Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you shorten an LED pendant cable?

Options
  • 04-12-2016 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Apologies for what may be a stupid question!

Is it possible to shorten the cable on an LED pendant light? Have some in Lidl which I love the look of but between the shade and cable the hanging length is almost 1.5m. My ceiling is not that high! I would need to shorten it significantly but don't know if this is even possible on an LED cable.

Grateful for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can you post a link to the particular light?

I'd say it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Apologies for what may be a stupid question!

Is it possible to shorten the cable on an LED pendant light? Have some in Lidl which I love the look of but between the shade and cable the hanging length is almost 1.5m. My ceiling is not that high! I would need to shorten it significantly but don't know if this is even possible on an LED cable.

Grateful for any advice

Generally with these type of lights you will be able to shove some of the length of the cable back up into the ceiling to adjust the height. If you can post a picture of the light it will helpful.

Advertisement