Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC that you can hook play station up to - please help

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Well, it's really all about the monitor. Make sure there are enough HDMI inputs and you're good to go. I mean, the playstation won't be anything to do with the p.c., whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Birneybau wrote: »
    Well, it's really all about the monitor. Make sure there are enough HDMI inputs and you're good to go. I mean, the playstation won't be anything to do with the p.c., whatsoever.

Thanks so much
    So I just need to make sure the monitor had HDMI input do I? And then I'm ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

So the desktop is just for homework? And Internet.

You could pay half this price using Amazon.

So the desktop is just for homework? And Internet.

You could pay half this price using Amazon.

Yeah more or less
    But i wouldn't have it in time for christmas if I ordered from amazon
    Can you advise me exactly what I need to get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    Yeah more or less
    But i wouldn't have it in time for christmas if I ordered from amazon
    Can you advise me exactly what I need to get

Ok I'll not complicate it. Get the bundle.
    It will work for what you need.

Just make sure. I have never heard a kid wanting a desktop for just homework make sure he not thinking he'll game on it.

• Advertisement

Ok I'll not complicate it. Get the bundle.
    It will work for what you need.

Just make sure. I have never heard a kid wanting a desktop for just homework make sure he not thinking he'll game on it.

He's in transition year and getting a lot of project work that he needs to do from home and hates using my laptop cause he uses desk top in school and prefers it
    All he wants is to be able to play his play station on it too
    So the link I attached would do would it?
    Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    He's in transition year and getting a lot of project work that he needs to do from home and hates using my laptop cause he uses desk top in school and prefers it
    All he wants is to be able to play his play station on it too
    So the link I attached would do would it?
    Thanks a million

Would be useful to know if supplied monitor has two hdmi ports, to make it easier to switch between PC and PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sorry for the large image.

s-l1600.jpg

That EAN (4713392701993) comes with a G236HL which is DVI and VGA. Not what you want for consoles.

Get a monitor separately with HDMI + (DVI or HDMI or VGA) and you're set to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Also remember that many monitors will not have built in speakers which would also make them unsuitable.

Dell have a latest generation i3 based system with a 23" monitor for €579 delivered at the moment, it does have HDMI/VGA and speakers also....it would be infinitely faster than that Argos PC which is very low end.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

got a pair of these for a b'day present. decent sound. powered by USB either from the mains or from a PC.
    Mila 2 speakers. Not high end but good enough for basic sound

I also have a laptop which I plug into the TV (or monitor) via HDMI and use a USB keyboard and a mouse operated by bluetooth (with a small bluetooth adapter plugged into the the laptop in a USB port). The only difference between this setup and a PC is the fact that you dont have a seperate PC tower on the floor.

I assume, though, that you want to get him something for him to call his own but if you end up being stuck, you could consider that option as a stopgap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement