Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy: Remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

J. Marston wrote: »
    Died 3 times on the first level trying to get every box on that box bridge.

20 year old rust.

Yeah, I died quite a bit more than 3 times there you're not alone :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find the box bridges easy enough. Hold jump to get extra height and use the dpad instead of the analogue stick. Actually the dpad seems to be much better for these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah, I died quite a bit more than 3 times there you're not alone :pac:

The ones in 2D (bonus levels or 2D sections of other levels) aren't as bad, but it's difficult to properly judge your forward movement in 3D to the point where I made more mistakes on that bit panic correcting myself worried I wasn't going to make it or go too far than actually just missing a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rolled my eyes when I saw the some sites making Dark Souls comparisons but it does have a way of tilting you like DS.

*Miss a jump, die* "Feck sake." *Rush to point you died, die again* "Oh come on..." *Rush again, miss earlier jump due to carelessness* "Fúck off!"

Seriously enjoying it though and the nostalgia is amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rolled my eyes when I saw the some sites making Dark Souls comparisons but it does have a way of tilting you like DS.

*Miss a jump, die* "Feck sake." *Rush to point you died, die again* "Oh come on..." *Rush again, miss earlier jump due to carelessness* "Fúck off!"

Seriously enjoying it though and the nostalgia is amazing.

I dont remember it being so hard, then again it could have been twnety :confused: years ago I played it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Finally got 105% and the platinum trophy on Warped. The gold relic in High Time took me about an hour and a half and completely broke my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

irishman86 wrote: »
    I dont remember it being so hard, then again it could have been twnety :confused: years ago I played it :(

No Crash 1 is harder due to a mix of the altered hitboxes and the fact that all 3 games use Crash 3's jump mechanics, this is what cause the momentum issue that occurs on The High Road when bouncing on the turtles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I started Crash 1 yesterday and got a game over on Native Fortress, its tough going. I also found it hard to be precise during the vertical bouncing bits with the metal boxes and spinning platforms, I kept falling and having to make my way back again.

The game looks great though and feels like how I remember the original in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

No Crash 1 is harder due to a mix of the altered hitboxes and the fact that all 3 games use Crash 3's jump mechanics, this is what cause the momentum issue that occurs on The High Road when bouncing on the turtles.

It's not just Crash 3s jump mechanics, developers made the landing curved, rather than flat. So it's easier to fall and slip.

All went well until the High Road though, then the 60+ lives just vanished :D

Some of the time trials in Crash 2 are pure bullsh*t. Like The Eel Deal. How the f*ck do they not give you a mask at the start considering you have to try get through two fans within the first few seconds of the trial? I wouldn't mind, but there's a box with a mask right at the start which changes to a normal box as soon as you hit the stopwatch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why has the world lost it's sh1t over this remaster?
    I'm sure the meeting between Trump and Putin, at the G20 today, will contain discussion on the remaster vs the originals.

The Lost City's bonus level is driving me bloody mental.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

elekid wrote: »
    I started Crash 1 yesterday and got a game over on Native Fortress, its tough going. I also found it hard to be precise during the vertical bouncing bits with the metal boxes and spinning platforms, I kept falling and having to make my way back again.

The game looks great though and feels like how I remember the original in my head

Im at the same level, the fecking guys with there shields have gotten me a game over about 10 times now

Only 4 relics left in Crash 2. My fingers are in ****ing agony...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Penn wrote: »

Well done, you are nearly there :) I just beat Cortex in Crash 2. The game is definitely easier than the first but I know the relics are going to be just as hard.

Well done, you are nearly there :) I just beat Cortex in Crash 2. The game is definitely easier than the first but I know the relics are going to be just as hard.

Some are surprisingly easy. I don't check the target time before starting and some I've just ended up with a gold or platinum relic first time I made it to the end. But some... Holy sh*t... This morning I finally got gold in Cold Hard Crash after having fallen in one of the last 2 gaps three times when on a great time. For a lot of the levels the hardest parts are early in the level. Once you get past them (after several, several tries) you usually end up in the zone for the rest of the level.

I'm definitely not going to try get platinum relics though. Some of the times for those are beyond insane.

Penn wrote: »

Got it last night. Last few levels weren't too bad, just one part of the very last level kept giving me a bit of trouble (the hitboxes for those f*ckers with the electric arms that go up and down is f*cking bullsh*t).

