Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck v Duckling

Options
  • 04-12-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,628 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any significant difference if I buy something labelled as duck v duckling?
    I see LIDL will have a fresh duckling in their Christmas range, am I ok to cook that the same as a 'duck' or might it need less time in the oven \ have less fat etc?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

In my experience, duckling seems to be fattier. You should give it a little less cooking time, simply because there is less meat. Or you could do as I do, and opt for duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Duckling is not a term that's really used anymore.
    I asked a guy from Silver Hill what happened to the fashion for duckling. According to him, what is now sold as duck is the very same thing as what used to be called duckling.

I think the term duckling was a bit emotive for some people and suggested a small product to others.

So, to answer your question, there is no difference.

Advertisement