Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy: Remastered

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Semis they optimised all the crash games. Also made a few changes to the European versions like how the belly flop works in crash 2. It's much less janky than the us version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The game seems to be in stock in Smyth's but, with all the choice out there, €40 for a bunch of games I already own and haven't had enough interest to play in years means it'll inevitably wind up in The Pile.
    Probably wait for it to be discounted, still end up in the stack of unplayed games though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say it will be a while before it's discounted. I can see it being a massive seller.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fup you nostalgia!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had to abandon Crash 1 and switch to Crash 2. Man that first game is tough. That being said it's my own impatience causing me to die so often.

Having a much better time of it with Crash 2 though. Still tough in places, but manageable.

Only real complaint so far is having to watch the intro every time. Really hope they patch it so you can skip it at least once the Vicarious Visions logo has been shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It has just taken me over an hour to get past Native Fortress. They controller just about survived!

A pretty accurate representation of how things used to go when I played this as a kid :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Penn wrote: »
    Had to abandon Crash 1 and switch to Crash 2. Man that first game is tough. That being said it's my own impatience causing me to die so often.

Having a much better time of it with Crash 2 though. Still tough in places, but manageable.

Only real complaint so far is having to watch the intro every time. Really hope they patch it so you can skip it at least once the Vicarious Visions logo has been shown.

Would you not put your ps4 in standby mode?

As I would be lost with out it as so handy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Played it today.

Played the first level, easily completed it. :)
    But..I missed 9 boxes. :(

Restarted the level, there was a 'stopwatch'...ran into it...timer starts...rushing through...died. :(
    Restarted...died. :(
    Restarted...found out where the missing boxes were...tried to jump on each one..died :(
    Died another 10 times :(
    Finally got all 49/49 or whatever it was ...but my time was like 55s.....for time trophy thing..34 or so secs were needed.
    Had to smash all time boxes, this was another 10 or so tries at the level...especially that box bridge...which you should run across when in invici Crash mode..which I didn't realise.
    Finally got it in under 34 and got the trophy. :)
    Seen some guy on the leaderboard had it in 22 or something. :o

Thought about the possibility that I might have to go through the whole game like this (completionist nature for short levels) ...and turned off the PS4.
    I think I'll just complete it first, then re-do for time trials and all boxes later.

Would you not put your ps4 in standby mode?

As I would be lost with out it as so handy

I do if I'm in the house, but I turn everything off at switches if I'm leaving the house

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm bloody ages now trying to get across that rickety old bridge in the clouds with the wild hogs, just like it took me ages in 1996. Damn that level!

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    I'm bloody ages now trying to get across that rickety old bridge in the clouds with the wild hogs, just like it took me ages in 1996. Damn that level!

Those rope bridge levels are just awful. I remember a few months ago when I beat crash 1 screaming at the scream 'this isn't level design it's just horse****!'

superg wrote: »

The bridge itself I don't mind. Just use your shadow as a guide for where you're going to land.

The worst is having to use the turtles in some areas of it. You either flip them too far back to make the jump, or you've been given an Aku Aku mask because the game feels sorry for you which ends up killing the turtle and leaving you with no way across.

Any wait to see the rainy level later on. Still looks fantastic on ps1 so I hope they did it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I don't like the first one, no surprise. Gonna skip ahead to 2/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭klose

Trying my best to stick to these in order but crash 1 is so unforgiving, if you are slightly out with a jump you are gone have rage quit a couple of times already. Still enjoying it loads until when I get stuck, huge nostalgia trip too. Can't wait to show my little nephew is soon and play a few levels with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If ever there's a game the missus would play, it's be this I'd say. Might get it

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Like others have mentioned, Road to Nowhere is a shockingly tough level, among others. I haven't shouted at the TV this much since my online COD days...

I'm going to drag myself through Crash 1 before I move on. Warped is my favourite platformer ever so I'm looking forward to it!

On road to nowhere myself at the moment, Jesus talk about a heap of things against you all at once! Sick of uka uka laughing at me at the game over screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Haven't got it yet but it's been nearly 20 years since I played Crash 1 and I can't remember it being overly difficult.

Worried now though with all the posts on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

J. Marston wrote:
    Haven't got it yet but it's been nearly 20 years since I played Crash 1 and I can't remember it being overly difficult.

J. Marston wrote:
    Worried now though with all the posts on here!

New game is rock hard alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    New game is rock hard alright!

And here was me expecting a pleasant nostalgic stroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Was in blanchardstown today and it was sold out in Argos Smyths and Gamestop. Did retailers order too low or was there limited stock to go around?

klose wrote: »
    Trying my best to stick to these in order but crash 1 is so unforgiving, if you are slightly out with a jump you are gone have rage quit a couple of times already.

Hog Wild !!
    The 3rd pig on a spit !

Made me turn off the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

SeantheMan wrote:
    Hog Wild !! The 3rd pig on a spit !

Are you supposed to jump or stay grounded? I just kept running at it until I struck lucky. Native Fortress on the other hand..

Are you supposed to jump or stay grounded? I just kept running at it until I struck lucky. Native Fortress on the other hand..

Jump, I got it first try just now :D

Next level, turned the console off again.

Firstly you get the section where you flip the log things, make it 3/4 way to the top via super jump boxes...fall all the way back down.
    Finally get near the end...stupid shield guys.

This game...honestly. I haven't had sweaty palms or screamed at a TV in so long.

Sometimes you try to 'soft' jump...but it's just too short because a big jump looks like you'd hit a spike etc.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hog Wild !!
    The 3rd pig on a spit !

Made me turn off the console.

Yup, oh that took me many an attempt too. Was the original this hard too? I don't remember it so but then again I was a young lad. Crash just feels so 'weighty' if that makes sense.

klose wrote: »
    Yup, oh that took me many an attempt too. Was the original this hard too? I don't remember it so but then again I was a young lad. Crash just feels so 'weighty' if that makes sense.

Yeah I remember that hog bit being hard in the original in the exact same place. Your jump has to be really precise but I don't even know what way it has to be precise to make it.

Don't know how but managed to get up to 96% in Crash 2 pretty quickly. Just 4 gems left. Admittedly I had been watching a speed run of Crash 2 last week, so maybe I picked up some tips without trying, plus where/how to get the coloured gems and secret warp rooms. And trying to get all the boxes first time where possible means less replaying levels.

The last gems are going to be a pain though. Two in the future piston levels, and two in the last of the ice levels. I'll keep going until I run out of however many lives I have left, then maybe switch to Warped.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I remember that hog bit being hard in the original in the exact same place. Your jump has to be really precise but I don't even know what way it has to be precise to make it.

Don't know how but managed to get up to 96% in Crash 2 pretty quickly. Just 4 gems left. Admittedly I had been watching a speed run of Crash 2 last week, so maybe I picked up some tips without trying, plus where/how to get the coloured gems and secret warp rooms. And trying to get all the boxes first time where possible means less replaying levels.

The last gems are going to be a pain though. Two in the future piston levels, and two in the last of the ice levels. I'll keep going until I run out of however many lives I have left, then maybe switch to Warped.

Did you skip Crash 1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Road To Nowhere has led to my girlfriend causing a controller casualty already.

Advertisement