Still more gems to get for Crash 3 before moving onto the relics there. Already have over half the relics for it anyway so shouldn't take as long. Plus Crash 3 levels are more built towards relics anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I got past the bridge level in Crash 1.
    It feels like an achievement.....how sad is that :(
    **** that game. (I gonna get it out of the way...and enjoy Crash 2 and 3...and never play 1 again)

Maybe make bets with people who come over who think they're old school cool when they hear Crash was remade and say they used to play it back in the day.

"See this bridge level, I'll give you 15 lives and 100euro if ye can finish it......if not you've to give me 50 euro"

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^^
    Bridge Level.

In fairness, I saw theradbrad do it on youtube, and if he can do it, anyone can :D
    What was he trick? He jumped onto the ropes at the side and ran past the obsticles :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭klose

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I got past the bridge level in Crash 1.
    It feels like an achievement.....how sad is that :(
    **** that game. (I gonna get it out of the way...and enjoy Crash 2 and 3...and never play 1 again)

Maybe make bets with people who come over who think they're old school cool when they hear Crash was remade and say they used to play it back in the day.

"See this bridge level, I'll give you 15 lives and 100euro if ye can finish it......if not you've to give me 50 euro"

giphy.gif

Wait till you get to the second level road to nowhere :D

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Wait till you get to the second level road to nowhere :D

Beat it yesterday playing with the OH, it's a serious test of a relationship :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

havent got this yet but i will when its in stock somewhere. i have the original games on my ps3 from the store, which i still play occasionally. ive been playing crash 1 and yes it is a pain at times. i struggled with the hog riding and of course that god forsaken bridge, not to mention the awkward platforming where you need to be bang on. its a hard enough game on the ps1.

the other two are a breeze in comparison. found crash 2 gets repetitive, but an improvement on the first. crash 3 warped holds the best memories for me as it was the only one i ever owned and the first i played in the series.

i heard the jumping style from 2 and 3 has been applied to all three games. i wouldve preferred if they had left it as it is. does it make it difficult?

Robsweezie wrote: »
    havent got this yet but i will when its in stock somewhere. i have the original games on my ps3 from the store, which i still play occasionally. ive been playing crash 1 and yes it is a pain at times. i struggled with the hog riding and of course that god forsaken bridge, not to mention the awkward platforming where you need to be bang on. its a hard enough game on the ps1.

the other two are a breeze in comparison. found crash 2 gets repetitive, but an improvement on the first. crash 3 warped holds the best memories for me as it was the only one i ever owned and the first i played in the series.

i heard the jumping style from 2 and 3 has been applied to all three games. i wouldve preferred if they had left it as it is. does it make it difficult?

Yes. Often you'll find yourself hitting the edge of a platform and slipping off despite it seeming like it you landed right on the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I really hope this comes out on the Xbox One, otherwise I might have to rob my nephews PS4 for a week or two and buy it on the PS4!

Got 100% in Crash 1. No way I'm doing the relics though. I had forgotten there was sapphire, gold and platinum. Got sapphire on the first level after about 20 attempts and thought "That's one out of the way." before seeing the gold and platinum times.

Fúck. That.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BDJW wrote: »
    I really hope this comes out on the Xbox One, otherwise I might have to rob my nephews PS4 for a week or two and buy it on the PS4!

I'd say there's zero chance of that happening.

I'd say there's zero chance of that happening.

It's been long hinted at, firstly from the refusal to confirm it as an exclusive and it was even listed for Xbox One for a december release by some retailer just last week.

It's Activision afterall, quite a high chance it's just timed and I wouldn't be surpised to see it on Xbone or even the Switch (Christ I'd love that) eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's been long hinted at, firstly from the refusal to confirm it as an exclusive and it was even listed for Xbox One for a december release by some (admittedly unknown) retailer just last week.

It's Activision afterall, quite a high chance it's just timed and I wouldn't be surpised to see it on Xbone or even the Switch eventually.

Just reading up on it, I hadn't realised it had gone multi-platform after CTR. I'll be honest, I didn't realise there was anything after CTR… That's me learnt.

It's been long hinted at, firstly from the refusal to confirm it as an exclusive and it was even listed for Xbox One for a december release by some retailer just last week.

It's Activision afterall, quite a high chance it's just timed and I wouldn't be surpised to see it on Xbone or even the Switch (Christ I'd love that) eventually.

Yeah given how no-one has said it's a PS4 exclusive, it should be assumed that it isn't and that it will be coming to Xbox One.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sony has zero rights to crash games and Activision like money. No way this is staying on PS4

Advertisement