Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy: Remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Just got the gold relic on Road to Nowhere after 100 odd attempts! This will be a long road to 100%...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you skip Crash 1 ?

Didn't skip it as such. Played for about 2 hours and got past Pinstripe, but just got frustrated with a few levels and moved on to Crash 2. Think I'd gotten to the level after the second bridge one, and was just hemorrhaging lives so abandoned it. Found Crash 2 much more enjoyable to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

some crash 1 levels are super hard. the one with the log platforms then the fires. keep getting to 6th or 7th checkpoint then crash and burn every time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Seems to be sold out all over Limerick..
    Christ did retailers not expect this to sell?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭klose

bennyl10 wrote: »

Probably expecting a lot of digital downloads, what price are hard copies going for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

klose wrote: »
    Probably expecting a lot of digital downloads, what price are hard copies going for?

37 in Argos
    39 in smyths

44 in GS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Crash is more frustrating than super hard. Jumps seem stupidly precise in silly areas and some levels are just total BS. It's rather short as well. They really cut down the BS in Crash 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The pixel perfect nature of the platforming and the limited world it is set in always made Crash the poor relation compared with Super Mario 64.
    It looked lovely, but it was never in the same league as SM64.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Ipse dixit

Any idea where you can pick this up in Dublin City Centre? Argos and Smyths are sold out and none in Gamestop Stephen's Green.

Reading in a few places that Crash is outselling Horizon in first-week sales. Makes a lot of sense given how many PS4 players likely had the original games or buying it for their kids now whereas Horizon was a new IP and an unknown quantity, but still, it's looking great for Crash. Hopefully the start of a resurgence and new games. Just continue on the formula with the same engine and new levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Horizon sold a lot so that's pretty good going. Helps that it's cheaper than a full price game too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Whatever about the games the price is a bargain and there's the nostalgia factor as well. Can see it having legs right up this this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

bennyl10 wrote: »

Try Harvey Normans thats where I eventually got one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Crash 1 Ripper Roo can f*ck off

So random.
    Finally managed to kill him...but after the final hit I was stood on top of a dynamite box.
    The 'winning' animation of crash giving the peace sign to the camera or whatever starts...but the box's animtion path continues...and I celebrate going over the edge of the waterfall and die.

Have to restart the boss fight again :(

I didn't want to say I felt the jumping was a bit off in the new Crash games and that some jumps were stupidly precise, didn't want to come across as a moaning casual.

However if you think these games are harder than you remember you are probalbly right, the collision boxes are off:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-04-fans-may-know-why-jumping-is-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy

Got 100% in Crash 2 last night. Near ripped my hair out trying to get the all box gem on Cold Hard Crash.

Have only gotten one or two relics though. They seem to be the bulk of what's left for the platinum trophy.

Penn wrote: »
    Got 100% in Crash 2 last night. Near ripped my hair out trying to get the all box gem on Cold Hard Crash.

Have only gotten one or two relics though. They seem to be the bulk of what's left for the platinum trophy.

Doesn't getting 100% consist of getting all the relics etc ?

Doesn't getting 100% consist of getting all the relics etc ?

It does in Crash 3, but since the relics weren't originally in Crash 2 (or 1) they don't count towards % completion, only the gems and crystals.

It does in Crash 3, but since the relics weren't originally in Crash 2 (or 1) they don't count towards % completion, only the gems and crystals.

Achievement-wise do they all count in Crash 1 ?

Some of the levels I've struggled with and can't see my trying to get every single box or trying to get a platinum time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Some levels where you need to get every box and not die for the coloured gems. I just can't see it happening for me... The shame.

• Advertisement

Achievement-wise do they all count in Crash 1 ?

Some of the levels I've struggled with and can't see my trying to get every single box or trying to get a platinum time.

In terms of trophies/achievements, all the gems count, but you don't need to get platinum relics, only gold. Don't know about Crash 1, but in Crash 2 once you've completed the main story you unlock Crash Dash, which means holding down R2 makes you run faster. That'll be the key to getting Gold/Platinum relics, not much point trying to get them before you unlock that ability.

In terms of getting all the gems, yeah, with some levels breaking every box is a huge task, especially where the level splits in two and you can go one way or the other, as there are likely boxes on both routes, meaning you have to go through one route, then backtrack through the other (which means it's harder to see enemies and jumps). Some levels are hard as f*ck, but they're not impossible (hell I just did it and the game has only been out since Friday) and given that Crash 2 & 3 are a good bit easier than Crash 1, that's where the real challenge comes in for those games. Most of the levels in Crash 2 are fairly easy, but getting all the boxes takes a lot more work.

Some levels where you need to get every box and not die for the coloured gems. I just can't see it happening for me... The shame.

It's part of the reason I enjoy Crash 2 a lot more. The coloured gems (and some normal ones) are more based on unlocking secret levels or unlocking new paths in existing levels. Far more interesting and varied.

Pretty sure that was in the originals. Here they save the boxes you destroyed before the checkpoint.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pretty sure that was in the originals. Here they save the boxes you destroyed before the checkpoint.

Yeah but in some levels you can't get the coloured gem if you died in the level at all. Two levels I got all the boxes but as I died, didn't get a gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah but in some levels you can't get the coloured gem if you died in the level at all. Two levels I got all the boxes but as I died, didn't get a gem.

Same as. Broke myself getting 82 boxes and then realised at the very end that I hadn't satisfied the t&c's!

Went back to Crash 1 last night and actually found it a good bit easier having played through Crash 2 and a bit of 3. I missed having the slide jump (even when it's not necessary, it still gives peace of mind for tricky-looking jumps) and the only real difficulty I found was how low the camera is in some flat levels when it's right behind Crash. Can make it hard to properly judge what's ahead.

Still though, finished all the main levels. Hesitant to start going for gems in Crash 1, might try platinum Crash 2 or get 105% in Crash 3 first.

Same as. Broke myself getting 82 boxes and then realised at the very end that I hadn't satisfied the t&c's!

Yeah, the tip at the start tells you you won't get the gem if you die, but I still try get all the boxes even if I did die just so I can tell if there are missing boxes or how to get difficult ones for when I replay the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Died 3 times on the first level trying to get every box on that box bridge.

20 year old rust.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Died 3 times on the first level trying to get every box on that box bridge.

20 year old rust.

No shame. Whoever designed those bridge levels needs to be shot.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No shame. Whoever designed those bridge levels needs to be shot.

Not the bridge level, the first level with the bridge made of boxes :D

Advertisement