Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeans for men with big thighs..

• 04-12-2016 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi. I find it a nightmare to get jeans that fit. I'm a 36 waist but can't seem to find jeans to fit my thighs. I used to wear Lee jeans but they seem to have changed to follow the latest skinny trends! Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Levis 522 are good.

541s too

The 541s are probably better than the 522s. They are made to accommodate athletic/bigger thighs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Get boot cut. **** the fashion police

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Damien1979

Haha... I'm well past worrying about the fashion police at my age..

• Advertisement

Thanks folks. I'll pay Kildare Village a visit so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Damien1979 wrote: »
    I to have the problem finding jeans to fit my legs...I am a 32/34 waist but my thighs are on the big side...boot cut are really the only option for me ...but as mentioned some Levi jeans fit perfectly but can be hard to find... I find the Levi's in the village to be really bad fitting and do not wear well , I have bought Same Levi's in village as other stores and the sizes and fit are totally different even though they are same product number and size and lost shape after a few washes ... I have found good fitting jeans in tommy in the village as well..

harr wrote: »
    I to have the problem finding jeans to fit my legs...I am a 32/34 waist but my thighs are on the big side...boot cut are really the only option for me ...but as mentioned some Levi jeans fit perfectly but can be hard to find... I find the Levi's in the village to be really bad fitting and do not wear well , I have bought Same Levi's in village as other stores and the sizes and fit are totally different even though they are same product number and size and lost shape after a few washes ... I have found good fitting jeans in tommy in the village as well..

Thanks harr.. I'll try Tommy and see what they're like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have terrible issues with this and can never buy a suit of a rack and have to get the pants made.

In jeans I have a pair of levis, have to check the number, the waist is slightly too big but the legs are fine, the only problem is that the wait slips under my belt. they could do with more loops. also due to the size of the thighs the lower half look baggy ala boot cit.

Boss black label do good ones. But ditto you would need to get the lower half slightly tailored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

NEXT loose fit jeans seem to be designed for big thighs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

Andre Jeans are a very good fit for the larger legged man. I really like them and they are available in lots of styles and colours. Their chino's are good too. Just avoid the very stretchy jeans they do - think they are either called Sanchez or Suarez. They fell apart on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just got a pair in american eagle (try online). They are incredibly stretchy. The first figure hugging jeans I have had without cutting of f circulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I'm a 28"/29" waist, but can't wear jeans that size at all because my thighs are so big. Usually going up to a 30" and wearing a belt is grand. The material around the thighs are still always wearing out incredibly quickly.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Just got a pair in american eagle (try online). They are incredibly stretchy. The first figure hugging jeans I have had without cutting of f circulation.

Is there American Eagle shops in Ireland? I really need to fit jeans on before buying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm a massive 30" waist but with a lifetime of running around football pitches and up/down mountains I too have overly proportionate thighs and also a rare abnormality (these days) that's known as an arse.

This skinny jeans lark gets nowhere near me. I find these days that I buy most of my jeans/chinos in the Gap shop, they've a load of different cuts and they always have a sale on.

theteal wrote: »
    I'm a massive 30" waist but with a lifetime of running around football pitches and up/down mountains I too have overly proportionate thighs and also a rare abnormality (these days) that's known as an arse.

This skinny jeans lark gets nowhere near me. I find these days that I buy most of my jeans/chinos in the Gap shop, they've a load of different cuts and they always have a sale on.

Haha.. I hear ya.. except my waist has expanded over the years too. I'll have a look. Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Kartel have a good size leg in their jeans.

Hi. I find it a nightmare to get jeans that fit. I'm a 36 waist but can't seem to find jeans to fit my thighs. I used to wear Lee jeans but they seem to have changed to follow the latest skinny trends! Any help would be appreciated.

I find Next jeans are good, I'm 36" waist and almost 16 stone, big thighs. Even their slim fit range in jeans cater for larger chaps.

Thigh - calf

And boot cut jeans are really really desperate sh1t to wear nowadays and I was a huge fan of them. Would you wear flares? No I would think, bootcut jeans aren't far off being that much out of fashion now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

here lies the problem, the fashion police won't sell them . Ba*tards. Expect real men to fit into skinny's, not happening yo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't bother. Not only because its going to be insane at this time of year, but because its all fashion shops or remainder stock - neither of which will have what you want.

L1011 wrote: »
    Don't bother. Not only because its going to be insane at this time of year, but because its all fashion shops or remainder stock - neither of which will have what you want.

Indeed, I'm a huge fan of Kildare Village but have never bought jeans or chino there due to sizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lcwill

Similar problem, but beware - smaller shops and brands change models all the time so one year they are fine and the year after you can't get them past you knees. Suggest you find a model of Levi's that you like and you can be pretty sure you will be able to buy them year after year - I'm on 505s at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

I'm a Levis 511 man myself but in the 4 pairs I have bought this year, the leg length wasn't the same for any of them. Waist was fine but leg was either too long or too short. This is basing it off the first pair I ever bought a couple of years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I actually wear skinny jeans and find them surprisingly comfy because they are always made with a stretch material that is flexible and adapts to the shape of my legs. Whenever I now wear my supposedly looser non-stretch jeans, I actually now find them more restrictive, especially after they've been through the wash, as the denim has no give in them and they can feel quite stiff. Saying that, I have skinny legs so I sympathize with those who don't as it seems not only jeans but now formal trousers and even tracksuit bottoms are all following the skinny fit trend!.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

RTE 1.s afternoon show..Daithi and whats her name...did a fashion item today for men....and particularly for sports men with bigger thighs... I was only half listening, and I cant remember the brand. If you go back on the RTE player, you.l get the name of brand recommended....

Advertisement