Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FUTIJSU BATTERU ONLY CHARGING 7%?

Options
  • 04-12-2016 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

My FUTIJSU laptop battery for some unknown reason is now reduced to charging only 7% plugged in charging is the message that comes up when I right click on it, it is a nuisance, any ideas what I can do to change and get it back to where it was at 100%. I am given two options for Power Management

Cyber link or
    Balanced which is recommended
    Any suggestions would be most welcome
    Thanks for reading my post:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

banoffe2 wrote: »
    My FUTIJSU laptop battery for some unknown reason is now reduced to charging only 7% plugged in charging is the message that comes up when I right click on it, it is a nuisance, any ideas what I can do to change and get it back to where it was at 100%. I am given two options for Power Management

Cyber link or
    Balanced which is recommended
    Any suggestions would be most welcome
    Thanks for reading my post:)

Have you tried it in safe mode? Does it show the battery/charge there? Might be a faulty battery pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Laptop older than 3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

HI OP

the battery in a laptop is a consumable device, and it degrades after a number of charges. its not unusual. I assume your laptop is older than 12 months.

If a battery degraded before 12 months was up, i'd be onto the manufacturer. If not i;d price a 3rd party and a replacement from manufacturer to compare prices & replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Thanks all for your prompt replies and suggestions

yes it is just over 3 years old, the total charge is now reduced to 6%, I always plug it in so there would never have been a drain on the battery

Its windows 8 Model Lifebook AH512
    I checked the Device Manager and it said the battery is working ok?

Rang the shop that do repairs to it, said that a replacement battery would cost €45 approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Rang the shop that do repairs to it, said that a replacement battery would cost €45 approx.

Cost seems about right, you can of course buy the battery yourself and save €5 or €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

yes it is just over 3 years old, the total charge is now reduced to 6%, I always plug it in so there would never have been a drain on the battery

That tends to nuke it faster, constant top off syndrome. You should have taken the battery out and ran it purely on mains if you were to do that.

You dont need a shop to replace a battery, loads here.

Advertisement