Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney beach tea rooms

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

I hope so. In its current condition, it has been a complete blight on the landscape what with the graffiti building up over the years. I had a look at the plans a few times and they look very cool. It appears to be a contemporary take on its former use. Thankfully, they are keeping it as a public amenity partially by way of incorporating a cafe into the overall plans.

Now, I had a look at some of the submissions/observations regarding the proposal which is the typical NIMBY-ism from the locale. A lot of reasoning within them seems to stem from the fact that the decaying function of the beach and its facilities is making the area more exclusive. Thankfully, common sense prevailed within the DLRCOCO in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Is there any update on this? Walked by it today and they're still doing work on it, the top part seems to be renovated, hopefully they keep going and do up the rest of it and put it to good use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

I hope they've got external shutters included in the budget for all the windows and doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Still ongoing work and yes there are a mixture of metal and wooden shutters

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Latest pic taken today.

2lk4qdg.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement