, I thought Warped was heaps of fun with some great level design. 2 was a more refined version of the first.

Yeah I preferred Warped as well. Though there is something to be said for the simplicity of CB2.

Yeah I preferred Warped as well. Though there is something to be said for the simplicity of CB2.

I'm looking forward to seeing how both of them fare next week. I never owned the first game growing up, really struggled with it on ePSXe.

I'm looking forward to seeing how both of them fare next week. I never owned the first game growing up, really struggled with it on ePSXe.

I imagine CB1 will be easier than the original anyway just by virtue of the fact it's designed for analog sticks now rather than D-pad only. In fact I think that applies to the second game too, although I don't remember it being as difficult as the first.

The first game had the world's dumbest save system and a idle spin that carried you forward. Fix them please.

Also the bridge levels we god awful gauntlets of dick move design.

The first game had the world's dumbest save system and a idle spin that carried you forward. Fix them please.

Also the bridge levels we god awful gauntlets of dick move design.

Didn't remember the bridge levels, had to check youtube. Yeah... They were not fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm sure it's probably just an error, but I popped into an Argos a few minutes ago and typed the name of the game in to see what price they are selling it at.

It came up at €38.99 and they also had 8 in their stockroom available. From past experience, Argos don't list games that you can't purchase there and then, but I could be wrong on that. I didn't try to purchase it so I'm unsure if it would have worked or something would have popped up on their end telling them not to sell until Friday.

As there's not much hype around this and staff may not be on to it, it may be worth popping into your local Argos and chancing your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its not on the website :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Its not on the website :/

Yep, I checked the website at the same time and it wasn't listed there either. It is probably just an error but I thought it was unusual as I've never seen it in Argos before for yet to be released games.

Here's a picture I took of the computer in Argos. The order code was on the right.

http://imgur.com/a/bEzHX

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What a strange strange promotion...

Crashfidget.png

What a strange strange promotion...

I'd say some bloke in Gamestop's head offices ordered a sh*t-tonne of them without realising they'd go out of fashion so quickly and now they need to offload them.

This is rumoured to be heading to Xbox One.

Not entirely beyond the realm of possibility as Sony do not own any of the rights to the games. Possibly a PC release as well?

I wouldn't be surprised at all to be honest. I hope the game is successful, then with any luck they will make a thorough Crash Team Racing remake with the ability to play online.

Smyths took the money from my account this afternoon, so I'm hoping that I will be playing this come Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

I wouldn't be surprised at all to be honest. I hope the game is successful, then with any luck they will make a thorough Crash Team Racing remake with the ability to play online.

Smyths took the money from my account this afternoon, so I'm hoping that I will be playing this come Friday.

Never mind crash team racing, I want a crash bash remake!

I'd say some bloke in Gamestop's head offices ordered a sh*t-tonne of them without realising they'd go out of fashion so quickly and now they need to offload them.

Lad offered me one when I was in the other day getting a birthday gift for someone. Face like a slapped arse when I declined :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lad offered me one when I was in the other day getting a birthday gift for someone. Face like a slapped arse when I declined :pac:

Sorry mate, I'm not 12 :P

• What a strange strange promotion...

Crashfidget.png

Why?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why?

Just the fact it's such an arbitrary item to give away with it. Sure, Crash spins, the spinner spins. But they're not Crash-themed spinners. They're not linked to the game in any way, and to me anyway really just seems like GS took in a load of fidget spinners and now that they're sold everywhere and everyone is bored of them, GS are now just linking them to the nearest deal for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Advertisement