Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WipEout Omega - PS4

Options
  • 03-12-2016 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Some good announcements today but by far the best (in my opinion) is the return of WipEout to PlayStation consoles. I've been waiting on a WipEout game for the PS4.

It is a collection of WipEout HD, Fury and 2048. Slightly disappointing it is 'only' a port of existing games but the games are incredible. WipEout HD is the best game on the PS3 and 2048 is probably the best Vita game. I'm looking forward to playing 2048 on a proper display and with a good controller.

And all in 4K. Or dynamic 4K. Whatever that turns out to be it will probably look excellent.

PS Blog

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seeing as I own them all already this is a big let down.
    Maybe, if it's successful, we'll see a proper new title in 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I'm a little cautious. HD and Fury are still stunning and represent (for me) the absolute apex of Wipeout or that style of game. The entire team behind it reformed as R8 and are developing formula fusion. If it controls the same, I'm on board. Hopefully whoever is working on it does it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Atomicjuicer0

Day 1.

Especially looking forward to 2048 on PS4. The sound effects of the ships in 2048 were sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Love Wipeout HD, and don't have a Vita so looking forward to 2048. Should be a great showcase for PS4 Pro.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

can't wait for this. Never played 2048. This should easily handle 1080p 60fps on standard ps4.

I would love a remaster of the original WipeOut and 2097 more than anything tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Love Wipeout, already have it on PS3, will definitely get it on PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Out tonight! Anybody else have it downloaded and ready to go? Hoping for a decent multiplayer system.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Hoping it has a good MP too, getting it at the weekend. Really looking forward to it.

Getting good reviews too which is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Going to grab it myself. If there's any Boards mp going let me know.

Saw somewhere that they'll set it free at 11 tonight.

• Advertisement

It's very, very nice. Online is fine, seems to have a ranking system in place. Didn't want to stop at all.

My eyes are sore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Cant wait now myself to get it.

Have it on Pre order from Amazon got it for 20 pound posted. Bargain and a 1/2.

How does it play in 4K HDR ?. What FPS is the target for it ?.

I loved it on the VITA prob my fave game on it and cant wait to get stuck into this at the weekend as the sound track is also great in it.

Fast RMX kept me going for the time been but it no WipEout at all !!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Listed on Argos but none in stock. Hopefully grab it on Saturday if it's in.

Anyone pick this up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Yep, loving it so far. Never played any 3 so working my way through 2048. Havent gone into multiplayer yet.

Advertisement