Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAC eyeshadows?

Options
  • 04-12-2016 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Are they worth the money? im thinking of buying a palette but wont bother if theyre no good...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

If you really want specific shades then you should definitely go for MAC but in terms of price Vs quality it's way down my list.

Inglot and makeup geek are brands I'd prefer if your looking for excellent quality but a less hefty price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

GingerLily wrote: »
    If you really want specific shades then you should definitely go for MAC but in terms of price Vs quality it's way down my list.

Inglot and makeup geek are brands I'd prefer if your looking for excellent quality but a less hefty price tag.

Thanks, where do you buy Inglot and makeup geek? Theyre not sold in my town, can you get them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks, where do you buy Inglot and makeup geek? Theyre not sold in my town, can you get them online?

Inglot available at inglot.ie

They do freedom palettes so you can buy the empty palette and pick what colours you want to go into it.

bee06 wrote: »
    Inglot available at inglot.ie

They do freedom palettes so you can buy the empty palette and pick what colours you want to go into it.

Amazing, thankyou :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The vast majority of my eyeshadows are MAC - I really like the shades and intensity. And they last quite a long time. The only downside is that I've had a few implode while flying.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    The vast majority of my eyeshadows are MAC - I really like the shades and intensity. And they last quite a long time. The only downside is that I've had a few implode while flying.

Oh do they break up easily? I ordered the burgundy palette, it has 9 shades so not too bad for 33 euro, considering its a high end product.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Oh do they break up easily? I ordered the burgundy palette, it has 9 shades so not too bad for 33 euro, considering its a high end product.

It's only happened to me when flying, and even then, only two pots. I fly a lot, so I'd say that the chances of it happening to a regular person are much lower.

For the sake of comparison, I just bought two new pots in duty free in Amsterdam for €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Don't want to burst your bubble, but the reason that palate is so well priced is because its tiny - they are not full size by any stretch. I'd say the whole palette is about the size of the palm of your hand.

Makeup geek is sold on beauty bay online, I've only ever bought Inglot instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I *think* mac eyeshadows are gone down to €7 for some of them anyhow as long as you get it in pan. I use makeup academy (MUA) and find them brilliant! They cost like €4/5 for 10!! Got them sent from uk a few years back. Have about 8 mac shadows and don't really reach for them. The last i got '300 game' wasn't great very hard blend!

• Advertisement

Don't want to burst your bubble, but the reason that palate is so well priced is because its tiny - they are not full size by any stretch. I'd say the whole palette is about the size of the palm of your hand.

They were delivered today, I expected them to be small but these are REALLY tiny, oh well the colours look lovely, havnt tried them out yet but they seem buildable at least judging from swatches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've a couple of Mac eyeshadows but have found that they are nothing special. They are ok if you are looking for a specific shade or a limited edition. As others have said Inglot shadows are of a great quality and I hear a lot of praise for makeup Geek but I have none myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I am an Urban Decay addict myself, but I gotta say Inglot is also fab. Great pigmentation and lasts.
    Was never big into MAC although a few of my friends adore their eyeshadow.

I can't believe how cheap mac refills are now, I think I might actually buy some!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wistfuleyes

I find MAC eyeshadows EXCELLENT.
    I have a large blank pallet and I fill it as needed. The refills are much cheaper.
    If applied properly with an eyelid primer they will last all day long.
    I honestly think they are the best eyeshadows...along with Sephora palletes (which can now be bought online).

I find MAC eyeshadows EXCELLENT.
    I have a large blank pallet and I fill it as needed. The refills are much cheaper.
    If applied properly with an eyelid primer they will last all day long.
    I honestly think they are the best eyeshadows...along with Sephora palletes (which can now be bought online).

Theyre really good, im delighted I purchased this palette, ive been using it everyday. Its really small but the quality is amazing and the colours are gorgeous, its replaced my Urban decay naked 3 palette for everyday wear which is really saying something.

Advertisement