Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on areas to live in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Dunno why nobody mentioned it, but there is a commuter train from city to little island with frequent service (every 15 minutes at peak hours). You could live in city centre and no traffic. Mahon has regular bus service for boyfriend.

Best thing about Cork is city centre. So walkable and full of life.
    Yeah just purchased a property myself in little island. Has some of the best transport links in the county, with the train service and easy access to the major roads aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Martha28

I am thinking of buying a house in one of the new developments in Cork. Does anyone live there? What is the area like?
    Also where are the locals schools and what are they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Martha28 wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying a house in one of the new developments in Cork. Does anyone live there? What is the area like?
    Also where are the locals schools and what are they like?

Which new developments?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Martha28

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Which new developments?

Manor farm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Martha28 wrote: »
    Manor farm

A few people I work with bought houses there. Nice houses and still a fairly reasonable price for being so close to Cork city. All happy with their houses.

They would be close to Togher which is considered rough but I haven't heard of any trouble out there.

Not sure about schools etc (colleagues don't have kids) but I can see this being a bit of a problem. There are a huge amount of houses in the one area with young families and it isn't really a town as such. But I don't know and would be the wrong person to ask about that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

Manor Farm is lovely. There are some very good schools within easy enough reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

This is a bit strange you were only moving to cork back in December and now you are buying house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

goochy wrote: »
    This is a bit strange you were only moving to cork back in December and now you are buying house ?

Obviously decided they're staying and that buying is better than renting.

Advertisement